Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

56 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Image may contain: 1 person, text

Straight out the Brucie Playbook, what a total cretin, doomed to fail there..

No! It can't be real. @bbcfoot?!

Just looked and it is! Unofficial feed of BBC stories.

Oh man, that is so golden.

Just now, Mantis said:

I don't think anyone's arguing Bruce is better than Benitez are they? I assumed it was just people being sarcastic?

It looks like they are...

Bruce got into some people's good books big time.

1 hour ago, sne said:

U are happy that one of our relegation rivals get a bonus 3 points away at a team they should not beat?

Odd.

Really? That's what you read in my statement? No, I am happy for him, because when he managed Villa, both his parents died, some ass threw cabbage at him, and people here think that he really tried to do scupper Villa's season on purpose. I mean, come on! So I wish him all the best wherever he is. Like a normal, civilized person. Like people on here being happy for Tammy Abraham, whom Bruce got to the club, scoring for another team.

13 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I really think football fans are babies sometimes. Love to call the manager a word removed when we're losing, then act all butthurt when he says he hopes I'll shut up when we've won. 

While there will be some who will take some sort of offence to that comment or similar, I think most on here find it amusing more than anything. Hearing the old classics wheeled out again. 

A win away at Spurs is undoubtedly impressive, much more so than when he shut up his critics when he masterminded our win against Rotherham. And he should rightly be pleased with today’s result.

But if Newcastle go and lose to Watford next week like when we followed up the Rotherham win with a defeat to Wednesday, then he’ll have made himself look a bit silly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

I really think football fans are babies sometimes. Love to call the manager a word removed when we're losing, then act all butthurt when he says he hopes I'll shut up when we've won. 

Doubt anyone is taking it personally, it's just funny to see...it's a meme at this point. Every manager gets called a word removed etc when they're losing, it's just part of the job. Managers should be above retaliating to the petulant criticism of supporters, and most of them do seem to be. It just seems to be Bruce that reacts in this petty way. 

I mean not least because it's just a single game, and doesn't mean anything for now. He trotted out that line after we beat Rotherham last season after a run of 6 games without a win (including getting knocked out of the cup by a lower league team). He got sacked 3 games later.

Edited by Keyblade

6 hours ago, LakotaDakota said:

Benitez winning the champions league 15 years ago is about as relevant to football today as us & forest winning the european cup through isn't it. It's a nice trophy & medal to have and part of the history but it means absolutely nothing to the team of today. Most of our players weren't even born the last time we won anything

Won the playoff final in may 2019

• Like 1

Parked the bus and got a lucky result I don’t see how that should “shut anyone up”, it’s a game of 90 minutes these things happen, we’ll see where they are come the end of the season. If he lasts that long.

That’s the kind of thing that took my disliking of Bruce to probably the loftiest perch in football

didnt watch the game but I’ve seen the stats and the penalty debate, it’s a sunshine on a dogs ass win, Newcastle fans can enjoy it but still ask questions about 20% possession but Bruce will attack them, his kids will attack them, his mates in the media will attack them, the split he’s caused in the fan base means other fans will attack them, as a result slowly your enjoyment is drained, even when you win

• Like 3

10 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Or then, what you could do is listen to the way that a classy manager, like say Dean Smith discusses a loss (or indeed a win) after a match and compare it to "nice guy" Mr Bruce. Or indeed you could look at the way Alex McLeish spoke after a match......

Bruce cannot handle criticism - he thinks he is above it. He is not. 

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

That’s the kind of thing that took my disliking of Bruce to probably the loftiest perch in football

didnt watch the game but I’ve seen the stats and the penalty debate, it’s a sunshine on a dogs ass win, Newcastle fans can enjoy it but still ask questions about 20% possession but Bruce will attack them, his kids will attack them, his mates in the media will attack them, the split he’s caused in the fan base means other fans will attack them, as a result slowly your enjoyment is drained, even when you win

I did watch the game - and it really was sunshine on a dogs ass (I like that phrase). Newcastle looked far worse than us against Spurs, but luck was really on their side. Spurs must be wondering what the hell happened, The Toon did not deserve a draw, let alone the win - but that's football sometimes. Ultimately though the Steve Bruce show will gather that up as evidence of how he is the right man for the job.

As for the rest of the analysis - it is spot on. Even now with the evidence of what a mess he made of it here, his true colours having been shown some fans STILL inexplicably wish him well. Personally I just wish he and his ilk would disappear from football for good. 

Â