January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

13 minutes ago, sne said:

Lansbury supposedly going to earn £40.000/week according to SKY.

Gotta feel sorry for Xia having to hand out massive contracts to bang average players to be able to get them to sign for us.

Absolutely. I often wonder you arrive at these figures, for instance, it was reported that we were going to offer Hourihane £28kpw. Now thats an obscene amount of money of course, but like Lansbury he is out of contract in the summer and it could be argued that Hourihane is the better player, certainly this season. 

Sometimes i wonder if agents just pluck random numbers from their minds 

16 minutes ago, srsmithusa said:

Pat may be a tube.... but TBF, the fee and wages (and overall contract) are the hard parts.  A player that is regularly playing is not likely to have a medical issue.  Not impossible, agreed, but not likely.

Fair points.Though without sounding pedantic, Lansbury has been out with a hamstring injury since mid December.

7 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

I read that Lansbury had agreed personal terms last week it was just the takeover causing the delay so in reality it is pretty much done.

I wouldn't have thought we'd do the medical before agreeing personal terms, so certainly does look like this has been tied up earlier than today.

9 minutes ago, av1 said:

Absolutely. I often wonder you arrive at these figures, for instance, it was reported that we were going to offer Hourihane £28kpw. Now thats an obscene amount of money of course, but like Lansbury he is out of contract in the summer and it could be argued that Hourihane is the better player, certainly this season. 

Sometimes i wonder if agents just pluck random numbers from their arses 

Fixed ;)

8 minutes ago, av1 said:

Sometimes i wonder if agents just pluck random numbers from their minds 

When you are getting a player on the cheap (or a free) at the end of their contract, it seems that the agents ask for some of the 'saving' to be added to the wages.  eg Player value £5m, bought for £1m - leave £4m 'saved' spread over a 3yr contract = £25k a week.  The players value should still be around £5m if sold so that money can be recouped.  Theoretically.

16 minutes ago, John said:

He has fallen out of favour everywhere. I have heard he is doing well on his new wing but he does not have a release clause so will be staying where he is!  

I've heard he needs a new ring on his new wing.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Hoof hearted said:

God bless him!!

You could argue that he fecked up employing RDM, but you can't argue with the blokes investment or enthusiasm. 

8 minutes ago, av1 said:

You could argue that he fecked up employing RDM, but you can't argue with the blokes investment or enthusiasm. 

Even then I'd give him a pass. The guy was a Champion's League winner (yes, I know, but still) and had been promoted from the Championship. He was a strong candidate, this job just showed him up for how weak he is as a manager and how lucky he'd gotten previously. How does an ex-midfielder as good as he was not notice how terrible ours was/is?

47 minutes ago, DoubtGin said:

Tony :D

Can someone explain this?

1 minute ago, Ginko said:

Can someone explain this?

At a guess. He said yesterday he 50% sure a signing would be made by Saturday. I'm guessing he is now 95% sure, ie Lansbury is practically done. 

2 minutes ago, av1 said:

Couldn't agree more BOF. Its not the mistakes that count, its how you react to them and learn from them. 

As I heard it put quite succinctly on TV the other evening.

You either win or you learn :thumb:

• Like 1