Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Reading Funniest Villa quotes ever that the missus got me for my birthday, I swear every Steve Bruce quote involves food in some form or another 

 

 

I was having a bite to eat with my daughter last night and the waiter dropped a pint of blackcurrant and lemonade all over her.

She was head to toe in it and I thought ‘the luck is still not going our way’.

But I will pour a pint of blackcurrant and lemonade over her next time! 

I will tip it right over her head – whatever it takes, it’s changed the luck!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gwi1890 said:

Reading Funniest Villa quotes ever that the missus got me for my birthday, I swear every Steve Bruce quote involves food in some form or another 

 

 

I was having a bite to eat with my daughter last night and the waiter dropped a pint of blackcurrant and lemonade all over her.

She was head to toe in it and I thought ‘the luck is still not going our way’.

But I will pour a pint of blackcurrant and lemonade over her next time! 

I will tip it right over her head – whatever it takes, it’s changed the luck!

Wor got wor rub of the green. 99.9% of all football management is getting wor rub of wor green.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • VT Supporter

Never change, Steve.

 

Bruce to be careful with Dummett:

Quote

Steve Bruce says he is going to be careful with Paul Dummett as he looks to ease the experienced defender back into the side.

The 29-year-old made just his fourth appearance of the season against Southampton earlier this month after suffering from Achilles, thigh and hamstring injuries over the past year..

“We’ll need his experience and know-how," said Bruce.

"We’re also mindful of just throwing him in there. Since Southampton he’s trained another week and the more sessions he does the better. He’s there or thereabouts.”

 

Na na na na na na na na na na naa, there or thereabouts, thereabouts, there or thereabouts!

Link to post
Share on other sites

To be fair to him, it seems like a stupid question to me. He's known Solskjaer for years, why wouldn't he have a friendly conversation with him?

Just because some fans have some stupid talking point on a forum, doesn't mean that journalists *have to* ask about it. They can exercise some judgement.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

To be fair to him, it seems like a stupid question to me. He's known Solskjaer for years, why wouldn't he have a friendly conversation with him?

Just because some fans have some stupid talking point on a forum, doesn't mean that journalists *have to* ask about it. They can exercise some judgement.

Have it before the game?

Imagine the knives out for Smith by the weirdos who hate him if he was caught laughing and chatting after a loss.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Tomaszk said:

Have it before the game?

Imagine the knives out for Smith by the weirdos who hate him if he was caught laughing and chatting after a loss.

I can certainly imagine the state of On Topic in that situation, and you're right it wouldn't be pretty, but I don't think that means it's a sensible question to ask at a press conference.

There's probably some idiot Leeds fan somewhere or other who is exercised about Bielsa having a friendly word with El Ghazi yesterday as well, but they would be wrong to be worked up about that as well.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I can certainly imagine the state of On Topic in that situation, and you're right it wouldn't be pretty, but I don't think that means it's a sensible question to ask at a press conference.

There's probably some idiot Leeds fan somewhere or other who is exercised about Bielsa having a friendly word with El Ghazi yesterday as well, but they would be wrong to be worked up about that as well.

Yeah, there's not that much wrong with it really. It's his snappy reaction that I liked.

He's probably more harshly judged than he should be by Newcastle fans because he's made them hate watching their own team, just like he did here.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • VT Supporter

If I’m honest, I will be sad when he calls it a day as it’s fun watching him have these pissy little battles with the fans and the press. Obviously it wasn’t as much fun when he was at Villa but elsewhere and particularly at Newcastle, he’s box office entertainment when it’s going badly and when it (briefly) goes well it’s equally fun as it winds up his detractors no end.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • VT Supporter
18 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I can certainly imagine the state of On Topic in that situation, and you're right it wouldn't be pretty, but I don't think that means it's a sensible question to ask at a press conference.

There's probably some idiot Leeds fan somewhere or other who is exercised about Bielsa having a friendly word with El Ghazi yesterday as well, but they would be wrong to be worked up about that as well.

You would be if you knew what he was saying to Anwar, look into my eyes not around my eyes into my eyes.........

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • VT Supporter
1 hour ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Did people see this insightful comment the other week? 


New way of understanding the game

If I’ve followed this correctly (and it is quite advanced so I may have got something wrong), it sounds like the points that a club gains from a given match, they’re actually added together and presumably tabulated in some way? And this “accumulation of points” determines how successful a team has performed across a season. 

Has anyone else noticed this trend? Do clubs find themselves in a better position if they’ve accumulated more points than their rivals?

Can not see this catching on to be honest 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â