Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

2 hours ago, Genie said:

China is the safest place on the planet for Covid isn’t it? Seems a strange reason to want to leave the country. 

I spoke with a friend in Beijing a few weeks ago  and he said it was like normal , bars open no restrictions ....then suddenly last week they’ve started locking down and putting restrictions in again due to a new variant  

spoke to another mate in Hong Kong today and he said most of it is shut and restrictions in place 

I couldn’t give you a definitive answer though Tbf  , China is always gonna China 

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, sne said:

One of those almost truth or deceptions he keeps spouting to make himself look to be doing better than he actually is. For us it was that we were sitting in relegation spot when he took over (which we didn't) and then he kept on going with that he'd only been here less than year when it was closer to 18 months and then it was only 18 months when it was around 2 years. No millions to spend despite one of the biggest budgets in EFL history and so on and so on. 

so your saying he didnt have to beg borrow and steal Tammy Abraham and Bolasie when he was here :o 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Zatman said:

surely Hughes would be favourite if Bruce got the sack ;) 

Probably. Christ, how depressing for them.

I can't see the likes of Howe taking the job and I'd be interested to see if someone like Thomas Frank would be willing to step up to work for Mike Ashley. Also the day to day there would be a nightmare; I've seen quite a few Newcastle fans moan about their lack of investment in training facilities and, after recently seeing a picture, I can confirm it looks dreadful.

1 minute ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Probably. Christ, how depressing for them.

I can't see the likes of Howe taking the job and I'd be interested to see if someone like Thomas Frank would be willing to step up to work for Mike Ashley. Also the day to day there would be a nightmare; I've seen quite a few Newcastle fans moan about their lack of investment in training facilities and, after recently seeing a picture, I can confirm it looks dreadful.

well I dont think Newcastle have ever went for a manager like Howe or Frank since Ashley came in. I think Bruce is the only one they ever paid compensation for :D  

Rafa, Hughton(who they gave the job by accident and then shafted him) maybe Pardew has been his only successful appointments

9 minutes ago, AJ said:

If that article is real, even without hindsight, that would be the dumbest idea since Archduke Ferdinand decided to drive around town with the top down.

I read that he was pushing Jack to Spurs as well. Would make sense because it would mean he would have to play one less creative player

• Like 1

I know a lot of people hate the “expected” stats on here but they were rock bottom of expected points in last years table and that correlates with i saw of them being spawny bastards. They might stay up again by the skin of their teeth but Bruce really is a fraud of a manager.

Can see him getting binned and Howe coming in.

Edited by penguin

Just now, Zatman said:

Well he is from France might be out of his football knowledge 😂😂

Yeah mentioning him by name might be a bit much, but that we are making a signing and he's not might come up.

Â