Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

3 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

I just watched his interview after the game with AVTV. He oozes confidence and leadership and belief in himself. I'd imagine he speaks you listen and you believe in what he is telling you.

Tonight wasn't pretty but winning doesn't have to be. We had just over 30% possession but created the better chances and most importantly scored more goals than the opposition. The manager made changes, had a game plan and the players stuck to it and it worked. For those that think we were lucky so be it. If Bruce is a good manager or a lucky one I'll take either as it is an upgrade on what we have had for a very long time.

This is only a start and it is too early to get carried away but we needed a quick spark under Bruce and we have it. Now we have to build on it and I am, for the first time in a long time, confident we have a manager who can string a run of positive results together.

I've gone onto AVTV and cant find it :S

17 minutes ago, av1 said:

He's only been here 5 minutes, we've got 4 points from 2 games and already some are giving him stick. I despair sometimes i really do. 

Totally agree ... people seem to forget sports like playing poker, you don't show ANYONE your hand, we don't know what hand he has been dealt, fitness, form, stamina etc. Maybe this manager knows how to play his hand better than previous encumbrance ... or he has plain luck on his side, personaly I don't care, either or both is something we haven't had for a very long time 

Edited by DeHavilland

It is baby steps and thats all we are looking for.

Man U did 30% possession last night.....and that is deemed as tactical.

We got the right stats 2 goals and 3 points.

• Like 2

I'm suspecting given time, he will be one of those managers, they will want to play for....He has that subtle charisma.

I suspect he will be comfortable managing up too....that is also handy.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

I've always liked Steve Bruce. Even at blues I never disliked him. He has a way about him that kind of endears you to him. I think the players will be like that with him too. He is very humble and honest but with that sense you don't want to be on the wrong side of him He actually reminds me of MON in the way he carries himself. MON was a great man manager and I think Steve is too. You can tell he is a born winner.

• Like 2

We have dug that out.....in psychological terms its massive.We reasserted ourselves, something missing for months......it was a major breakthrough.

I am not getting carried away there is still much to be done......in repairing the mental and physical approach.

In a paradoxical way the fact we didn't play well has more significance on the win.

He set us up in a way to meet those psychological challenges, which was probably not conventional.....but was Man U conventional last night?

I have faith in this man, even if we still have a few reversals.

• Like 4

I am also pleased tonight for Dr Tone....He has shown his resolve and not baulked at the possibility of further investment in Jan.

Everyone needs encouragement and he is no exception.

but them fans....my god, I'm more than proud of them.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

The last away game we won all those years ago before I had 5 kids and no grey hairs we weren't great in either. I'll save the celebrations until we start playing well and winning away.

I can't bring myself to celebrate because that run was just sickening, and should never happen again in history. 

Happy for Bruce though and hope it works out for him/us.

I just can't join in the bukkake yet through, sorry. 

Edited by NottingVilla

Could be an important win.

Feels bloody great. The confidence should hurl us forward.

Loads of work to do though. Please no more Cissokho Steve.

I'd bring McCormack back in against his old side.

Â