January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

1 minute ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

@Grasshopper 

. But wholesale changes of the kind you're talking are not only impossible in January, they're a really really bad idea. 

those kind of changes only happen in fifa and football manager.

as you have said 2-3 good signings around the middle of the park and we will improve greatly

• Like 1

If young players with high potential, like Bree, are available we should be looking to bring them in regardless of our other plans.

However, priority for this window has to be 2 midfielders. We need more drive and creativity in the middle to bring out the best in Kodjia and McCormack. Although I would not be against us signing another striker as I can't see Gabby, Kozak or Ayew fitting that position. 

• Like 1

Haven't seem him play but looks like the type of signing I want the club to make so happy with it. Even if we don't go up this season we should be much better in terms of the squad next season and I think next season is more likely for promotion with Bruce in charge.

Reading through this thread in particular it's very clear to see from a fan perspective where Villa need to strengthen and with Villa's mooted interested in Lansbury the manager has also indentified that weakness so both are singing from the same hymn sheet. One would hope Bruce is thinking of more than just one midfielder though as Villa's midfield needs a complete rebuild.

I also feel Villa need to invest in another forward. Agbonlahor isn't going to create on his own. He hasn't been prolific even with a better midfield behind him. McCormack isn't really an striker in the true sense of the word and to get the best out of him he needs to play in behind a forward who plays on the shoulder of a defender. So far Bruce has been reluctant to play that way with Kodjia positioned out wide. To me this is one reason why Villa's forwards haven't been firing as they should.

So if Bruce is going to persist with Kodjia as a wide forward when he comes back and Agbonlahor is clearly not up to the job of scoring on a regular basis then even with a better midfield in place I think it's imperative that Bruce brings another forward in. Rhodes would be ideal on loan or someone of his ilk just to give Villa a better option than Gabby to make Villa less predicable going forward.

• Like 1

If you Camembert the facr that he will give us 3 years at the very most if he turns out to be good then the liokes of city and the plop will be sniffing around like hes stinking bishop then we all good.

i will get my coat