Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

Just now, villa4europe said:

He didn't stop for even 1 second to think that none of the kids coming through is another manager problem

Nope they just don't exist 

Again it's a coaching thing, if Bruce is the 'head' of the coaches then God knows what the ones beneath him are like.  Granted Dean has been with us for 6 months longer than Bruce has been there but you can tell our youth system is set up to mimick the first team squad which he has developed in his own, modern style.  Dean has got everything he can from limited players like Nakamba, Hause and Trez by working with them on the training pitch and completely revamped our defence in the lockdown.  Bruce just does nothing but hope hard work will do but tonight Newcastle's closing down was dreadful.  I reckon that's why we were a bit below-par because we had so much time we didnt know what to do with it.

• Like 2

I wonder if he thinks he's a good manager. He needs a bit of time and the chance to bring in players he wants.

Ahh, balls, he knows he's stealing a living the big fat liar.

Great to see him sad. He's just waiting for the pay-off now.

4 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Again it's a coaching thing, if Bruce is the 'head' of the coaches then God knows what the ones beneath him are like.  Granted Dean has been with us for 6 months longer than Bruce has been there but you can tell our youth system is set up to mimick the first team squad which he has developed in his own, modern style.  Dean has got everything he can from limited players like Nakamba, Hause and Trez by working with them on the training pitch and completely revamped our defence in the lockdown.  Bruce just does nothing but hope hard work will do but tonight Newcastle's closing down was dreadful.  I reckon that's why we were a bit below-par because we had so much time we didnt know what to do with it.

It was precisely like the Brentford schooling of us at Villa Park under Bruce. Then we looked like a bunch of total strangers thrown together at the last minute against a well drilled unit who knew exactly what they had to do and what those around them would be doing.  It's not an accident, it takes a lot of hard work and it's something Bruce was entirely incapable of doing when he was our manager. He managed to stop the rot and made us hard to beat but **** me he never managed to make us play football. That Wolves win was the exception that proved the rule, in that game the individual talent all came together on the night but in the very next couple of games we looked like a bunch of total strangers again.

We always had players in between their lines, in space, it was way too easy. They never looked like laying a glove on us, totally out thought by Smith tonight.

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Redknapp went off on one about kids not playing football in the streets any more..... 

I heard this and actually said aloud ‘what the word removed are you going on about’

This has to be his final hurrah in the Prem now surely 

26 minutes ago, Xela said:

I don't know why he still does it. He must be **** minted. He had a really good career at Man Utd at the top of the game and has been in football management every since. If I was him, i'd knock it on the head and play golf in Portugal and lose some weight. 

Absolutely - he could do occasional pundit work if he needs to keep the money ticking over as well. I wonder if he'll take a break after the sacking he's likely to get very soon.

8 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Stan has been on the money of late:

It really baffles me that he receives ZERO criticism from the more ‘mainstream’ pundits. Not even something along the lines of ‘he must accept some of the responsibility.’ 

Looking at his post match interview he looks like he is about to have absolute hissy fit when receiving the slightest criticism, Its refreshing to have an hones manager like Smith at the helm here , Smith’s post match interviews are exactly how I as a fan read the game, we won last night but he wasn’t entirely pleased with our second half performance he knows when to give praise when to defend his player and when to criticise without singling out anybody. Steve Bruce comes across as a spoil arrogant kid , he needs to retire now the while media still perceive him as a nice guy steady pair of hands type of guy (which he is not) 

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

Jamie Redknapp was almost absolving him of blame. They act like all of this is happening in a vacuum. I've seen other managers ripped to shreds recently. Ole, who is currently top of the league couldn't catch a break at one point.

Some of them get close to getting it but stop just short of criticizing him. Andy Townsend was saying they're currently the worst team, even worse than West Bring and Sheff United, but they have a better squad than all the teams below them. For some reason the limiting factor here seems to be a mystery.

Les Ferdinand was saying he doesn't know how Newcastle play. They don't really have a defined style and don't really do anything (sounds like me complaining about Villa from 2017-2018). Who's responsible for cultivating a style Les? Just say the bloody obvious. Does he have dirt on all these guys or something? It's so baffling.

Jamie Redknapp and Steve Bruce have the same agent. The same agent also represents a number of other people who find it had to be objective on Bruce.

Total coincidence obviously.

Darren Bent was criticising Newcastle last night after the match, saying Carroll and Wilson looked like they had never played or trained together and how he felt for Steve Bruce.

Well, whose job is it to train  the players and get them playing together? Santa **** Claus?

Surely if the players have no style and look like they have never met, let alone trained together it is surely the fault of the manager.

It's odd that that has happened at every club he has been manager at in the last 10 years. Steve must be really unlucky to keep finding himself at clubs where the players are rubbish.

(I mean let's ignore the fact that the team he had struggling in the Championship were immediately promoted with a different manager)

Ten years ago his shithouse style may have kept you in the league, and his ability to attract bigger names to the club than other managers (by bankrupting the club) would get you promoted.

Those days are long gone for him. I doubt very much he will be able to keep Newcastle up. And if they go down I guarantee he will not bring them back up, even though we would be subjected to much more of the "4 times" bollox.

• Like 1

Â