January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

10 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

We also bought Shaun Maloney that window I see, for a cheeky £1m. I always thought was a very talented player back then, certainly great for the squad but couldn't settle.Christ, that was a decent window. Quality not quantity.

If I remember correctly, he would've been out of contract in the Summer, his free kicks were class

1 minute ago, BOF said:

Lansbury has a bit of nasty and cocky about him too.  I remember when we played Forest and he was in our faces and all antagonistic.  I remember thinking I wouldn't mind having him on our side.  Obviously I 'hated' his antics on the day, but he certainly stood out :thumb:

Yup, we have been too nice for too long, we need a bit of a word removed in our team.  The way we got kicked all over the pitch last time was embarassing.

• Like 1

After spending the last few days on twitter, it's relatively tranquil here all of a sudden. You're not all suggesting that we should piss money up the wall unnecessarily to get deals done. 

On Hourihane, I'm astonished they're willing to let him go for £1m. If we can outbid Wednesday, sensibly, then we should try, but only if we need to. We should do our very best to convince the player that his future lies here regardless, because he's very good and that price is 90's value. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Don't be frustrated. Normal servixe is resumed.

When have we ever gone into January and made a raft of signings? Sylla, Holt, Dawkins, Heskey, Routledge.

Going back to deadly Djemba Djemba was the only signing I can remember. 

...and when you do pay money you get your eye taken out. Darren Bent.

This window is a monumental waste of time, and SSN can go ***** themselves with the utter tripe they come up with to sensationalise this tripe. 

I had hoped we would do business early doors, naively but it's the same as always. Very difficult. All the more reason to hate RDM. 

Darren Bent in my eyes was an absolute bargain, mainly because of his return on interest, without his goals that season we would've gone down.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, BOF said:

Lansbury has a bit of nasty and cocky about him too.  I remember when we played Forest and he was in our faces and all antagonistic.  I remember thinking I wouldn't mind having him on our side.  Obviously I 'hated' his antics on the day, but he certainly stood out :thumb:

I mean, maybe... but I think he genuinely is just an absolute tit of the highest order.

• Like 1

Apparently we have 

52 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

After spending the last few days on twitter, it's relatively tranquil here all of a sudden. You're not all suggesting that we should piss money up the wall unnecessarily to get deals done. 

On Hourihane, I'm astonished they're willing to let him go for £1m. If we can outbid Wednesday, sensibly, then we should try, but only if we need to. We should do our very best to convince the player that his future lies here regardless, because he's very good and that price is 90's value. 

Apparently being reported we have entered the race and match Wednesdays offer of 1.25m offering 28k  a week so are set to sign him!!

i live xia attitude no pissing around like under Lerner and EllisEllis

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

According to my Barnsley fan mate, hourihane is their best player by an absolute mile. Takes absolutely everything. 

As long as that includes '...the pis# out of the opposition', then that's good enough for me.

Edited by dounavilla

Staring to get excited again now, if we managed to sign both Lansbury and Hourihane then our central midfield is going to be significantly strengthened, best in the league? From the worst X)

Honestly, if we managed just to get those 2 deals done I would not complain. The more the better though, Bruce has also stated he is on the lookout for a quality striker too which I think is great.

We've missed out on a few targets (no biggie) but have deals in the pipeline it seems...

The Gollini loan kind of makes sense I suppose, better than selling him anyway as I think he's got huge potential at such a young age and we would regret letting him go in the future as he develops. Not gonna get game time here so may as well keep sharp elsewhere.

• Like 1