January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

3 minutes ago, Xela said:

I like the look of Hourihane as he has a left peg. Something we clearly lack in midfield. He'd add a bit of balance to the team

Would be delighted if we could clinch hourihane and Lansbury .

• Like 3

Hourihane Lansbury Tishbola Jedinak looks a bit better as midfield options. I think Jedinak will be better with someone to shoulder the burden aswell!! Her Hourihane game sorted then get back in for Bree. This could be a cracking window after all!! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

If the rumours are true that a Chinese team wants to offer 15m for ayew I would sell for definite and put all that money towards a rb and a quality striker

Yep. Same if a stupid offer comes in for Amavi. 

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

Yep. Same if a stupid offer comes in for Amavi. 

Yep - Amavi's heads gone in my opinion. He also is always going to have bad associations with Villa - the injury then relegation. He's spent more time on our treatment table than playing/training with us. 

1 hour ago, GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS said:

-------------- Johnstone --------------

Bree -- Chester -- Baker -- Amavi

------------------Jedinak ---------------

---------Lansbrini -- Hourihane ----

Adomah ----------------------- Brady

----------------- Kodjia ----------------

Bench: Bunn, Bacuna, Elphick, Tshibola, Grealish, Ayew, McCormack

If we can get those two midfielders in asap, then it gives us the rest of the window to try for Bree and Brady (or alternatives).  That would give us (on paper) an absolutely cracking side and an incredibly strong bench (ignoring the fact that a couple of them might go)!  Plus it also means we wouldn't need Hutton, Westwood or Gardner in the match day squad, now wouldn't that be nice!

At last!!!!!!

A potential team that has purpose, structure and balance and a possible identity of what we might try and do in games.

Sick to the back teeth of just randomly plonking players together for the last 5 years because nobody has a clue where they play, including the manager.

4 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Sorry, I don't agree. Amavi is a good young player with bags of potential. It's proving difficult enough as it is to just strengthen our existing team, why waste time getting rid of the few decent players we have and then struggle and possibly fail (which would be catastrophic) to replace them? There's simply not enough time either. Even if big offers come in, there's no point in accepting them in this window unless we have ready made replacements. We should really back these guys, seems like he could have moved on before but has stuck with us and not presented any attitude problems.

We're not exactly struggling with finances either so it just doesn't make sense imo.

If we want to progress as a team, we need to try and keep hold of our greatest assets who could go on to improve considerably and become very important players for us. Again, with better players around them they in turn will improve.

I wouldn't actively look to sell him but if a ridiculous offer came in the summer then i'd take it. Say, that £25m offer, that we were meant to have tuned down. Xia has already stated that there won't be unlimited funds to keep throwing at players so there will have to be an element of wheeling and dealing and the money could be used to buy 2/3 players (including a replacement)

• Like 3

Just now, pacbuddies said:

Almost halfway through the transfer window and only a young goalkeeper on loan to show for it. We really need to get our finger out!

Hopefully things will pick up next week. 

I'm sure the club will be working hard to get the best deals for us.