Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

4 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Probably the same people who completely ignored what went on the pitch during last season and were preaching that he just needed a preseason to get us firing.

A perfectly reasonable observation.

Whether it's the same people or not, you are perfectly right to observe that there are similarities between then " yes it's rubbish but wait for a pre- season, " to pre- season "yes it's rubbish but wait until the season " to now  " yes it's rubbish but it's only 3 (4) games.

And I say that as someone who fell for the first and second of those.

I certainly won't fall for it again.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Wind your neck in, Ash.

Just because people didn't agree with you doesn't mean they were ignoring what was happening on the pitch. They saw things differently.

Turns out you were (probably) right. Well done. Have a pat on the back but don't be a prick about it.

I was one who said the football was awful but that he'd probably done enough to earn another window and a preseason. People didn't ignore what was happening on the pitch, I wasn't on my own, it was woeful and only kodija making the most of meagre chances got him the positive results Bruce got. The idea was that having a preseason with the group might have meant he coudl impose a better pattern of play, and stop them looking like a bunch of strangers randomly picked out the car park. Unfortunately they still do look like a bunch of strangers randomly picked out the car park and not a football team.

So, he should sod off.

1 minute ago, terrytini said:

I don't dare say how his comments make me want to react.

Me too - how many times did he bang on about the expectation and players having to Handle it - he is the one who can't handle it and his comments about people wanting him out after one bad week are utter bollocks - he's been shit for most of 10 months ! 

23 minutes ago, terrytini said:

I've just watched that Press Conference and feel almost sick with anger at that man.

What a nerve. What a # nerve.

I wish I could get his ear for 5 minutes.

Apparently talk of wanting him out is "ridiculous nonsense".

You don't respect the fans then Bruce. You can't/ don't construct ANYTHING remotely resembling a case as to WHY you think it's ridiculous, or what you are doing about things. You simply say it's ridiculous nonsense.

And your argument is it's 3 games.

No, it isn't, it's 4....we scraped past Colchester too. Oh. And it's the 35 or whatever before. And the countless players in and out leading us bnowjhere.

And it's that in those '3' games you refer to we managed one decent HALF - and it was decent, not match winning, not great, and not anything remotely resembling the product of nearly a years 'coaching'.

Cardiff was embarrassing. Reading was humiliating. For Gods sake we barely touched the ball at all for half an hour !!!!

And I've heard NOTHING about your plans to improve things. But I've heard excuse after excuse.

I wish he'd walked up to me second half at Reading and told me to my face that my ( and others) anger, frustration, and despair was 'ridiculous nonsense'.

I don't care if we win the next 6 ( which should be the goal to get us up to 2 points a game after 9 games) he won't so much as a clap from me.

Oh, and "we could've been sitting here with a Win, a Draw, and a defeat " - that would STILL be inadequate you patronising so and so.

Chill out man. It's only football - 13 people got ran over in Barcelona yesterday, Trump (sort of) stuck up for fascists in Charlottesville, and it's been proven that confectionary items are smaller than what they were, despite costing the consumer the same amount of money. 

If you get that angry about a bloke talking about football, don't turn the news on for gods sake :lol:  

As for the bit in bold - that's the spirit.. :rolleyes:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, lapal_fan said:

Chill out man. It's only football - 13 people got ran over in Barcelona yesterday, Trump (sort of) stuck up for fascists in Charlottesville, and it's been proven that confectionary items are smaller than what they were, despite costing the consumer the same amount of money. 

If you get that angry about a bloke talking about football, don't turn the news on for gods sake :lol:  

To be honest I can see why Terri is angry and rightly so 

• Like 2

This is a villa forum on the subject of villa - quite what it's got to do with trump or Barcelona is nothing to do with this thread .

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Eastie said:

This is a villa forum on the subject of villa - quite what it's got to do with trump or Barcelona is nothing to do with this thread .

Then you don't understand the point I was making.

3 minutes ago, Eastie said:

The only thing going down his throat is the daily kebab !

When he's sacked i won't remember him.

Just another manager to add to the list of failures that have blighted the club over the years.

He won't get another big job after this.

not really dem. 

Why ? I think any Villa fan is justified at being angry while we lie 23rd (beneath bloody Millwall!!!)  with the worst goal difference,  and playing some real shocking football, with no passion or urgency/drive to score a goal. You might argue thats it only 3 games but it really isnt. We have won one league game in nine and that is atrocious with the players we have at our disposal. Terri is frustrated and rightly so. I am sure if Bruce was winning games we would be praising him so works both barrels 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

To be honest I don't care what he says about the fans if he starts getting results. Unfortunately I cant see that happening anytime soon.  I think anything less than 4 points and good performances from next two games and he must be finished.

It's going to take something spectacular to get the fans back on side.

Were talking like 10 - 15 wins in a row.

If he manages it fair play i'll buy him a doner myself.

Â