Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Page after page after page of hot air. 

He's been in the job a few days. At this point you're wasting your breath. 

So different opinions can't arise after a few days. 

I think I've completely misinterpreted what this website is for.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, terrytini said:

You appear to be suggesting that nobody should comment on the Manager for a certain time  ?

Far from it mate and how could I when I have been commenting on him in here myself.

I totally get that those who didn't want him in the first place will quickly have further reservations about when him we don't win and/or put in a poor performance. Personally I don't see what real impact anybody expected him to have in such a short space of time. He has inherited a squad with a fair amount of ability for me but a squad used to not winning with one win in twelve when arrived, used to the kick in the bollocks of conceding late goals and lacking in both fitness and confidence. Totally devoid of confidence in fact.

Given the extenuating circumstances of a number of players returning from international duty, many after really long flights, I think the team he picked was balanced and actually for the first time in a long time had round pegs in round holes. It quickly became apparent though that Wolves looked fitter than us. That isn't the fault of the current manager though who had less than 10 hours working with the players. On top of that we lost two defenders through injury and couldn't make an attacking change something that was desperately needed, again not the fault of the manager.

As much as I am happy to have Bruce as manager I won't be a Bruce apologist but for now I will defend him.  Di Matteo would have been far from the top of my list as manager but I allowed him 8 or 9 games in charge before seriously questioning what he was doing and that was on the back of a full pre season and spending around 60 mill on a new squad.

So no I don't think people shouldn't comment on the manager but I do think we should allow him more than a few hours with the players and one game before picking the bones out of what he is doing.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Richard said:

I feel a little bit sorry for Bruce.  Not being funny,  i never wanted him from the start but the club had two weeks to appoint him,  he was free and available and he wanted the club. Two weeks and you are not telling me they hadn't discussed what if scenarios while RDM was still here, they would have been mad not to.

Two weeks and they appointed him two days before a match.

Great point and I fully agree we could gave had him in way before. Although we had a lot of players away on internationals as well

It's really not picking the bones.

It's saying surprised and disappointed in the selection of Richards, and surprised and disappointed we produced such a lifeless, timid display.

Not really sure why some have such difficulty with that.

He's a grown man, he coesnt need babysitting, certainly not from observations as Mild as that ( they barely count even as criticisms unless people read more into it than is written)

Edited by terrytini
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, terrytini said:

You should re- read my posts then !

I DO think he was regarded as the " ground running" candidate, but if anything that is a compliment to him ! I'm pretty sure most who preferred him over, for example, a Roster, did so in part because we needed as close to instant impact as possible ( fwiw, as I said in my next post, I think he WILL get us going quickly).

My comment was directed at the suggestion has/ should have 10-15 games before being judged.

My Apologies for misinterpreting your intentions.

I think in terms of being judged, the has been judged before he has even taken the job, so my suggestion of 10/15 games was based on the fact that they are not his players, but Hey! it was just a figure to try to be fair.....I guess depending on how any individual fan see's the appointment will depend on how long he gets in their eyes.

I don't honestly know how long it should take, without knowing to what extent the problem is and I don't know that either.

I am not asking for a "free passage" for him....in the light of our demise and we have had a few guys have a poke at it.....I'm just asking for fairness.

The size of the task cannot be cut shorter by our desperation.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

51 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

If he does not produce the goods he will be gone before the January window and we will be looking at a longer plan - again.

I have got to the point where I am past worrying about it.

I am just hoping that he will turn it around, but if he doesn't..............................we go again.

(Big sigh)

Not a chance in hell. They'll give him more time

47 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Good grief there are some peculiarly sensitive people on here ! And rude !

Why is it hot air ?

It's a forum ffs !

What's wrong with airing some views ?

I've seen very little that is particularly critical, just observations of where we are.

I'm not sensitive, I'm absolutely fine. I think you misunderstood me.  

Both sides of the 'debate' are wasting their breath and this circular debate is boring me to tears. There is nothing to comment on, he has been in the job what, 4 days? 

That's my opinion. I have just as much right to air it as you do yours.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

So different opinions can't arise after a few days. 

I think I've completely misinterpreted what this website is for.

After a few days of what exactly? Picking Micah Richards at right back when the other options were Bacuna and Hutton? 

Hell of a debate to be had there, I'm glued to the edge of my seat. 

4 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

After a few days of what exactly? Picking Micah Richards at right back when the other options were Bacuna and Hutton? 

Well I haven't mentioned any of that personally but people are free to debate what they like within reason.

