Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

Not true, the amount of backing he gets inside VP is still amazing. In a way, it makes me proud...he really does have no ground to complain. His name still gets chanted. I sit right hext to the dugout and in 2 years have heard 2 people have a little pop at him in that time. He really cannot and shouldn't dare complain.

So shut the **** up, stop the excuses and do.your job.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

All the Bruce supporters will be pleased and out in force this week!..

Jesus Rigo you need to give it a rest, there’s no Bruce supporters, just people who are more patient then you, once Bruce leaves you aren’t going to see an exodus of villatalk users leaving.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Whilst I won’t Bruce out surely we can try and be slightly happy after 3 points and a clean sheet? 

Otherwise what’s the point of even supporting the club!  May as well have watched the Liverpool game.

Until we are coherent and convincing, it is hard to muster any real enthusiasm because there is no proper sense of progress, or meaningful momentum. We stumble through one game to the next, sometimes winning, sometimes losing, frequently drawing. People say points are all that matter and of course that's ultimately true, but watching Villa under Bruce is like having no taste buds. What should be a pleasurable experience is rendered functional at best.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Whilst I want Bruce out surely we can try and be slightly happy after 3 points and a clean sheet? 

Otherwise what’s the point of even supporting the club!? May as well have watched the Liverpool game.

I think people are pleased with the 3 points. I know I am. 

But at the same time, people can still have their reservations about how we played.

Despite bemoaning lacklustre performances, we were being told to enjoy the best start to a season since the 60’s then we went on a long winless run. A win over a dogged but inferior Rotherham team isn’t going to suddenly dispel any worries people have built up over the last 5 or 6 games.

Pleased with the win, still yet to be convinced.

2 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

I think people are pleased with the 3 points. I know I am. 

But at the same time, people can still have their reservations about how we played.

Despite bemoaning lacklustre performances, we were being told to enjoy the best start to a season since the 60’s then we went on a long winless run. A win over a dogged but inferior Rotherham team isn’t going to suddenly dispel any worries people have built up over the last 5 or 6 games.

Pleased with the win, still yet to be convinced.

I get that but some fans on here seem genuinely upset and angry that we won if Bruce keeps his job.  It’s seems s bit extreme. 

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I get that but some fans on here seem genuinely upset and angry that we won if Bruce keeps his job.  It’s seems s bit extreme. 

Fair enough. I don’t really pick up that vibe personally, certainly not anything I’ve seen tonight. I feel it’s more that people who dislike Bruce will expect him to (over)milk this win while using it to take a swipe at his detractors.

• Like 1

Â