January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

Hourihane would be a great signing for us and hopefully we manage to get Lansbury over the line. Ideally would like a striker but struggling to see who we could sign, January really is a terrible time to be doing your business. Hopefully Bruce can get some decent signings even if a couple are loan deals. 

8 minutes ago, Dirtysanchez said:

I think you'll find Newcastle battered us. I remember cos it was one of the few Villa games I have managed to get to. 

Disagree. It was 2-0 very early on. Then young scored and we just couldn't get another, not through want of trying. Carew had one disallowed I believe.....

Anyway.... totally OT :)

4 hours ago, bobzy said:

I mean, maybe... but I think he genuinely is just an absolute tit of the highest order.

Yep I don't disagree, but I also don't necessarily see it as a negative from a footballing sense. Bring it on. Get some swagger in midfield and start behaving like the big club we keep telling people that we are. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I am very unhappy we have not got in at least ONE outfield player by now. Surely we could have lined up at least one player in advance? 

Unhappy how ? 

Its just what it is, they haven't not bought anyone on purpose !

4 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Unhappy how ? 

Its just what it is, they haven't not bought anyone on purpose !

Unhappy in a not being very happy kind of way. 

4 hours ago, theboyangel said:

Hoping the sun are correct for once- allegedly agreed personnel terms with hourihane. 

Also itv reporting transfer embargo lifted at forest. 

Hopefully we can get both signed early next week. 

Is the Sun above board? As they say in the Ayew to China story that we have offered Lansbury £40k pw and then say we have agreed £28k pw I smell horses poo poo 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Lord Willard said:

If we get Lansbury and hourihane let's hope they compliment each other more than gerrard and lampard did for England

I would not have said no to having Gerrard and Lampard in our midfield a few years ago. It has been a while since our midfield players complemented each other after all. ;) 

Edited by John

7 hours ago, hippo said:

Why is he only £1m ? - I know his contact isn't long - but couldn't we just blow everyone else out of the water by offering £3m....

Yes. Let's start a bidding war!