Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

On another night it could have been oh so different. A flashed shot wide, a Gollini save.

...but you know what? We deserved that bit of luck. It wasn't spectacular but it rarely is at this point. We need to use this, take this momentum, get 3 points from Fulham...it doesn't have to be pretty and keep up some form of momentum until January. Where we can ship a few out and ship a few in. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Lots of eye brows raised with the team selection but guess what? We actually had a system, a game plan and most importantly some ******* fight. 

Not sure what he did or said to the players after the Wolves game but whatever it was it worked. 

Seriously ? The team that finished bore no resemblance to the team he picked. Dodgy selections at full back, dodgy selections in the middle and no Ayew . Ayew comes on and guess what we look threatening. A last minute penalty does not disguise the fact we were poor for most of the match and his team selections were crap.

i am , however, delighted we have won we need more of those to keep us away from relegation

5 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Just because you don't like it doesn't make it crap. We've not won games with teams that you, me and others have liked. 

He set us up, he made changes and after 90 minutes we have a win. 

Can't believe after the first win in so long your critical about it. 

My critical what ? 

• Like 1

I have had no access to the score, commentary, nothing until sitting down a moment ago. Jesus bleedin Christ. 3 points. an away win. Congrats Brucey I hope this is the start of more to come. 4 points from your first 6 available. To be honest I was not expecting to see us the winner come full time and fair play.

• Like 2

There are, shall we say, 'observations' one could make, but all for another time.

It simply can't be underestimated how important a fairly quick win was going to be.

Congratulations Bruce on somehow getting a Win, and an away one at that. Well done.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Richard said:

Seriously ? The team that finished bore no resemblance to the team he picked. Dodgy selections at full back, dodgy selections in the middle and no Ayew . Ayew comes on and guess what we look threatening. A last minute penalty does not disguise the fact we were poor for most of the match and his team selections were crap.

i am , however, delighted we have won we need more of those to keep us away from relegation

I think good selections won the game. If we had dodgy selections all over the park today we would have lost against a decent Reading team playing at home. 

It's not like we were battered the total shots and shots on target stats were pretty equal. 

Bruce picked the right team to win the game.... Because we won the game. 

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/37614900

Aston Villa manager Steve Bruce:

"I have to pay special mention to the supporters in the last 10 minutes. I think they breathed life into the lads.

"They've had a tough time and we've got to try and restore a bit of belief and that's all we've done tonight.

"It's nice to win a game late on as the previous management lost 10 points from goals conceded in the last minute of games. If they hadn't done, I probably wouldn't be here.

"I've been given the privilege to manage this club and I've now got to do my best to turn this juggernaut around.

"Let's hope this can be the first of a few wins and we can get this season back up and running again."

4211417.jpg

• Like 3

He's only been here 5 minutes, we've got 4 points from 2 games and already some are giving him stick. I despair sometimes i really do. 

Â