Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

23 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Oh there's a chance, a big one. 

I think there is a chance that any team in this  league who feels closing down and pressing, is a job beyond them will skirt with relegation.

I also think the finer arts of the game are there for all to see......The top teams do things that the lesser teams don't want to do and get found out.

The top 6 work their ******** off and challenge for everything....its not always seen by everyone.....they only see the ball going in the net as a result of it.

Edited by TRO

12 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

4 defenders on the bench as cover. Does he know you’re only allowed to make 3 subs? :crylaugh:

I didn’t want to jump the gun on this and really tried to get my head around the thinking behind his reasoning for that. Like I’ve missed something obvious as to why that would be a good idea.

I can’t come up with anything. Reassuring to know these head scratching decisions weren’t just for us.

15 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

I didn’t want to jump the gun on this and really tried to get my head around the thinking behind his reasoning for that. Like I’ve missed something obvious as to why that would be a good idea.

I can’t come up with anything. Reassuring to know these head scratching decisions weren’t just for us.

I’m surprised he didn’t bring out another trusted Brucism, “We’re down to the bare bones”, followed by the signing of Alan Hutton to be defender number 5 on the bench :lol:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Football doesn't work like that. A few games without a win it is going to get very toxic very quickly. That will spread to the players.

Last season their record after the first 10 games was P10 W0 D3 L7 GF6 GA14 PTS 3

I would gladly bet you any money that they will have more than 3 points/0 wins after 10 games this year

19 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

Last season their record after the first 10 games was P10 W0 D3 L7 GF6 GA14 PTS 3

I would gladly bet you any money that they will have more than 3 points/0 wins after 10 games this year

I don’t think it can be understated the amount of goodwill Rafa had in the bank to ease any unrest among supporters.

Not sure Bruce has quite the same credit rating at the moment.

Although I should add, I doubt they will only have three points after ten games. But if they did, I don’t expect Bruce to receive anywhere near as much leeway as Rafa did.

Edited by Shropshire Lad

9 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

Different manager. Fans backed that manager and backed that side. I guarantee if they even had a few more points at the same stage it would be very very ugly in that stadium.

On 11/08/2019 at 22:29, Shropshire Lad said:

I don’t think it can be understated the amount of goodwill Rafa had in the bank to ease any unrest among supporters.

Not sure Bruce has quite the same credit rating at the moment.

Although I should add, I doubt they will only have three points after ten games. But if they did, I don’t expect Bruce to receive anywhere near as much leeway as Rafa did.

I think we're well past the point of what Newcastle fans think actually mattering.

Last time they got what they wanted, it was hiring Keegan and Shearer, and it sent them down.

1 minute ago, kurtsimonw said:

I think we're well past the point of what Newcastle fans think actually mattering.

Last time they got what they wanted, it was hiring Keegan and Shearer, and it sent them down.

Yeah I don’t think Newcastle supporters have too much impact on Ashley’s thinking.

But the original point being made was how toxic it would be in the stadium if Bruce had a similar poor run that Rafa did last season. Rafa, despite his flaws had a lot of goodwill in the bank. I don’t think Bruce does.

The end result of that (hypothetical) toxic atmosphere probably wouldn’t mean the supporters would get what they want, but it would be there all the same.

• Like 1

Alex Bruce deletes tweets attacking journalist over tactical criticism of his dad

Bruce’s tenure at his boyhood club got off to a losing start at St James’s Park yesterday.

United’s head coach revealed after the game how a “lack of communication” saw substitute Jetro Willems take up the wrong position. Williams – who replaced the injured Jonjo Shelvey – had to be told to move out wide after initially taking up a midfield position.

Alex Bruce, a player at Kilmarnock, replied to journalist Craig Hope on Twitter who had described the substitution as “clumsy”. Bruce, 34, tweeted: “Willems knew exactly what his role was going on.”

Hope pointed out that his dad had admitted otherwise after the game, and Bruce later deleted his tweets. Left-back Willems, signed on loan from Eintracht Frankfurt, was at fault for Arsenal’s second-half goal, which was scored by Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang.

https://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/football/alex-bruce-deletes-tweets-attacking-journalist-over-tactical-criticism-of-his-dad-489647

Soppy bollocks is back at it again.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

51 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Soppy bollocks is back at it again.

Patrolling twitter at all times.

Love the thought of him watching the playoff final desperate for us to lose so he could pile in.

"It would be wonderful to nick a result at norwich" 

Words from the man himself :lol: I'm inspired and I don't even play for Newcastle 

He also added "we didn't win until November" last season, nice little bar setting 

Add to that he ran himself round in circles on this jetro willems thing, played CM every week last season... You can drive a bus through that statement 

Edited by villa4europe
  • Haha 1

Â