Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

14 minutes ago, terrytini said:

A perfectly reasonable observation.

Whether it's the same people or not, you are perfectly right to observe that there are similarities between then " yes it's rubbish but wait for a pre- season, " to pre- season "yes it's rubbish but wait until the season " to now  " yes it's rubbish but it's only 3 (4) games.

And I say that as someone who fell for the first and second of those.

I certainly won't fall for it again.

I'm in the first and second camp. I haven't seen anybody in the third camp. 

9 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Chill out man. It's only football - 13 people got ran over in Barcelona yesterday, Trump (sort of) stuck up for fascists in Charlottesville, and it's been proven that confectionary items are smaller than what they were, despite costing the consumer the same amount of money. 

If you get that angry about a bloke talking about football, don't turn the news on for gods sake :lol:  

As for the bit in bold - that's the spirit.. :rolleyes:

I'm not interested in combining the real world with football. Loads of people died of malnutrition, thirst, and poverty too, and do every day.

An incident in Spain yesterday is as relevant to talking about Bruce as all those daily catastrophes.

Within this world I will remain as angry as I like. Thanks anyway.

And I don't need lecturing about my Spirit either - I won't support him. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Why ? I think any Villa fan is justified at being angry while we lie 23rd (beneath bloody Millwall!!!)  with the worst goal difference,  and playing some real shocking football, with no passion or urgency/drive to score a goal. You might argue thats it only 3 games but it really isnt. We have won one league game in nine and that is atrocious with the players we have at our disposal. Terri is frustrated and rightly so. I am sure if Bruce was winning games we would be praising him so works both barrels 

You shouldn't get angry about football.  Not unless you want to be one of those embarrassing fans you see on TV who, if scored against, stands up and gestures rocket polisher signs at the players who are blissfully unaware you exist.  They're my favourite fans to laugh at for being tits.

It is only 3 games this season.  There's a reason we had 0 points at the start of those 3 games, the same as everyone else.  The squad will still believe they'll be challenging come April/May, I'm sure. 

1 minute ago, AshVilla said:

It's going to take something spectacular to get the fans back on side.

Were talking like 10 - 15 wins in a row.

If he manages it fair play i'll buy him a doner myself.

True but I hope if (and it's a massive IF) we do go on a run of about 2-3 wins in a row and see big improvement the fans concentrate on supporting team and leave Bruce to it. I don't like him but negativity towards him does rub off on to the players. Then again out last 2 games were away so that can't be an excuse either. 

F IT, BRUCE OUT!!

Having a go at sections of the fans is generally the start of the end. All that does is serve to make the reaction even worse when things go badly. Perhaps he's getting his excuses in already. Dead man walking. Xia is a bit of an idiot for persisting with him to be honest. 

There's always an issue with wealthy owners stepping in from unrelated industries having absolute no clue what they're doing, and compound this by hiring buffoons who parade as 'football' people. Sadly Xia has made virtually every mistake in the book, and it will cost us top flight football for quite a long time. With financial pressures kicking in, if we do not go up this season, there's every chance we will be cut adrift at this level for several years to come. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, terrytini said:

I'm not interested in combining the real world with football. Loads of people died of malnutrition, thirst, and poverty too, and do every day.

An incident in Spain yesterday is as relevant to talking about Bruce as all those daily catastrophes.

Within this world I will remain as angry as I like. Thanks anyway.

And I don't need lecturing about my Spirit either - I won't support him. 

You do know football exists in the real world?  It's not exempt from it.

I find it strange that you'd not support someone, even if (and I don't think he will), he turns it around and does a good job.  

3 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

You shouldn't get angry about football.  Not unless you want to be one of those embarrassing fans you see on TV who, if scored against, stands up and gestures rocket polisher signs at the players who are blissfully unaware you exist.  They're my favourite fans to laugh at for being tits.

It is only 3 games this season.  There's a reason we had 0 points at the start of those 3 games, the same as everyone else.  The squad will still believe they'll be challenging come April/May, I'm sure. 

"Shouldn't ?" :rolleyes:

Shoukd you get happy about it ? Shoukd you sing ? Let us know please ?

You don't half talk some Bruce.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Ah the old better fan again. Who are you to tell anyone how they should or should not emotionally feel about football? 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, lapal_fan said:

You do know football exists in the real world?  It's not exempt from it.

I find it strange that you'd not support someone, even if (and I don't think he will), he turns it around and does a good job.  

Oh.... my God does it ? 

Gosh I feel stupid now needing a teenager to point that out. 

I wish you were available more often to put me straight sonny.

• Like 1

Just now, terrytini said:

"Shouldn't ?" :rolleyes:

Shoukd you get happy about it ? Shoukd you sing ? Let us know please ?

You don't half talk some Bruce.

No, you shouldn't get angry at football.  You should persist with supporting the team is my belief. 

The last line was tragically unfunny and you've made me angry. 

Just now, DCJonah said:

Ah the old better fan again. Who are you to tell anyone how they should or should not emotionally feel about football? 

Nope.  Feel how you want about it.  But maybe bringing perspective into your life would make football more palatable for you, rather than endlessly moaning on a forum which ultimately does nothing

I'm more angry than Terri.

It's been brewing up since Cardiff last year.

Whatever happens v Norwich will happen - Win, Draw or lose - the point is no matter what happens at games, meetings, BMH and public interviews, I want whoever it is who makes the decisions to make the decision of sacking Bruce asap so that the club can calm down and balance itself out again with a caretaker then permanent manager appointments.

Just now, Grasshopper said:

I'm more angry than Terri.

It's been brewing up since Cardiff last year.

Whatever happens v Norwich will happen - Win, Draw or lose - the point is no matter what happens at games, meetings, BMH and public interviews, I want whoever it is who makes the decisions to make the decision of sacking Bruce asap so that the club can calm down and balance itself out again with a caretaker then permanent manager appointments.

No !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO !!! NO I SAY. I'm REALLY angry.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Nope.  Feel how you want about it.  But maybe bringing perspective into your life would make football more palatable for you, rather than endlessly moaning on a forum which ultimately does nothing

Thanks for the advice. 

Likewise doesn't perspective work both ways? So no point enjoying goals or victories. No point enjoying moments at the ground. No point sharing positive comments on here because compared to real world issues football means nothing. 

We might as well or turn off or sit there with our hands in our laps with no emotions at all. Fun. 

• Like 1

Â