Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

5 hours ago, villa4europe said:

simon Jordan on talksport - he's a defender he knows how to sort a defence out

it will never stop

Newcastle's defence wasn't an issue last season at all. If it's leaking now it's because they're not adapting to change of approach from SB tactics or lack of them.

30 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Watch Newcastle get a jammy, incredibly lucky win (even luckier than ours would've been) and then the media will hail Bruce as a tactical genius who just needs to be given time.

Not a chance. He used to park the bus for us against the likes of Fulham and Leeds in the Championship, what makes you think he'll try to get anything from a game against Spurs 😂

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

fair to him if gets the win. still think he is a shit manager 

will be his 3rd career away win vs a top 6 team in Premier League. 3.13% win rate before today

The mighty Benitez had a 0% win rate away at the top 6 so he has already bettered that. Should at least buy him a bit of time as they have some horrible fixtures coming up

Edited by LakotaDakota

1 minute ago, LakotaDakota said:

The mighty Benitez had a 0% win rate away at the top 6 so he has already bettered that. Should at least buy him a bit of time as they have some horrible fixtures coming up

since it was a career stat I am pretty sure Rafa won at Chelsea and United when he was managing Liverpool :rolleyes: Sure he even won at Anfield as Valencia manager

2 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

They certainly looked far better than we did against Spurs, with a much worse side. 

I don’t think that’s fair to be honest. This team has managed to stay up and Joelinton looks a player. 

We’re no better than them in my opinion. 

But today’s game and the game against us has showed that Spurs will struggle to break teams down this season.

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

I see you post Rafa criticism a lot.

Do you genuinely think Steve Bruce is a better manager than Rafa Benitez?

Hard to really compare given they've never really managed the same type of club. 

Will see at the end of the season. I do fully expect Bruce to do a better job. 

• Haha 1

Â