Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

They have taken 11 points in their last 18 games.

I'd be a bit worried if I was a Bruce going into a 2 week international break and with Rafa sitting unemployed.

2 hours ago, sne said:

They have taken 11 points in their last 18 games.

I'd be a bit worried if I was a Bruce going into a 2 week international break and with Rafa sitting unemployed.

He won't go back there if he has any sense.

Huge mistake by Mike Ashley not backing that manager to the hills.

He was their best hope of that club being anything again since the days of Keegan and later Bobby Robson.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

2 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

He won't go back there if he has any sense.

Huge mistake by Mike Ashley not backing that manager to the hills.

He was their best hope of that club being anything again since the days of Keegan and later Bobby Robson.

I don't think he will either but I bet Ashley is checking in with him just in case :D 

3 hours ago, villa89 said:

From one mind numbingly boring style of play to another. 

From one manager who got old and found his approach out dated to another... 

Even what he did with Real Madrid 5 years ago now holds little relevance in the PL with pep and klopp let alone what he did with valencia 20 years ago 

I wouldn't say Rafa and Jose are the same thing.

Jose's biggest problem has always been how he handles players. Eventually they stop playing for him after being thrown under the bus after every mistake. You don't get any of that with Rafa.

A club like Newcastle was a really good fit for him, with more funds and a less cancerous owner he could still be there making them better year on year.

Jose would have decided the players aren't good enough and alienated the entire squad 

On 21/03/2021 at 14:08, Tommo_b said:

Genuine question, whose been more successful in their management careers?

Like trophies and win ratios.

Bruce. He's been up for the fight and dusted himself down more times than those mugs have had hot dinners. Tactical knowledge and minute details are for shit. It's all about going again and getting the rub of the green in this business.

Trophies. You can stick em.

On 5live they did half hour on bruce and Newcastle tonight with a Newcastle supporter, Chris sutton and micah Richards 

The Newcastle fan was the only one talking sense, Richard's defended bruce saying the training under him was Brilliant at villa and it's the players fault combined with injuries

Micah Richards seems a nice fella, brings some life to broadcasts over bitter Representatives for Wellingborough like Hinchcliffe and Souness. But he is a right silly billy.

Â