Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

14 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I need a few hours to build the reserves up again, but by 11am, I'll be rubbing one out in the work cubicle over big Steve.

Mate, I'm happy too but come on.....

however- if we get promoted...

22 minutes ago, villarocker said:

Didn't do Leicester any harm last season so why should it bother anyone? I agree with you mate, let them have the ball, we're safer that way! 

So true. A lot of games last season we had majority of possession and conceded goals when we lost it and got hit on the break. As much as we hated the boring days of Lambert at least he played to our strengths. I think Bruce will do the same. 

Bruce lives and breathes management, something that seemed to be lacking in RDM and Remi, who seemed nice guys but the going was too tough for them.  It seems we are in much safer hands now.  It just feels great to have 3 points, let's hope it continues.

1 minute ago, sharkyvilla said:

Bruce lives and breathes management, something that seemed to be lacking in RDM and Remi, who seemed nice guys but the going was too tough for them.  It seems we are in much safer hands now.  It just feels great to have 3 points, let's hope it continues.

Such is the benefit of experience.

First of all I am delighted by the win, it's been a while but really pleasing.

however I am amazed at how one penalty two minutes before the end of a match has basically changed everything for so many people.

before and during the match right up to the penalty the selection was criticised , individual player performances were criticised. But that one penalty and everything seems ok now. The selection wasn't a problem , Gardner and bacuna are suddenly better players ,what went before the penalty seems to have been forgotten . Being critical of the original team selection is frowned upon, being critical of the actual performance for 99.9% of the game is shunned .

such is the miraculous healing power of one penalty two minutes before the end of the match . I guess we were all that desperate for a win

• Like 1

Just now, Richard said:

however I am amazed at how one penalty two minutes before the end of a match has basically changed everything for so many people.

before and during the match right up to the penalty the selection was criticised , individual player performances were criticised. But that one penalty and everything seems ok now. The selection wasn't a problem , Gardner and bacuna are suddenly better players ,what went before the penalty seems to have been forgotten . Being critical of the original team selection is frowned upon, being critical of the actual performance for 99.9% of the game is shunned .

such is the miraculous healing power of one penalty two minutes before the end of the match . I guess we were all that desperate for a win

Winning can inspire confidence - I believe for some of us, myself included, we have to cling on to something Richard as we want to do better and all have a good time with the efforts we put in as fans. Sometimes you need a scruffy win in football, sometimes you do not and sometimes you have many seasons of absolute tripe. Glad you are delighted with the win and good to see you posting a positive comment. It is refreshing.  

18 minutes ago, Richard said:

Football is obviously a game where winning and losing is defined by massively tight margins. Go ahead and criticise the team selection if you want—just because people are choosing to focus on the positives doesn't mean they're not aware that there is an element of fortune or that if that ball whipped across the box at the end had been reached by a striker we'd have experienced another last-minute equaliser and we'd all be deflated. People aren't stupid. 

We also had some decent chances and he seemed to have set us up with an actual plan that matched the players we have available, many of which are massively limited. We had a threat though. 

There's more to be positive about than the last minute win.

Having the team set up to make the most of the players is a massive step in making those percentages work for us a little better. You make your own luck after all. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Richard said:

This (and I don't say it lightly, because it's not often I'd agree with Richard). 

The performance as a whole didn't seem all that great, and the team selection was bizarre at best. To me we seemed really lucky to nick the win. Granted I've only read the commentary, and seen the Sky highlights, and not actually seen the game. 

I'm not looking to be doom monger either, or posting to stir up a reaction. I'm still genuinely worried for our future. That may of course change in the coming weeks/months, and I sincerely hope it does. But it's gonna take a lot more than a lucky late winner. I have no doubt that SB will be able to change the fragile mentality and instill some much needed grit and determination to the team. That takes us only halfway. At the end of the day, we desperately need a style of play, one that plays to the strengths of the current crop, without forgetting future progression. 

Also, I've got absolutely nothing against Steve Bruce as a person, he has a humble, quiet way about him, which I really like. I've just never rated him all that much as a manager

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chrisvilla4 said:

Mate, I'm happy too but come on.....

however- if we get promoted...

It was a joke mate. I'm not actually going to masturbate at work over Steve Bruce... never thought I'd have to write that sentence.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, praisedmambo said:

We also had some decent chances and he seemed to have set us up with an actual plan that matched the players we have available, many of which are massively limited. We had a threat though. 

Did we really? I saw nothing in the Sky highlights to suggest we had any clear-cut chances that where a result of some 'sublime play'. 

We didnt play great but won away from home I have absolutely no complaints whatsoever

How amny times have we played well and then go on to lose or draw? Baby steps the rest will come in time.

What I like about Bruce is he was not scared to drop McCormack and Tishbola after some poor results midweek. You perform or your dropped 

5 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

It was a joke mate. I'm not actually going to masturbate at work over Steve Bruce... never thought I'd have to write that sentence.

Lmao, oh that actually made me laugh out loud and just had to explain the wankfest to my missus as she looked at me bemused.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I know mate. I was being bawdy A.E. enjoy it ;) 

Edited by chrisvilla4
Partridge quote
  • Like 1

Â