Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

1 minute ago, AntrimBlack said:

I feel sorry for Xia. Who does he turn to for advice. I have no faith in Wyness - never had.

I reckon Dr Tony has known full well the inadequacies of Bruce and has been making moves to put into place some sort of plan should we not perform well. I also think the signing of Terry was not a playing decision alone. I've said it in a number of threads and it wouldn't surprise me to see Terry as caretaker manager before too long. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AshVilla said:

He said it's the biggest drubbing he's had in the championship.

Did he miss the Brentford game last season?

What pisses me off is he was harping on in the pre-match press conference about what he expects from a Neil Warnock side.

Physical, Hard to beat, e.t.c.

We then proceed to play to their strengths for 90 minutes hitting the ball into the channels which is meat and drink to them and capitulate like a bunch of cowards.

The bloke just pisses me off he hasn't got a clue and needs to go.

He does that all the time. He says the right thing but never bloody changes. I lost count the amount of times last season he listed all the faults with the team and performance, I nodded, and got hopeful and then watched the same performance and set up every pissing week. He just reverts to type. Is it coaching?

I can't understand it!!! 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, trekka said:

I reckon Dr Tony has known full well the inadequacies of Bruce and has been making moves to put into place some sort of plan should we not perform well. I also think the signing of Terry was not a playing decision alone. I've said it in a number of threads and it wouldn't surprise me to see Terry as caretaker manager before too long. 

I fear you may be correct and although I'm delighted he's here I don't really think we can gamble on JT as a manager at this point - wouldn't surprise me if xia chooses him though .

• Like 2

Just read that if we lose on Tuesday then he's lost the same amount of games as he's won as villa manager. 

Not really a sign that good things will come.

Like previous managers, this game feels like the no way back game. Even if we win a couple there will still come another bad spell and I think the fans will have turned too much. 

I just don't see any realistic way he turns this around 

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

And Mendez Laing. Both were peanuts while we sign 30 year olds like McCormack 

Our scouting is non existent, we just make the obvious signings. Highest goal scorer, most assists etc... ala Mck, kodj, hogan and Hourihane.

zero imagination

• Like 2

I cannot see him getting anything meaningful out the next three games so what is the point in carrying on in hope it will improve.

I suspect the board have been planning for the inevitable hence the lack of funds made available, lets hope that the new manager has a clue how to get us winning

• Like 4

Feel sorry for the doctor. Led up the garden path.

It's going to be harder to pull managers in if they are employed as well now.

Leaving a month into the new season, even for a suppose step up, never looks good to fans. It'll likely sour any current relationship they have.

Convinced Bruce has f**ked it by not having proper coaches in place. Stephen Clemence? From Hull U21, to Aston Villa first team? Incredible.

• Like 1

On 10/08/2017 at 17:23, villan_007 said:

bahaha so you want to play a right back as a center back in a 3 and you think Bruce's decision is mind boggling. Thor can play anywhere down the left/right he is a utility player.

He was also a last minute replacement for Amavi who dropped out to finalize his move. Thor took one for the team. Fair enough he had a shocker, but there is nothing mind boggling about it, especially given your alternative.

Yes like Chelsea do with Azpilecueta 

1 hour ago, Khizzy said:

Guy who scored two goals for them is apparently a Bluenose... he must have been up for it from the word go, whereas our players are happy to plod along.

I have been seeing in that with so many of our players over a long period.....don't know when its going to stop and we see 11 "at it" for 90+ minutes.

37 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Just read that if we lose on Tuesday then he's lost the same amount of games as he's won as villa manager. 

Not really a sign that good things will come.

Like previous managers, this game feels like the no way back game. Even if we win a couple there will still come another bad spell and I think the fans will have turned too much. 

I just don't see any realistic way he turns this around 

I know its early in the season ,but spookily i think that was the " no way back game" today.

• Like 2

Â