Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

7 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Yep.i am sure was a game we were 2 up and was brought back to 2-2

Forest  is the one! Ended 2-2, but we were 1-0 down, scored 2 in a couple of minutes, then Lansbury equalised late.

23 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

Forest  is the one! Ended 2-2, but we were 1-0 down, scored 2 in a couple of minutes, then Lansbury equalised late.

That one was just typical Villa.

One thing Bruce deserves credit for was making us resilient. When we took a lead we very rarely relinquished it. We scored some late winners/equalizers but very rarely conceded them.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Keyblade said:

One thing Bruce deserves credit for was making us resilient. When we took a lead we very rarely relinquished it. We scored some late winners/equalizers but very rarely conceded them.

I agree.  There was an amazing stat about us not conceding in the last 15 minutes when in front or something like that.

Our problems under Bruce were when we went behind. 

13 hours ago, Keyblade said:

I agree.

However, I think his final game highlighted a great comeback but also showed we were going to spend some time in the division under his stewardship.....when we went 0-3 down at home, the writing was well and truly on the wall.

1 hour ago, TRO said:

I agree.

However, I think his final game highlighted a great comeback but also showed we were going to spend some time in the division under his stewardship.....when we went 0-3 down at home, the writing was well and truly on the wall.

We went 3-2 down mate after having a 2-0 lead. It was the Shef united game we went 3-0 down.

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

We went 3-2 down mate after having a 2-0 lead. It was the Shef united game we went 3-0 down.

thanks getting my games confused, (old age creeping up)....but I do think The Preston game was the one where we all thought...this is going nowhere.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

On 27/07/2019 at 17:41, useless said:

Speaking of Preston, Bruce lost his first game officially in charge of Newcastle against them 2-1 today..

Just needs a pre-season and all will be fine.

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Genie said:

I cant think of a worse fit of manager and club than Bruce at Newcastle.

The whole thing just stinks.

It makes the time Big Sam went there look like Jose to Chelsea part 1

He's gonna do good

Just now, momo said:

He's gonna do good

I said before, if left to do his job he'll keep them up with a no frills approach. They hate him already though, and hes sniping back, doesnt look like he'll last long from that point of view.

1 hour ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Probably been referenced before, but.....

A twitter account with the sole function of having pictures of weddings with Steve Bruce in them.

Over 30,000 ****ing followers :lol:

This is brilliant. 

‘I put pictures of Football Manager, Steve Bruce, into weddings.’

😂 

10 hours ago, momo said:

He's gonna do good

that's the problem the Newcastle fans will have

what is "do good"??

under rafa do good was a few more signings bit of luck and hopefully push on in to the wolves / everton / Leicester mini league - under bruce do good is stay up

they are rightfully **** fuming, if he scrapes 17th it will be seen as an achievement and lauded by his mates in the press when in reality they've dropped 3 places from last season, he wont progress them, he'll do just enough to avoid the flush and the fans will be told to celebrate

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 2

Â