Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, TheAuthority said:

Again, the quote was "relegation material" :rolleyes:

If we draw against the weaker to average teams and lose against decent teams this season is looking a little grim for us to say it lightly.

Obviously the board will sack Bruce if it ever got that bad, but based on what i've seen so far this season we are playing like a relegation team.

9 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

If we draw against the weaker to average teams and lose against decent teams this season is looking a little grim for us to say it lightly.

Obviously the board will sack Bruce if it ever got that bad, but based on what i've seen so far this season we are playing like a relegation team.

I will bet my Manhattan apartment that we will not be relegated this season. 

• Like 2

He has definitely lost the fans, those defending him on Facebook are in the minority. Even Talksport, who usually call anyone who wants Bruce out an idiot, are commentating that they're deeply concerned about the Villa.

Bruce not being sacked, is starting to damage the club from top to bottom. The backers will say we have only lost one game, the truth is though we haven't won in 5 against some pretty average opposition.

I truly hope, that powers that be are only giving him a tiny bit more rope to hang himself.

I don't think he'll make the next international break, and hopefully that gives us time to save our season.

When we get back we've got Blackburn who try to play Mowbray's passing football.

Some real strength available to us now with Abraham and Bolasie but even with them I cannot see us keeping Rovers out. Dack will be fit and well rested for them having missed a game or two. I think we'll lose and then face Rotherham at home three days later.

Oh my, that match could get ugly if we go behind. He's in for a shock if he thinks he's seen upset fans.

He's waiting for his payoff now though. Lost interest and knows the players are against him. That's why he keeps criticising them.

2 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

When we get back we've got Blackburn who try to play Mowbray's passing football.

Some real strength available to us now with Abraham and Bolasie but even with them I cannot see us keeping Rovers out. Dack will be fit and well rested for them having missed a game or two. I think we'll lose and then face Rotherham at home three days later.

Oh my, that match could get ugly if we go behind. He's in for a shock if he thinks he's seen upset fans.

He's waiting for his payoff now though. Lost interest and knows the players are against him. That's why he keeps criticising them.

Lost the players ? Surely you've heard he's a great man manager - well that's what they have tried telling me - for some time now ( I always thought it was because they couldn't come up with something more sophisticated ) and it was an easy straw to clutch at. 

31 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

He has definitely lost the fans, those defending him on Facebook are in the minority.

I want him gone as much as anyone, but I'm not 100% sure about this mate. 

There still seems to be a lot of support on match days. 

23 minutes ago, av1 said:

I want him gone as much as anyone, but I'm not 100% sure about this mate. 

There still seems to be a lot of support on match days. 

Well you may be right, I'm just going on what I'm seeing.

Usually the official page is full of love and praise, not so much this week. Especially on their goal of the month post. 

Edited by Villan_of_oz

7 hours ago, Villan_of_oz said:

He has definitely lost the fans, those defending him on Facebook are in the minority. Even Talksport, who usually call anyone who wants Bruce out an idiot, are commentating that they're deeply concerned about the Villa.

Bruce not being sacked, is starting to damage the club from top to bottom. The backers will say we have only lost one game, the truth is though we haven't won in 5 against some pretty average opposition.

I truly hope, that powers that be are only giving him a tiny bit more rope to hang himself.

I don't think he'll make the next international break, and hopefully that gives us time to save our season.

Some of the opposition is in the relegation zone too....

Imagine we lose to Blackburn heavily.

The board decide that they've had enough and sack him.

They then have 3 days to get a manager in and some time with the team before the next game. Another 4 days and we have another game.

We've missed a massive opportunity to make the managerial change over a two week break.

• Like 2

The main problem I have is that all his career Bruce has built his teams around a strong defence. His 'brand' of football - love it or hate it - often works because his teams defend well and don't concede many.

Our squad is currently suited to the exact opposite style of that.

That's what;s worrying me. If we had a solid defence, I would be fine with keeping Bruce because it's tried and tested.

Now we find ourselves in a position where he HAS to set up an attacking team because it's the only way our squad fits together naturally. I just don't think he can implement that sort of strategy, though.

A good manager, promotion record, but he just isn't a fit for our current squad.

This thread seems to have gone very quiet considerimg the usual 1000 odd posts a day. It could be could there’s no game for a week. Or maybe its becoming difficult to defend him so the usual repeated debates have ended. I wonder if there is anybody left that actually wants Bruce to remain in charge.

Anyway here’s something to lighten the mood. 

23 minutes ago, sne said:

Will be here until the owners have found a replacement.

Sadly.

Exactly.  When Purslow got rid of Benitez, he was working behind the scenes for 2 weeks to get his man unbeknownst to Benitez.  No point in getting rid of Bruce to someone is lined up to come in straight away. 

I sit firmly in the Bruce out camp but peeps on here need to realise that VT is a microcosm of Villas overall fan base and I’d have to say that in terms of support for Bruce it’s probably a 33/33/33% in terms of keep/sack/don’t know, so I can understand why they haven’t sacked him yet.

The feverish shouts to oust him just aren’t as widely replicated elsewhere in the fandom as they are on here. Amongst my own family and friends who support Villa I’m probably only one of a couple who want him out with a few undecided and a couple in favour of him. 

The in fighting in the stands shows that Bruce’s football and tactics (or lack thereof) still has its supporters. The recent off field dramas and some lucky results blind a lot of fans imo to Bruce’s negative tactics and baffling choices imo. It’s never his fault of course. 

Im going to the Rotherham game and I’m going to try and enjoy watching us win in spite of him and try not to watch him wobble about the dugout with his hands on his hips hopefully not trying to make sense of why it’s gone wrong yet again with everyone playing right back, a goalie up front and an actual right back playing in goal. 

• Like 3

Â