It's certainly better than us all saying 'let's wait and see until a few weeks time'. 

I hope you don't post your predictions or opinions in the pre match thread. Be madness to have a say on something that hasn't even started going by your logic here.

There's always the log out button doug.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, terrytini said:

I don't think you are reading what I am posting TRO !

Oh I am....and I know what "hit the ground running" means.

perhaps it needs a bit better explaining if you had thoughts of mitigation, because it suggests he should have had a bigger effect on the game.

FWIW I wasn't confusing how bad we were.....with who was at fault for it.

I never expected Steve Bruce to stop that.....but I was hoping so, there is a succinct difference.

4 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

Well I haven't mentioned any of that personally but people are free to debate what they like within reason.

It's certainly better than us all saying 'let's wait and see until a few weeks time'. 

I hope you don't post your predictions or opinions in the pre match thread. Be madness to have a say on something that hasn't even started going by your logic here.

There's always the log out button doug.

They are and as previously stated I am free to say it's a waste of their time going over and over the same points, of which there are very few to discuss at this present moment, in my opinion. 

I have been 'logged out', more or less. Thanks for the advice though bud. 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

I think the problem that exists here is we have had one game.

Fans that have not favoured the appointment have chosen to make references from the one game to partly justify their original opinion on the appointment.

No one is right here.

but come on guys, you may be the ones that are right....but after one game is a bit rich to be drawing any conclusions imo.

I actually think you are wrong, but even if we had won 4-0 .....no I would not have been so bold as to have used that.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I don't really get the point you're making.

Yes, football comment sites are full of hot air.  This is not news.

You seem to be rolling up all comments about Bruce and saying they are invalid because of the short time he's been here.  Yes, judgements about whether he's a success or a failure would plainly be unfair and inappropriate.  Comments on his team selection and his remarks after a match would seem perfectly reasonable things fo make mention of.

I've seen a few posters make comments on the lines that they didn't want him but won't rush to judgement.  You seem to have seen the opposite, but I feel you may be exaggerating.  Or maybe we're not reading the same threads.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, TRO said:

I think the problem that exists here is we have had one game.

Fans that have not favoured the appointment have chosen to make references from the one game to partly justify their original opinion on the appointment.

No one is right here.

but come on guys, you may be the ones that are right....but after one game is a bit rich to be drawing any conclusions imo.

I actually think you are wrong, but even if we had won 4-0 .....no I would not have been so bold as to have used that.

Sorry it still doesn't seem you are reading my posts properly. In any event you are certainly misunderstanding them, I certainly aren't ' drawing conclusions' ?

Mitigation ? Am I on trial now ?!

I think a careful reading of my posts shows I was surprised and disappointed in the selection of Richards, and the absence of any increased desire, fight, or hunger. It also shows I'm happy enough with Bruce in charge, think he will sort us out soon, and that I think if he can't we are doomed. And yes, I think he can be judged way before ten games.

What is the problem ?

And he was a candidate I was as happy with as any other candidate, so I'm not ' justifying' anything either.

I'm not really sure what you think I have said that is particularly critical of him so I'll leave it there.

PS sorry think I've quoted the wrong post, I'm referring to the other recent one, hence the inverter commas.

Edited by terrytini

17 minutes ago, peterms said:

I don't really get the point you're making.

Yes, football comment sites are full of hot air.  This is not news.

You seem to be rolling up all comments about Bruce and saying they are invalid because of the short time he's been here.  Yes, judgements about whether he's a success or a failure would plainly be unfair and inappropriate.  Comments on his team selection and his remarks after a match would seem perfectly reasonable things fo make mention of.

I've seen a few posters make comments on the lines that they didn't want him but won't rush to judgement.  You seem to have seen the opposite, but I feel you may be exaggerating.  Or maybe we're not reading the same threads.

I don't think he is exaggerating, I think he is defending the position, in light of fairness.

28 minutes ago, TRO said:

Oh I am....and I know what "hit the ground running" means.

perhaps it needs a bit better explaining if you had thoughts of mitigation, because it suggests he should have had a bigger effect on the game.

FWIW I wasn't confusing how bad we were.....with who was at fault for it.

I never expected Steve Bruce to stop that.....but I was hoping so, there is a succinct difference.

This one.

I look forward to tomorrow night, if, as I suspect, Bruce gets a dramatically better performance out the players ( I think we will win comfortably).

As I understand it, it will be ' too soon' for some to be able to praise him, as I most certainly will.

Â