January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Forest are not going to sell one of their best players to Derby their fierce rivals. Imagine us selling one of our best players to blose?

we did

Craig Gardner and Liam Ridgewell, we never recovered after that

:ph34r:

Edited by VillanousOne

There's a lot more to it than just signing 8-9-10-11 players...

Yes our squad is weak in certain areas, (midfield being the obvious) but have we not already spent £55m?

Put it into perspective, if we were spending the same proportion of money to other clubs in the premier league rather than the championship, we would be accused of "buying the league".

And one of our worst ever transfer windows is when we splashed out cash on a load of these french league players, and we know how that panned out.

5 minutes ago, Flynnchin84 said:

Put it into perspective, if we were spending the same proportion of money to other clubs in the premier league rather than the championship, we would be accused of "buying the league".

Good. I've no interest in us being 'good guys' anymore. 

• Like 2

The problem with the Amavi Gueye Veretout Ayew window wasn't the players we signed. It was the players we lost, Benteke, Cleverly, Delph and Vlaar were all vital to us at the time.

Whoever it is we sign in cm(Lansbury or whoever else) I hope we get it wrapped up quickly, we need to start making up ground quickly.

And I'd take downing 100%. He is far better than any other player we have on the left. On loan it's a no brainer.

• Like 1

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/2571016/aston-villa-transfer-news-james-bree-barnsley/

ASTON VILLA boss Steve Bruce is ready to offer £4million for Barnsley’s brilliant young right-back James Bree.

Bruce wants to buy the talented defender and put him straight into his side as part of a major overhaul of the Championship outfit.

I'd be happy to see downing return - not sure about the swap link of McCormack for Brady but  I can see why Bruce would make that decision if he has another sftriker in mind too.

brady Rhodes downing and Lansbury would certainly provide far more creativity even if it meant losing Ross as part of a deal.

1 hour ago, Godders said:

Surely Watford and Derby will come in and at least match us then. I can't believe in today's market we'd snatch him from under their noses for a mere £3mill. That's peanuts. Fantastic business if we do though.

depends what they plan on using him as and how much they value him, seeing as he'd probably come here as our first midfielder on the team sheet id say we value him higher than most

At the risk of sounding dramatic or mean...I really really hate Stuart Downing. His irritating face didnt help, nor the way he gleefully trotted off to Liverpool the second they batted their eyelids. But most of all he was the most cowardly, weak, tackle shy, lily-livered player I have ever seen. I really, really hate Stuart Downing.  

God that was cathartic

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

11 signings needed to make the playoffs... That's up there with 85-0. 

Last week it was 'only' 9?

on the basis of our transfer record of good signings in the past......we would need 85 signings just to get  5 or 6 good ones:)

Edited by TRO
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, villan-scott said:

On the note of Downing, I'd have him back in a heart beat. Quite underrated I always thought, and he has a sweet left foot, his set pieces and delivery would be handy coming in from the left.

He wasn't exactly ripping up this league last year and has got to be approaching 33 surely?

He seemed to get phased out more and more as the season went on, as Ramirez came in and showed him how it's done.

I liked Downing as a player, very technically sound but there was something about him that really annoyed me. He just seemed to coast through games, he was either on it and everything was great or he wasn't on it and he didn't look that arsed or concerned.. The fact he dropped into the Championship so willingly was a tell tale sign.

Edited by rodders0223

1 hour ago, Jareth said:

Jimmy Cheese? Get him in! ABH (Anyone But Hutton).

I hear he's very gouda.

Roll out the cheese puns!!!! 

(I camembertly contain myself at the thought!)

Edited by theboyangel
  • Like 3