Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

Yeah I'm the same, from memory when Wilson popped up as a link we were late in the negotiations with Watkins and it never felt like one or the other rather let's get both

When you look at how we have adapted tactically to Watkins it would be hard to believe that we were Watkins or Wilson, different players 

Maybe Wilson knew that too, for all the guff about watching goal and newcastle being a big club I still think being a cov boy was his main thing added to being guaranteed main man at Newcastle 

36 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Not sure I’ve seen people question it, some like myself wish we had got both though.

There definitely were. Either on VT or on twitter I saw a fair few shouts that we’ve gone for the inexperienced gamble, and that we should have gone for ‘proven’ Wilson over him.

I think most would agree that both would have been good, dependent on the contract we gave Wilson. But I don’t think that was ever happening.

10 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Maybe Wilson knew that too, for all the guff about watching goal and newcastle being a big club I still think being a cov boy was his main thing added to being guaranteed main man at Newcastle 

They also offered him a long, fat contract and as a 28 year old with an extensive injury record he would've been mad not to take it.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

He's revealed that he's had death threats 

Can never understand football fans. It's just a game.

Like the Marseille fans storming the ground. Keep the same energy for your governments (actually they're French so maybe I'm being harsh there), not for some guys who kick a ball around for your amusement.

• Like 3

Its not nice for Bruce but this is a man that regularly manages rival teams. Its not right but he is sort of looking for trouble with this approach 

Football fans are known for being idiots 

Edited by Zatman

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

Can never understand football fans. It's just a game.

Like the Marseille fans storming the ground. Keep the same energy for your governments (actually they're French so maybe I'm being harsh there), not for some guys who kick a ball around for your amusement.

I think before football a lot of males still had tribal pride whether it was war or such. Not so many wars these days so got to release the anger some other way

18 hours ago, Zatman said:

Its not nice for Bruce but this is a man that regularly manages rival teams. Its not right but he is sort of looking for trouble with this approach 

Football fans are known for being idiots 

Call me a cynical old fool but I honestly think this is a load of bollocks. He had admitted he does not have any social media accounts and the 'threats' were sent to his son Alex. Alex has just been interviewed on Talk Shite and was asked if it is the same people all the time and Alex said he had no idea as he really does not 'do' social media himself or read the posts but then went on about he has had abuse previously and now his Dad has . It looks like a classic Bruce deflection tactic conjured up on the back trending of such abuse being racist or whatever on social media. All looks very contrived as he knows the darlings of the media will jump to his defence as a all round good egg, master tactician as they always do when Brucey is on one of his poor me rants. 

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Call me a cynical old fool but I honestly think this is a load of bollocks. He had admitted he does not have any social media accounts and the 'threats' were sent to his son Alex. Alex has just been interviewed on Talk Shite and was asked if it is the same people all the time and Alex said he had no idea as he really does not 'do' social media himself or read the posts but then went on about he has had abuse previously and now his Dad has . It looks like a classic Bruce deflection tactic conjured up on the back trending of such abuse being racist or whatever on social media. All looks very contrived as he knows the darlings of the media will jump to his defence as a all round good egg, master tactician as they always do when Brucey is on one of his poor me rants. 

Correct.

He's on the PR trail again, looking for sympathy. He said he sits there with his wife reading the comments and laughing at them? But...no this is serious, and disgusting and you should all feel sorry for Steve.

Trouble ahead for Brucie with Wilson out.

• Like 2

Didn't he say that he'd gotten a lot of letters with support from people? As in snail mail.  But he's getting the hate from social media (via his son who also doesn't do social media). 

• Like 1

I will give him the benefit of doubt for once he isnt a popular manager and its likely he has got death threats. I listended to his interview yesterday and it was clear he didnt really know what he was talking about on the subject

36 minutes ago, sne said:

Didn't he say that he'd gotten a lot of letters with support from people? As in snail mail.  But he's getting the hate from social media (via his son who also doesn't do social media). 

He will probably be comparing himself to Joe Biden since he also got support through the post 😉

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, sne said:

Carrier pigeon. But these are actually messages from when he first took the Sunderland job.

Edited by fightoffyour

21 hours ago, villa4europe said:

He's revealed that he's had death threats 

wasnt that Alex Bruce saying that???

If the below video is correct, he hasnt had any death threats, he has had one saying "i hope you die from covid", which isnt a death threat.

If he has had a death threat they should go to the police, not saying the covid comment isnt brainless and idiotic/wrong, but thats not a death threat (ofc its wrong also).

Why does Alex Bruce feel the need to get involved every time??, didnt he pipe up when Bruce was towards the end of his Villa time?

note: ofc death threats are wrong, also the covid comment is wrong.....just stating that the two things are kinda different.

this was an interesting watch:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sne said:

He can't stop lying ol Brucie boy. Every time he speaks.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Why does Alex Bruce feel the need to get involved every time??, didnt he pipe up when Bruce was towards the end of his Villa time?

He's basically Steve's social media guy. Scours the net for comments on pops. Very weird thing for multimillionaires to do imo, but whatever floats your boat I guess.

7 hours ago, Zatman said:

I know he is reading this bit Alex Bruce is a shit stirring rocket polisher. 

Crap player too but Daddy kept signing him and now that he has retired is Brucey PR manager 

Didn’t he also goad the fans a lot on Twitter? And just block and block. He’s a hypocrite who loves to stir the pot. 

Â