Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

I think the media owe us an apology. We wouldn't embrace Bruce the way we have if we cared so much about our manager formerly being at SHA.

EDIT - just saw this:

" The appointment of a former Birmingham City manager was unpopular a week ago — not so much now"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3849106/Reading-1-2-Aston-Villa-Jordan-Ayew-penalty-gives-Steve-Bruce-victory-Villains-boss.html

This is manufactured. Totally made-up. It's absolute fucknig BS.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Mantis said:

I think the media owe us an apology. We wouldn't embrace Bruce the way we have if we cared so much about our manager formerly being at SHA.

EDIT - just saw this:

" The appointment of a former Birmingham City manager was unpopular a week ago — not so much now"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3849106/Reading-1-2-Aston-Villa-Jordan-Ayew-penalty-gives-Steve-Bruce-victory-Villains-boss.html

Thats cheap:(

18 minutes ago, Mantis said:

EDIT - just saw this:

It's the Mail dude, what do you expect?

• Like 3

3 hours ago, TRO said:

Thats cheap:(

Nothing new here from the press!  They couldn't lie straight in bed and lie about everything, every little thing.  The main stream media are lairs and are only interested  in their own agenda!!! 

Now, I was totally unhappy about the appointment and I will be first to stand on the firing line and admit that.

But so far, 4 pts from 6 is a bloody good start, but let us not get carried away.

If we can keep the momentum up and build on this then hopefully we will keep going upwards.

Never thought I would say this, but well done lads & the manager. Superb result.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Now, I was totally unhappy about the appointment and I will be first to stand on the firing line and admit that.

But so far, 4 pts from 6 is a bloody good start, but let us not get carried away.

If we can keep the momentum up and build on this then hopefully we will keep going upwards.

Never thought I would say this, but well done lads & the manager. Superb result.

Bloody hell mate! #wankfest

:trollface:

:P

• Like 1

Just now, Michael118 said:

Let's not forget Roberto Di Matteo had the same points tally after his third game in charge.

I didn't see the game but to follow up after such a poor first game with a win is encouraging.

Agreed, but can't help but thibk this time it just feels different.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Richard said:

Seriously ? The team that finished bore no resemblance to the team he picked. Dodgy selections at full back, dodgy selections in the middle and no Ayew . Ayew comes on and guess what we look threatening. A last minute penalty does not disguise the fact we were poor for most of the match and his team selections were crap.

i am , however, delighted we have won we need more of those to keep us away from relegation

I admit I only listened to it on the radio but we sounded more organised and had the better chances from what I heard. I assume you must have seen the game?

as for his team selection. I don't care what it is as long as we get results. We could have played Ayew from the start and lost. How about we give the manager some credit for trying something different? 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, TRO said:

It is baby steps and thats all we are looking for.

Man U did 30% possession last night.....and that is deemed as tactical.

We got the right stats 2 goals and 3 points.

Happy for us to not have possession because we're pretty crap with it anyway. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Mantis said:

EDIT - just saw this:

Bruce is a former Birmingham City manager, who was unpopular with some when appointed. So, with that in mind, the article covers its own arse but yeah, I see what you're getting at. 

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Happy for us to not have possession because we're pretty crap with it anyway. 

Didn't do Leicester any harm last season so why should it bother anyone? I agree with you mate, let them have the ball, we're safer that way! 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Can the Bruce wankfest now begin?

:trollface:

No,  we have to have defended our Champions League title before you are allowed to agree he was a good appointment. 

Â