Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

I heard a laaandaan journo on talkshite radio (yeah, I know !) give one main reason that villa fans MUST appreciate is that the championship season is frequently "Saturday/Tuesday", so give Brucie a break eh lads ?

Doesn't seem to have affected Leeds and middlesboro but he kinda forgot to mention that bit.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

From what I have seen over the last 2 years, I genuinely have no idea how he managed this. 

We lost in the playoff final by a goal ffs. 

I'm not really defending him but that's just a silly thing to say. 

2 hours ago, lexicon said:

We didn't even turn up for the first 45 minutes of that final. And for all our 2nd half possession, not a shot on target. He should of gone, IMO, after that. 

I don't care what Bruce did last season, it's irrelevant.

It's what is happening now that is the main thing. And based on performance so far we are relegation material. Can't beat the smaller teams and get beat heavily by the first decent side we come up against.

• Like 2

You make it sound like it was a marginal defeat like it was 5-4 and we where just unlucky.

It was 1-0 and we never even showed up.

From what I have seen in his time here I am also mythed how the hell he has managed 4 promotions! 

A goal or not, we were never in that game. Completely outclassed.

We were decidedly 4th best in the league with arguably the best squad.

Making it to the playoff final and losing by "only" 1 goal didn't change the gulf between us and the top 3.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So Brentford promote two young players from their 'B' team to the first team, and yet we try and force our leading goal scorer out of the club, and plan to bring in a 38-year old CB. And we wonder what's wrong with our club and manager .....

Two more members of the Brentford B squad have been promoted to the First Team group. Marcus Forss and Mads Bech Sørensen will now officially be part of the First Team squad at Griffin Park after signing for Brentford B last summer. Both made their debuts for The Bees this season in the Carabao Cup win over Southend United after spending pre-season with the First Team and Marcus has gone on to make his Sky Bet Championship debut.

https://www.brentfordfc.com/news/2018/september/mads-and-marcus-promoted/

26 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

:clap::crylaugh:

To be fair over the last 4 league matches we are currently joint 20th in form (with Hull and Rotherham: 3 points, -3 goal difference) and Forest have played 1 game less (a draw or better and we would be 21st).  It doesn't get much more relegation form than that.  Especially when you consider that 1 point was a last second equaliser.

Edited by allani

28 minutes ago, USA_Villa said:

So Brentford promote two young players from their 'B' team to the first team, and yet we try and force our leading goal scorer out of the club, and plan to bring in a 38-year old CB. And we wonder what's wrong with our club and manager .....

Two more members of the Brentford B squad have been promoted to the First Team group. Marcus Forss and Mads Bech Sørensen will now officially be part of the First Team squad at Griffin Park after signing for Brentford B last summer. Both made their debuts for The Bees this season in the Carabao Cup win over Southend United after spending pre-season with the First Team and Marcus has gone on to make his Sky Bet Championship debut.

https://www.brentfordfc.com/news/2018/september/mads-and-marcus-promoted/

They must have finally perfected their stamping techniques under Maupay’s tuition.

7 minutes ago, allani said:

To be fair over the last 4 league matches we are currently joint 20th in form (with Hull and Rotherham: 3 points, -3 goal difference) and Forest have played 1 game less (a draw or better and we would be 21st).  It doesn't get much more relegation form than that.  Especially when you consider that 1 point was a last second equaliser.

And actually if you take out our injury time winner against Wigan and the last second equaliser against Brentford - we would actually be joint 23rd with Ipswich (2 points, -4 goal difference) in form over the last 5.  Obviously you could just as easily say two more extra time goals (specifically against Ipswich and Reading) would have us 6th in form (10 points, 0 goal difference) but I think that would be a lot less indicative of the current situation.

Edited by allani
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, abdulaziz1 said:

The team is much better than last season, Apart from the defence (we played some big games with Jedi last season).

We have Mcgin, Grealish and Kodjia (two to begin the season), El Ghazi, Bolasie and Abraham.

We have a World Cup player in Birkir (who aren’t playing every game) and couple of good backups.

Yet we aren’t playing football, we’re more clueless than last season.

If it wasn’t the takeover, we would have definitely gone down at this rate and pathetic tactical approachs.

Abdul makes a good point here. If we got off to such a poor start with the players we have, imagine where we would be if Grealish, Chester, Hutton, Kodjia etc had gone in the summer! 

27 minutes ago, allani said:

Again, the quote was "relegation material" :rolleyes:

20 minutes ago, villarocker said:

Abdul makes a good point here. If we got off to such a poor start with the players we have, imagine where we would be if Grealish, Chester, Hutton, Kodjia etc had gone in the summer! 

We would have be one of the favourites for the drop. Hence I started the ‘embarrassing’ relegation thread before the takeover. Thankfully we kept all the players and look a real candiate for promotion....oh hang on. 

Early days but a shocking start to the season. I’d argue worse than last year when you consider who we have played. 

• Like 1

Â