Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Our own manager is the perfect example, he is a million times better than Bruce as a manager but if we didnt employ him in the Championship I dont think he would have ever got the call for a Premier League club

He's the perfect case study. Literally takes Bruce's squad, and gets it promoted where he couldn't despite 2 bites at the cherry. 

3 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

Just listening to him excuses after excuse, chats shit saying they have played 2 up top for 50% off the season, no they ain’t he keeps playing that joelinton on the wing 

He thinks it is 2004 when football fans demand 2 up top and 2 strikers is the root to goals and attacking football.

He thinks he is actually pacifying the masses 

Someone get this fat head a time machine.

7 hours ago, rbcuk said:

keeps playing that joelinton on the wing 

Genuinely couldn’t believe what I saw yesterday.. Joelinton can’t score a goal, can’t beat a man with trickery and has no pace. What makes him a great candidate for the wing is a mystery. It reminds me of the time we played Heskey in midfield. 

2 hours ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Genuinely couldn’t believe what I saw yesterday.. Joelinton can’t score a goal, can’t beat a man with trickery and has no pace. What makes him a great candidate for the wing is a mystery. It reminds me of the time we played Heskey in midfield. 

We played Elmo on the wing for 12 months because he was good at winning headers from goal kicks.

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

We played Elmo on the wing for 12 months because he was good at winning headers from goal kicks.

A massive pet peeve of mine that is

Diagonal kick from the keeper to the full back or winger, the percentage of them that go out for a throw must be over 50%, the % of them that are successfully flicked on must be low too, it seems like a safety first thing, the defender can't win a monster of a header that sends the ball 30 to 40 yards back the other way creating anything, you can win a header creating a 2nd ball or lose a header creating a 2nd ball

It looks easy to defend too, the majority of defenders don't even seem to try and win the header, just lean on the attacker meaning they can't win the header and the ball will go out of play

2 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

It worked for Ian Ormondroyd. Although he was about 2 feet taller than Elmo.

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

Just 3 days to go to hope that he isn't sacked. Hope we hit them for 6. We have it in us. Perfect game to bounce back after this disappointment.

They can't sack Bruce. He's doing a great job there...  he needs more time!  B)

5 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

If we score early, this will get very ugly.

Arsenal put 3 past them, and their offence is...laboured to say the least. This is going to be like the Burnley game, except we'll finish our chances. 

8 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

I wish I could share the optimism with the above but I have seen this script many of times with Bruce, under pressure - gets a fluke result and sticks it to the fans.. I can quite easily see a repeat.

Seems to be a bit arrogance creeping in that this will be a 3 or 4 nil. It was same before Leeds and United games as well

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Seems to be a bit arrogance creeping in that this will be a 3 or 4 nil. It was same before Leeds and United games as well

I can see us lose tbh. Dominate everything and lose 1-0 to some shite VAR call or set piece.

18 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I can see us lose tbh. Dominate everything and lose 1-0 to some shite VAR call or set piece.

We create quite a lot of chances, even against quality sides like Liverpool and Man City. If we have our shooting boots on we can score 3, 4 or 5

20 hours ago, Zatman said:

Normally I'd agree, but these are pure trash. Couldn't score in a brothel. We're not like Liverpool at the moment who drew with them. We create bucket loads of chances. Will be the easiest 3 points of the season, I've no doubt.

Â