January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

3 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

@Grasshopper 

Do I think Bruce will want 11 new players, eventually, to complete his squad? Quite probably. I wouldn't say he was wrong. Do I think we need to sign 11 new players this January in order to stand a chance of making the playoffs? No. Should we? Definitely not. That would be bonkers. When will he find the time to integrate these players when we have a game every 3 days? And unless you can ship 11 out, impossible in January, where are you going to put 30 players on a day to day basis? How about another bomb squad?

Take Hutton for example. You may not rate him, I don't think he's particularly good, but is he good enough to play for a team 6th in the championship? I think so. Our issue is scoring goals and that is in the main down to a lack of supply from the midfield. A couple of decent signings in midfield and we've a good chance of improving further, but if we can also replace Hutton (as we have the GK) at the managers wishes then great. But wholesale changes of the kind you're talking are not only impossible in January, they're a really really bad idea. 

100% agree with this. The main issue to sort in January is getting in a left winger and a box-to-box midfielder. If we don't sort these two positions out then a push for the playoffs will be even tougher. We need to sort the supply line out and the massive gap we constantly have in the middle of the pitch.

• Like 1

Lets add Hourihane to the deal and act sharp because other clubs might also be caerphilly considering making moves for one or both of these players given they could prove to be two of the feta signings during this window. 

2 hours ago, Phumfeinz said:

Bree & Lansbury would be two very solid signings for us.

I'm always amazed by the amount our fans know about random players from the Championship (and below).  What's this Bree lad like?

Its a shame Steve Grapes has now retired.

I think Bree and Grapes would have complimented each other extremely well

They are of the same mould

Edited by sidcow