Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

4 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Did people see this insightful comment the other week? 

New way of understanding the game

If I’ve followed this correctly (and it is quite advanced so I may have got something wrong), it sounds like the points that a club gains from a given match, they’re actually added together and presumably tabulated in some way? And this “accumulation of points” determines how successful a team has performed across a season. 

Has anyone else noticed this trend? Do clubs find themselves in a better position if they’ve accumulated more points than their rivals?

And here I thought old Brucey thought ‘tactics’ was ‘overrated’. This is bordering revolutionary stuff, and he’s always said it. The man was a football hipster well before false nines (or was that tens?) and inverted wing backs and gegenpressing was all the rage. He’ll grow a beard and get a skin fade hair cut next. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Zatman said:

Brucey is now going to try find the media leak from the club. 

Anything to get out of actual coaching

it must be easy. they know when the leak was printed. Surely just check CCTV the day before to see who had their sleeves rolled up.

• Haha 4

Interesting comments from Rowan Vine ex blues on Bruce.

He said Bruce signed him and the first time he met him was the press conference and when Bruce told the media his strengths he immediately knew this was a terrible transfer for him, in what Villa fans know so well Vine was one of the top scorers in Championship when he signed for blues and got 1 in 17 under Bruce. He also said he let Bentdner run wild in the dressing room

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Interesting comments from Rowan Vine ex blues on Bruce.

He said Bruce signed him and the first time he met him was the press conference and when Bruce told the media his strengths he immediately knew this was a terrible transfer for him, in what Villa fans know so well Vine was one of the top scorers in Championship when he signed for blues and got 1 in 17 under Bruce. He also said he let Bentdner run wild in the dressing room

Also that Bruce's management was chuck 4 strikers on and we will win 7-2 or something. He nailed it and nothing has changed.

Also Bendtner was going out with Bruce's daughter. How many daughters does he have or is the same one banging every football in the B post code.

4 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Also that Bruce's management was chuck 4 strikers on and we will win 7-2 or something. He nailed it and nothing has changed.

Also Bendtner was going out with Bruce's daughter. How many daughters does he have or is the same one banging every football in the B post code.

Thought I read she married Darren Bent couple years back? I believe Bruce still lives around Leamington Spa, Can see him being back at Small Heath next season. 

You couldn’t make a parody better than this bloke.

The defining moment of his tenure for me has to be spending his press conference bigging up Forestieri and how we’d focused on preparing for him - He was unavailable for the game.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, penguin said:

You couldn’t make a parody better than this bloke.

The defining moment of his tenure for me has to be spending his press conference bigging up Forestieri and how we’d focused on preparing for him - He was unavailable for the game.

He’s spent this week preparing to face Grealish, Cash and Wesley.

Actually he’s probably prepared **** all.

Smith had been very respectful towards Bruce in his pre game interview. 

Now waiting the reverse interview from Bruce taking credit for Villas last 3 seasons and that he got no funds 😂

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Zatman said:

Smith had been very respectful towards Bruce in his pre game interview. 

Now waiting the reverse interview from Bruce taking credit for Villas last 3 seasons and that he got no funds 😂

Like clockwork he is. Total arsehole.

Story out from Sheffield Wednesday accounts that Newcastle paid £6.5m for the privilege of taking him off their hands.

19 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Like clockwork he is. Total arsehole.

Story out from Sheffield Wednesday accounts that Newcastle paid £6.5m for the privilege of taking him off their hands.

I can imagine Sheffield Wednesday were like:

Laugh Reaction GIF by GIPHY News

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

Told Rowan Vine he bought him because "you've scored 3 goals against me", (Hogan) couldn't explain what subs he made the day after a game (every week his subs were nonsense), was touting Vine around other managers without even having a face to face with him (Elphick)
while his Mrs and new born baby had just moved down.

Everything we have perceived to be true the past few years has been absolute spot on. I thought some might have been hyperbole. It's not , the man is a clown and an absolute shithouse.

Nice guy Bruce.

the sub story vs West Ham is classic Brucey ambition :D  

good to see other ex players call him out for being shit and a liar

Edited by Zatman

Â