Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

11 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

Only Bruce can get slagged off after an away win at Spurs.

Only because of his post match interview. In terms of the game his team did well. 

Bruces teams will always be hard to beat when they take the lead. But once they go behind they are unlikely to get anything out the game. 

6 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Only because of his post match interview. In terms of the game his team did well. 

Bruces teams will always be hard to beat when they take the lead. But once they go behind they are unlikely to get anything out the game. 

It's more the "he got lucky" type of comments. No shit. He's manager of Newcastle, playing against Spurs. We got lucky Spurs didn't show up and we still got spanked 3-1. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kurtsimonw said:

It's more the "he got lucky" type of comments. No shit. He's manager of Newcastle, playing against Spurs. We got lucky Spurs didn't show up and we still got spanked 3-1. 

Bruce will always get slagged off. Mostly because he’s a bit of a word removed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

Spurs have lost over 20 games in the last 12 months, that's crazy. In hindsight we should have got something out of that game. We shouldn't have sat so deep trying to see out a 1 nil lead.

Just now, Genie said:

Spurs have lost over 20 games in the last 12 months, that's crazy. In hindsight we should have got something out of that game. We shouldn't have sat so deep trying to see out a 1 nil lead.

Had no idea they have been so bad for this long.

Last 12 league games of last season, 3 wins, 2 draws and 7 defeats. That's pretty much relegation form.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

Had no idea they have been so bad for this long.

Last 12 league games of last season, 3 wins, 2 draws and 7 defeats. That's pretty much relegation form.

Lost 13 times in the league last season, same amount as Wolves

He’s the most recent former manager of ours who now manages a potential relegation rival. Last season he was manager of a club who for a while some felt were potential play off contenders (although I personally didn’t think that).

Therefore he’s currently of far more relevance to us than the likes of Sherwood, Lambert, MON. I’m sure if one of those landed a job in the premier league this season (huge suspension of belief required there) then their threads would also receive sufficient traffic. Indeed MON’s thread picked up while he was at Forest last season. Lambert not so much admittedly, but frankly Ipswich were very much also rans.

Of course there’s a fair bit of schadenfreude in all this. But Bruce gets it the most out of all the previous managers for the reasons mentioned in the first paragraph, along with the perceived chumminess he has with the media.

If people want to talk about him, slag him off, defend him, whatever then that’s up to them. It’s what this thread is for isn’t it? Frankly, I’d rather it all be contained here than seep out elsewhere.

• Like 1

Don't see the point in slagging him off. I say let him have his day in the sun and gloat about a solitary win 3 games into the season. Just glad it's Newcastle fans that have to deal with his bullshit and not us anymore. Will be very surprised if they're still in the PL come May and/or he's still in the job.

4 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

He's just a shit ex manager of ours. Why are we still all talking about him?

Something to do with this being the "Steve Bruce" thread. Be weird to talk about anyone else in here.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Don't see the point in slagging him off. I say let him have his day in the sun and gloat about a solitary win 3 games into the season. Just glad it's Newcastle fans that have to deal with his bullshit and not us anymore. Will be very surprised if they're still in the PL come May and/or he's still in the job.

I think they’ll be in the PL come May, and Bruce will still be manager. Will be an unspectacular season, finishing 14th. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I think they’ll be in the PL come May, and Bruce will still be manager. Will be an unspectacular season, finishing 14th. 

Definitely one to keep an eye on. Unless Joelinton becomes a revelation, I personally can't see it.

14 hours ago, bobzy said:

This for me. 

I don't think Joelinton will be any good, but they'll finish around there, probably I'm the upper 40s in terms of points. 

Won't even be shocked to see them finish above us . 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kurtsimonw said:

This for me. 

I don't think Joelinton will be any good, but they'll finish around there, probably I'm the upper 40s in terms of points. 

Won't even be shocked to see them finish above us . 

yep, they do enough to stay up, snatching results with some insipid performances and come the end of the season the fans will be told they should be happy and stump up another £1,000+ to do the same next season

that's my problem with Bruce and why he's still discussed, with Pardew Allardyce et al gone he's the last remaining English old boy in the top flight, he's a lot more than just a rivals manager

On 27/08/2019 at 13:23, bobzy said:

I don't get the obsession.  I don't get the slagging off.  It's all a bit bizarre.  Can we all just move on?

Like we all got over MON.....

Unfortunately, whether you like it or not, a manager that has played some part in our recent history is going to get mentioned. If Di Matteo had been given 18 months in charge and had now got a job in the Prem, we'd be talking about him too.

Â