January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

They appear to be about to lose another player to Burnley (Marc Roberts, or something like that). I really don't think it's beyond the bounds of possibility that they've taken a look round the dressing room, realised there's soon going to be no-one there but a bunch of 17 year olds and Doris the Tea Lady, and thought 'maybe let's take the hit in the summer'. 

We'll find out soon enough, I guess.

That villa transfers twitter was reliable in summer on all our transfers he aint a fraud like agent dave. Id say his latest news from an hour or so ago is more up to date than a daily mail reporter who probably found that out a few hours ago when the medical was all go.

• Like 1

Here is the relevant part from the Daily Mail article

Middlesbrough have not agreed a deal with Aston Villa over Jordan Rhodes but talks are expected to continue. Villa offered around £6million plus add-ons up to £9million for the 26-year-old but Middlesbrough want to recoup the £11m they paid to Blackburn for the Scotland international a year ago. Villa are continuing to look for options for Jordan Ayew and Ross McCormack to help offset their January outlay with Barnsley midfielder Conor Hourihane also expected to arrive at Villa Park today for medical after a fee was accepted.

The 25-year-old has also been a target for Sheffield Wednesday. Nottingham Forest's Henri Lansbury is poised to follow in a £3m deal. Meanwhile, 32-year-old Middlesbrough midfielder Stewart Downing has decided to stay and fight for his place despite interest from Villa and Crystal Palace.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Uncle Albert said:

That villa transfers twitter was reliable in summer on all our transfers he aint a fraud like agent dave. Id say his latest news from an hour or so ago is more up to date than a daily mail reporter who probably found that out a few hours ago when the medical was all go.

Agreed , I'd be inclined to think he has some connection to or knows someone at little Aston hospital  as he seems to know all the details about when the club book medical slots there 

• Like 1

That Villa transfers account said Kodjia would definitely play the game before the AFCON which turned out to be wrong. I'm fairly sure he was VillaSouthener on here as well and said we were signing Ravel Morrison which he got wrong also. All in all his info is fairly reliable but not 100%.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, thunderball said:

What about Adam Johnson, he seems to have fallen out of favour at Sunderland? Worth a punt?

With Ched Evans as his partner

I'm sure they know how to put balls in the box and score

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bunnski said:

That Villa transfers account said Kodjia would definitely play the game before the AFCON which turned out to be wrong. I'm fairly sure he was VillaSouthener on here as well and said we were signing Ravel Morrison which he got wrong also. All in all his info is fairly reliable but not 100%.

To be fair his connection is at the hospital and at the training ground.. so Kodjia thing is forgivable. It was also a last minute decision it seems that not even Kodjia knew if he was. Don't think he's southerner.