January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

It would feel strange to have 2 midfielders in the team capable of scoring goals. Just 2 signings could potentially transform this team. 

In that guys defence he was spot on in the summer. We all know the club are 'working on things' and we won't know the names of most. If he was to come out and say 'we're in for xyz' and only one lands, he'll be a failure for getting 2/3 wrong. 

If I were ITK I'd take Trents approach and not make a song and dance about it! 

Bruce said he's looking to strengthen in all departments if we can get someone better in, so hopefully a defender, HL and CH for midfield and a striker (Rhodes on loan maybe if they can't shift him permanently) towards the end of the window. 

It's setting up to be a good 2 and a bit weeks for us. 

Just now, Xela said:

I just hope they don't suffer with the affliction most of our new signing do when they put the shirt on - ie become shit. 

To be fair, the majority of our signings over the last few years were shit before we signed them. 

17 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Classic ITK line there. Nothing imminent except for all the stuff that might or might not be about to happen. Fantastic work. 

Exactly just reporting what's in media nonsense made up crap

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Exactly just reporting what's in media nonsense made up crap

This guy was spot on all through the summer. Hes the only one i believe out of all of them. He tweeted on thursday that nothing will happen until at least tuesday of this week while everyone else was saying the forest deal was going over the line any minute!

Where exactly did i say we were actively targeting shit players? I was responding to a comment that seemed to imply that some of our signings started performing poorly after they signed for us, which is simply wrong. The majority simply were not good enough when we signed them. 

Edited by av1

Just now, av1 said:

Where exactly did i say we were actively targeting shit players? I was responding to a comment that seemed to imply that some of our signings started performing poorly after they signed for us, which is simply wrong. The majority simply wasn't good enough when we signed them. 

You said we signed shit players. If we were making a decision to sign shit players as you said then obviously we've targeted them when scouting. 

Calling our signings shit before they got to us is wrong. They had potential or were generally speaking performing well in their respective teams which is why we signed them. 

We took a chance on potential. We didn't sign shit players.

1 minute ago, sexbelowsound said:

You said we signed shit players. If we were making a decision to sign shit players as you said then obviously we've targeted them when scouting. 

I did not say that we made a decision to sign shit players. The scouting was crap, and the choices made were poor.

5 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

Calling our signings shit before they got to us is wrong. They had potential or were generally speaking performing well in their respective teams which is why we signed them. 

No its not. So by your logic we can't call any player shit before they sign for us if they are performing well for their team? Dave the builder is playing well for the Queens Head in Dudley, are we allowed to be disappointed if we show an interest in him?

3 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

We took a chance on potential. We didn't sign shit players.

Yes we did. We signed players that were nowhere near good enough to play PL football for Aston Villa, hence we no longer play PL football, and these guys aren't even good enough for our new league. 

They are shit, and were shit when we signed them. 

Just now, The Fun Factory said:

What about Jack Rodwell? Or is that a stupid suggestion? He badly needs a career reboot- it was not that long ago City spent a fortune on him, he now not really in Sunderland's team. Is it a case of yet another over hyped player or can he fufill his early potential?

Good player who's lost his way and been plagued by injuries - not sure he's what we need at the moment though- we need players up to speed who can hit the ground running .

2 minutes ago, av1 said:

I did not say that we made a decision to sign shit players. The scouting was crap, and the choices made were poor.

No its not. So by your logic we can't call any player shit before they sign for us if they are performing well for their team? Dave the builder is playing well for the Queens Head in Dudley, are we allowed to be disappointed if we show an interest in him?

Yes we did. We signed players that were nowhere near good enough to play PL football for Aston Villa, hence we no longer play PL football, and these guys aren't even good enough for our new league. 

They are shit, and were shit when we signed them. 

And after all of that I still disagree that they were shit as I've pointed out. Saying they were shit before we signed them also takes a massive weight off the shoulders of people like Tim Sherwood who failed to even get close to intregrating them into the team.

I still dont know if these players are shit now let alone be able to say they were shit before we signed them.

37 minutes ago, AJ said:

Self professed ITKs. I don't get them, and why do they bother?

Attention seeking fantasists. Even if they're not, and they somehow do get some scraps of information, transfers are so fluid and changeable that they're barely worth knowing about until an official announcement. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

And after all of that I still disagree that they were shit as I've pointed out. Saying they were shit before we signed them also takes a massive weight off the shoulders of people like Tim Sherwood who failed to even get close to intregrating them into the team.

I still dont know if these players are shit now let alone be able to say they were shit before we signed them.

I agree that simply blaming the players takes a bit of pressure off the managers, but by and large our managers have also spent poorly. As for the last paragraph, i think we should maybe just agree to disagree :thumb:

8 minutes ago, av1 said:

I agree that simply blaming the players takes a bit of pressure off the managers, but by and large our managers have also spent poorly. As for the last paragraph, i think we should maybe just agree to disagree :thumb:

Fair dos. Onwards and upwards :)

58 minutes ago, av1 said:

To be fair, the majority of our signings over the last few years were shit before we signed them. 

Agreed. I'm surprised some fans still think we signed good players only for the curse of Villa turned them shit. No, we actively signed players who were either past it or we're never good enough in the first place and never would be. You can thank Lerner for that. 

• Like 1