Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

Thanks for the advice. 

Likewise doesn't perspective work both ways? So no point enjoying goals or victories. No point enjoying moments at the ground. No point sharing positive comments on here because compared to real world issues football means nothing. 

We might as well or turn off or sit there with our hands in our laps with no emotions at all. Fun. 

It wasn't advice, it was a response to something you said.  And you picked up on someone being condescending in another thread? IRONY.

No, as I said, support your team (that means enjoy it by chanting, celebrating goals, clapping good moves etc), so your post is pretty much pointless.  (insert witty comment about the rest of them being the same here) LOL. 

Ahh, we're having fun.

I'm very disappointed that Bruce is still the manager.

If Bruce gets the chop then Dr.X should seriously consider Wyness' position too. Though, Wyness comes across as quite like-able, it's been an epic failure so far (assuming Bruce goes too). 

• Like 1

Just now, lapal_fan said:

It wasn't advice, it was a response to something you said.  And you picked up on someone being condescending in another thread? IRONY.

No, as I said, support your team (that means enjoy it by chanting, celebrating goals, clapping good moves etc), so your post is pretty much pointless.  (insert witty comment about the rest of them being the same here) LOL. 

Ahh, we're having fun.

So as long as I act and feel the way you want me to that's good. Like I said, better fan rubbish. 

It's only natural that if enjoy the good moments I'm going to have a negative reaction to the bad moments. If you don't, that's fine but plenty of fans do and for me that makes it worth being a football fan. I'd hate to have always have a 'meh' feeling to the game. 

The shit lows make the rare highs feel great.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

So as long as I act and feel the way you want me to that's good. Like I said, better fan rubbish. 

It's only natural that if enjoy the good moments I'm going to have a negative reaction to the bad moments. If you don't, that's fine but plenty of fans do and for me that makes it worth being a football fan. I'd hate to have always have a 'meh' feeling to the game. 

The shit lows make the rare highs feel great.

You can keep saying that alls you'd like.  I've already explained that I'm no great fan in a post a few days ago, on top of saying it today. 

But if that's all's you have, then great? 

Edited by lapal_fan

22 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Having a go at sections of the fans is generally the start of the end. All that does is serve to make the reaction even worse when things go badly. Perhaps he's getting his excuses in already. Dead man walking. Xia is a bit of an idiot for persisting with him to be honest. 

There's always an issue with wealthy owners stepping in from unrelated industries having absolute no clue what they're doing, and compound this by hiring buffoons who parade as 'football' people. Sadly Xia has made virtually every mistake in the book, and it will cost us top flight football for quite a long time. With financial pressures kicking in, if we do not go up this season, there's every chance we will be cut adrift at this level for several years to come. 

This is a really good post.  I agree completely.  i just have a hard time "liking" it.  Because I like nothing about it.  I just think it's spot on.

6 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Might be the "TINI(Tiny)" in Terry. lol

I'd automatically assume anyone called Terry is probably near death anyway :lol: 

(not really). 

Edited by lapal_fan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Not sure I agree with this at all to be honest mate. You can get angry watching a game of football without resulting to the rocket polishers you described above. I get angry but I dont react in that way. I watched the Cardiff game online and it was absolutely shocking. I think its natural to get angry when you see the players putting in absolute shit esp if you went to the game as well.

Like I said above its not 3 games is it. look at the back end of last season, there has absolutely zero improvement. in fact we have got worse!

I concede to your first point Dem - nicely made :thumb: 

Second bit I can see where you're coming from, but I'd say that for the last few games last season, when we knew we couldn't do it - the players mentally go to Marbz anyway.  So although you're absolutely correct with the numbers, I just feel that they don't tell us the FULL story. :) 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

You can keep saying that all's you'd like.  I've already explained that I'm no great fan in a post a few days ago, on top of saying it today. 

But if that's all's you have, then great? 

So if by your own admission you're no great fan, why do you find it so difficult to understand others feel differently and others care more than you do about it? What's the problem if they do?

You don't really care, I have no problem with that, care as much as you want. 

I don't understand why then you care so much about how others feel. 

Edited by DCJonah

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Now Bruce is making us all turn on each other. When will the madness end!!

You better shove that "Nonsense" down your throat! We've only had three games! I'll remember all the VT'ers who turned on me!

:rant:

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

So if by your own admission you're no great fan, why do you find it so difficult to understand others feel differently and others care more than you do about it? What's the problem if they do?

You don't really care, I have no problem with that, care as much as you want. 

I don't understand why then you care so much about how others feel. 

My only issue is the ferver of it, it makes you (figuratively) look bitter and a bit simple.

"HAVE YOU SEEN WHAT STEVEN BRUCEKINS SAID ABOUT MY VILLA?!?!" 

sounds sillier than;

"Steve Bruces presser was a bit of a shit wasn't it?" 

But the internet is all about extremes now-a-days innit? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lapal_fan said:

My only issue is the ferver of it, it makes you (figuratively) look bitter and a bit simple.

"HAVE YOU SEEN WHAT STEVEN BRUCEKINS SAID ABOUT MY VILLA?!?!" 

sounds sillier than;

"Steve Bruces presser was a bit of a shit wasn't it?" 

But the internet is all about extremes now-a-days innit? 

I don't think anyone has put it like you suggest.

If it makes people, as you say look bitter and simple, why do you care? 

You don't like people being angry and annoyed at Bruce but you can be annoyed at them for doing it? Makes no sense. 

If that's how you want to be, fair enough. I'll leave this particular discussion there. 

• Like 1

Just now, DCJonah said:

I don't think anyone has put it like you suggest.

If it makes people, as you say look bitter and simple, why do you care? 

You don't like people being angry and annoyed at Bruce but you can be annoyed at them for doing it? Makes no sense. 

If that's how you want to be, fair enough. I'll leave this particular discussion there. 

I suggest you look back my my posts from today, I think your argument is muddled up.

I'm not angry at people being annoyed at Bruce :lol:  - I'm saying that rather than being angry at him, they should channel their emotions a bit differently, because it is a bit silly getting angry about something Steve Bruce has said, isn't it? 

I've watched his press conference, and the things people are getting upset about are direct responses to questions that are being asked to him.  He hasn't picked up the mic and started talking about moaning fans, he's replying to things like "are you starting to hear upset from the fans" - there's no real reply to that without saying what he said.  

6 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

I suggest you look back my my posts from today, I think your argument is muddled up.

I'm not angry at people being annoyed at Bruce :lol:  - I'm saying that rather than being angry at him, they should channel their emotions a bit differently, because it is a bit silly getting angry about something Steve Bruce has said, isn't it? 

I've watched his press conference, and the things people are getting upset about are direct responses to questions that are being asked to him.  He hasn't picked up the mic and started talking about moaning fans, he's replying to things like "are you starting to hear upset from the fans" - there's no real reply to that without saying what he said.  

I saw a man at Cardiff whole body, every limb shaking with sheer anger, it was really disturbing. Like I totally get fed up at games, and at football in general, but to get really annoyed about stuff that just doesn't make your life better or worse in any way kinda hints at yer general current mental state. Mine currently is bored, hence why I'm spending an unhealthy amount of time on VT today while the kids fend for themselves.  

• Like 3

Â