Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

6 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

Won't even be shocked to see them finish above us . 

Not would I but if that happened we’d all be pretty pissed off if they finish 17th! 

I cant wait to play Newcastle at villa park. Bruce should get a great reception. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

8 hours ago, villa4europe said:

yep, they do enough to stay up, snatching results with some insipid performances and come the end of the season the fans will be told they should be happy and stump up another £1,000+ to do the same next season

That is pretty much exactly the same as 60% of clubs in the prem though. Unless you are in the top 4 or bottom 3 the rest is pretty pointless really. If you are a team outside of the top 6 you are lucky to get 3 or 4 wins every 10 games yet this is what we all aspire to, Mostly misery with the occasional glimmer of something less shit. Welcome to the premier league.

Edited by LakotaDakota
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Zatman said:

32% possession at home is a more worrying stat ;)

Why? We had 35% at home to Everton & won 2-0...

Spurs had 80% against Newcastle & lost 1-0, Utd had 71% of the ball at home to Palace & lost 2-1. Possession is the most pointless of all the stats

Edited by LakotaDakota

4 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

Spurs had 80% against Newcastle & lost 1-0, Utd had 71% of the ball at home to Palace & lost 2-1. Possession is the most pointless of all the stats

We were holding onto something and both Spurs and Utd were losing so expected to take the game to the opponent

Newcastle played a mainly even game at home and just threw possession away at all opportunities

8 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

Maybe in one off games but overall the best teams will have high possession stats. I think the only exception in recent years is Leicester.

25 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Newcastle played a mainly even game at home and just threw possession away at all opportunities

Newcastle made 7 changes from the team that beat spurs, Leicester played their currently undefeated first 11 they use every week bar 2 players (evans & praet) & they both came on before the hour anyway.

Ah well that's enough of the Bruce thread until you lot have a meltdown on Saturday afternoon after they have won 2 games in a row ;)

Edited by LakotaDakota
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Who the hell goes down if they stay up? Can't think of any team worse from them. I'd fear for our safety if Newcastle are staying up comfortably.

Plenty of teams in and around tbh. For me, Burnley and Sheff Utd are worse. Doesn’t mean they’ll finish below Newcastle, but they’re worse. You’ve then got us, Norwich, Bournemouth, Brighton and Southampton. Take your pick of 3 from any of those. 

Edited by bobzy

31 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Plenty of teams in and around tbh. For me, Burnley and Sheff Utd are worse. Doesn’t mean they’ll finish below Newcastle, but they’re worse. You’ve then got us, Norwich, Bournemouth, Brighton and Southampton. Take your pick of 3 from any of those. 

Yeah, it's possible. Any one of those teams can go on a horrid run. I think Burnley is better than all of those teams except Bournemouth. They'll stay in the league. Newcastle and Southampton will lose too many points to rivals. Southampton, Newcastle, Sheffield United for bottom 3 for me. In that order too.

8 hours ago, bobzy said:

throw in palace too

I agree Sheff United on paper look weak, i mean they use freaking Enda Stevens is they're starting eleven. But i think they will survive because of team spirit and togetherness.

Edited by villalad21

Â