Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

Well I've defended him and hoped for the magical pre-season cure but it's not happened.

If he's still here in September then we've had a very good run or Tony is still negotiating with the next guy behind closed doors.

As for Wyness and Round, they are guys who know football and know what they are doing, Bruce made sense and was the right appointment on paper, it just isn't working though for whatever reason. I'm not giving up hope yet, but by game 10 of this season I expect 5-10 more points on the board than last season under Di Matteo and if that hasn't happened then the season is over before it's even begun frankly and we're in massive trouble financially too if we don't get out this league. 

Look how well Burnley did at Chelsea today. A real game plan and very well drilled. You need that, and then the quality can flourish. We can't just keep putting different variations of 11 out and hope that will work any longer.

1 minute ago, KJT123 said:

Look at the average positions. We have basically three midfielders playing in the same position. O'Hare needs to play and fill the gap between middle of the park and Hogan. 

exactly. Also look how few passes Hutton made to anyone. He cripples us.

• Like 1

Ive had time to calm down from earlier moaning however i can say my stance has bot changed id rather fail trying than wimper on for bruce to turn this round he needs a run of games under his leadership we are not going to go on runs of 5+ wins regularly to go up bruce is a win lose draw draw lose lose win sort of guy if we go unbeaten there will be many draws in there. Bruce cannot set up a team positively and he cant push us on imagine lets say he performs a miracle and gets us up does everyone trust him to build a premiership side because i for sure dont he will wastevmillions of pounds and not cut it full stop. So for me he deserves no more money and 3 games maximum he really has to win 2 of them oronce that break comes around hes gone.

2 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

What was the crowd like today? Once you lose the away support there is no come back, so interested to hear what they were like 

My mate went and said it's the first game in years he's left early for. 

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Unfortunately I don't think he will be gone until after Norwich at the earliest.

if he wants to win me back he needs to make a big statement midweek

Yes. I have turned and only an outstanding performance with a convincing win midweek will give him a stay of execution in my eyes. 

1 hour ago, Mammoth10 said:

I generally agree with most of what you say Tro, so rarely comment because you've already said it. As far as we stand today, he's gotta go, we are purely regressing, I've made this call mainly on today, never should we be losing a second tier game 3-0 (someone referred to Brentford) but this was different, 5/6-0 would not have flattered Cardiff, when things start to drift like this it's game over, we or the Dr needs to do the business because our squad can be turned around after only 2 games, unfortunately Bruce isn't going to see this through, we've no style, no plan, no pattern (even if it's genuine hoofing) we need an identity and a character to stand up to, and get rid of the shite like Gabby, Hutton etc...then we can start to move forward, in my view!

I said in the pre match thread that this game would be a good indicator of where we are...... We could and probably should have lost 8 or 9 Nil but for a string of saves by Johnstone. 

It does seem crazy after 2 league games but the performances have been so so poor today and disappointing last week and after most of last season it's really not so crazy. 

• Like 1

Give him the next 2 games and don't let him sign anyone in that time, if we fail to get at least 3 points from those 2 games then get rid and hopefully get a new guy in with a bit of time left in the transfer window. That would be giving him a fair chance imo but if it was up to me he'd be gone already, brutal manager stuck in his ways.

Edited by Bunnski

Reading what @TrentVilla says about Wagner my heart sinks. I have been on the fence about Wyness, my gut instinct has always been that he's probably stuck in the past and matey with the Bruce, Moyes, Big Sam, Brit manager school of thinking. But he has interviewed quite well and made all the right noises as to our plans and future progression. Back up the leagues. Unfortunately I now think my gut instinct was right, says a lot but questionable and perhaps a bit out of touch/date with what makes a successful club? to think we might have passed up the opportunity of a real progressive manger such as Wagner for the shit with Bruce we've endured the last 6 months really concerns me. 

Edited by honest_bertie
  • Like 2

Bruce has to go but I'm not so sure Wagner would've done much better. He's done a great job with Huddersfield but then again, Lambert did a great job with Norwich and came here and di shit for the most part. Granted we have a different owner now but things do have a habit of turning to shit here.

Â