Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

I didn't want Bruce, but now he is here, he has my complete support and I hope he can become a Villa legend.

In light of the Richards selection, we don't know if in the one or two training sessions Bruce had had, wether or not Richards played a blinder so thought he would put him in the team based on what he saw in training after just sessions. 

Two days is far to early to pass a fair judgement, from his pre and post conferences I think he has been good, the match itself was awful, but we grinded out a draw so not the worse start.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Sorry it still doesn't seem you are reading my posts properly. In any event you are certainly misunderstanding them, I certainly aren't ' drawing conclusions' ?

Mitigation ? Am I on trial now ?!

I think a careful reading of my posts shows I was surprised and disappointed in the selection of Richards, and the absence of any increased desire, fight, or hunger. It also shows I'm happy enough with Bruce in charge, think he will sort us out soon, and that I think if he can't we are doomed. And yes, I think he can be judged way before ten games.

What is the problem ?

And he was a candidate I was as happy with as any other candidate, so I'm not ' justifying' anything either.

I'm not really sure what you think I have said that is particularly critical of him so I'll leave it there.

PS sorry think I've quoted the wrong post, I'm referring to the other recent one, hence the inverter commas.

you said " I thought he was a hit the ground running candidate"   after 48 hrs in the job........I am pretty sure I know what that implies, but I will be guided by your claims of unintended malice.

Terry, mitigation is a term used in law....but not exclusive to it.

Back to our passion.

I have to accept your explanation and of course  I accept your opinion.....but my take is he had known the players for only 48 hrs....the previous manager had 1 win.

I'll have to wait until 72 hrs to validate criticism.......just joking:)

He had to take a stab at it, before he has a more informed opinion himself of what he wants to do.

39 minutes ago, peterms said:

I don't really get the point you're making.

Yes, football comment sites are full of hot air.  This is not news.

You seem to be rolling up all comments about Bruce and saying they are invalid because of the short time he's been here.  Yes, judgements about whether he's a success or a failure would plainly be unfair and inappropriate.  Comments on his team selection and his remarks after a match would seem perfectly reasonable things fo make mention of.

I've seen a few posters make comments on the lines that they didn't want him but won't rush to judgement.  You seem to have seen the opposite, but I feel you may be exaggerating.  Or maybe we're not reading the same threads.

I'm not angry with anybody, I'm not exaggerating my opinion and I've barely said more than a handful of words.

It is my opinion that to pass judgement on anything, absolutely anything he has said or done so far is a waste of time. The formation, the line-up, the motivation. Anything. He'd been in the job 48 hours. He'll have had one further training session by tomorrow night, it will be post Fulham before we can start to form even the vaguest (and I mean vague) of opinions of what a Steve Bruce team might look or play like. The derby will then tell us a little more.

Until then everything, even what I may or may not post myself, is hot air. You don't have to like that opinion, I'm not asking you to. I'm simply stating how I feel. 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, terrytini said:

I look forward to tomorrow night, if, as I suspect, Bruce gets a dramatically better performance out the players ( I think we will win comfortably).

As I understand it, it will be ' too soon' for some to be able to praise him, as I most certainly will.

Maybe he will have learned an awful lot from the weekend game plus an additional training session, so perhaps it will be fair to take that into account and offer some praise. I guess it depends on whether there is a dramatic swing, in which case both the manager and the players will deserve credit. 

If we win comfortably, I won't give much of a shit either way though to be fair! This not winning malarkey has gotten me rather crabby, I'm not sure if that's obvious? 

Steve Bruce has just been on the phone

He said you or DDID do not have to defend me.....I am  getting paid a **** load of money so who cares.

It works or it don't.:)

Ps Steve Bruce out.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I think you've construed an awful lot there from very little.

I'm not angry with anybody, I'm not exaggerating my opinion and I've barely said more than a handful of words.

It is my opinion that to pass judgement on anything, absolutely anything he has said or done so far is a waste of time. The formation, the line-up, the motivation. Anything. He'd been in the job 48 hours. He'll have had one further training session by tomorrow night, it will be post Fulham before we can start to form even the vaguest (and I mean vague) of opinions of what a Steve Bruce team might look or play like. The derby will then tell us a little more.

Until then everything, even what I may or may not post myself, is hot air. You don't have to like that opinion, I'm not asking you to. I'm simply stating how I feel. 

I didnt say or imply that you were angry.  Another response from you to another post touched on that,  but mine doesn't suggest you are angry at all - as I said, you may be rolling up together all posts you disagree with and treating them as one.

They're really not.

I'm not even disagreeing with your view that posts on forums like this are hot air, if you notice.

So in terms of construing much from little, I would respectfully suggest that's what you may be doing.

• Like 1

TRO , one more go on the " ground running"

I wasn't saying " he was supposed to hit the ground running," or " he has failed so far " or anythin g remotely similar.

I was ONLY referring to you saying you would give him 10/15 games before judging him.

That's all.

I thought / think 10-15 games is very generous and, as it happens, unnecessary as I think he will crack it long before then.

OK ?

So if anything I was criticising/ passing comment on your view, not him at all.

Hope that clears it up because I'm not typing anymore !☺

24 minutes ago, peterms said:

I didnt say or imply that you were angry.  Another response from you to another post touched on that,  but mine doesn't suggest you are angry at all - as I said, you may be rolling up together all posts you disagree with and treating them as one.

They're really not.

I'm not even disagreeing with your view that posts on forums like this are hot air, if you notice.

So in terms of construing much from little, I would respectfully suggest that's what you may be doing.

Fair enough. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, terrytini said:

TRO , one more go on the " ground running"

I wasn't saying " he was supposed to hit the ground running," or " he has failed so far " or anythin g remotely similar.

I was ONLY referring to you saying you would give him 10/15 games before judging him.

That's all.

I thought / think 10-15 games is very generous and, as it happens, unnecessary as I think he will crack it long before then.

OK ?

So if anything I was criticising/ passing comment on your view, not him at all.

Hope that clears it up because I'm not typing anymore !☺

I still love you...well in a manly sort of way:blink:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Good post DDID. 

I wasn't the biggest fan of his appointment but I can't find fault with anything he's done so far. Even if the selection of Richards is critical, who knows what he had seen in training that made him think the choice was right?

I'll wait until February time before I start to judge him because that midfield he's been left with would make the likes of Guardiola and Mourinho look clueless. 

• Like 2

Â