Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

I’d want us to win the three games obviously, but I wouldn’t be confident going forward with Bruce in charge.

This year alone, we’ve seen Bruce win seven Villa games in a row and I’m still not convinced.

So while winning the next three games (which include two recently promoted clubs) would be a step in the right direction, it wouldn’t remove major doubts regarding Bruce.

• Like 2

Football is such a business these days that's it's more or less tough tits what the fans think regardless of "for or against". 

If you don't enjoy it, stop watching, or follow someone else you do like, because if it's the style you hate, then obviously you're comparing our's to someone else's which you prefer. 

"but I've supported villa since I was a sperm and I was born in a villa kit! I got a villa tattoo and everything!" Ok cool, but it's like me having a Samsung tattoo, it doesn't mean anything and looks stupid to everyone else.  These football clubs are not owned by the fans (at least in the UK).  

We follow them because we choose to.  Fighting over football is the most retarded thing I can think of, and somehow at Sheffield, it happened.  

@Ingram85's post is right.  Just get behind the team on a saturday, come rain or shine.  Express an opinion, but don't get yourself on camera mimicking the "rocket polisher" sign to the scorer of an opponents goal, otherwise you're just a stupid, simple dickhead. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

to be honest it wouldnt surprise me if a conversation had already been had with owners and that was roughly the target set. we should be taking 9 pts from the next 4. that's the target i've set him anyway as for the first time after sheff utd i'm looking at the fence wondering if the grass might be greener on the other side

Decorating the Porch for Fall or Autumn

It is.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Hoof hearted said:

Because that's exactly where my view was coming from ffs, he's no good for Villa and if he hangs around too much longer we will be irreparably broken, people of your opinion are becoming a scarcity recently, maybe you should try Facebook to find like minded people? 

yeah alright anyone who dares to suggest not sacking bruce should leave the thread...**** it, rename it to "Steve Bruce Out" and you can all sit around complaining about him together rather than actually having a sensible and balanced debate

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Football is such a business these days that's it's more or less tough tits what the fans think regardless of "for or against". 

If you don't enjoy it, stop watching, or follow someone else you do like, because if it's the style you hate, then obviously you're comparing our's to someone else's which you prefer. 

"but I've supported villa since I was a sperm and I was born in a villa kit! I got a villa tattoo and everything!" Ok cool, but it's like me having a Samsung tattoo, it doesn't mean anything and looks stupid to everyone else.  These football clubs are not owned by the fans (at least in the UK).  

We follow them because we choose to.  Fighting over football is the most retarded thing I can think of, and somehow at Sheffield, it happened.  

@Ingram85's post is right.  Just get behind the team on a saturday, come rain or shine.  Express an opinion, but don't get yourself on camera mimicking the "rocket polisher" sign to the scorer of an opponents goal, otherwise you're just a stupid, simple dickhead. 

Well if things are to believed, our new owners were going to sack Bruce but then had a change of heart when they saw a skewed fans poll on a click bate site that wanted him to stay. 

Thankyou to those Muppet fans, we are now not getting promoted this season.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

to be honest it wouldnt surprise me if a conversation had already been had with owners and that was roughly the target set. we should be taking 9 pts from the next 4. that's the target i've set him anyway as for the first time after sheff utd i'm looking at the fence wondering if the grass might be greener on the other side

It will be -  cause there is very little grass left this side.

Just now, HeyAnty said:

Well if things are to believed, our new owners were going to sack Bruce but then had a change of heart when they saw a skewed fans poll on a click bate site that wanted him to stay. 

Pfft, promoted? Who cares lol. We ain't winning anything, even if we go up :lol:  

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

yeah alright anyone who dares to suggest not sacking bruce should leave the thread...**** it, rename it to "Steve Bruce Out" and you can all sit around complaining about him together rather than actually having a sensible and balanced debate

Nobody can have a balanced debate on Steve Bruce now, think thats the point.  His only redeeming quality was that he got on well with the players and was a good man manger.  WELL that has went down the toilet now to, he int nothing left to give.     

50 minutes ago, Hoof hearted said:

Because that's exactly where my view was coming from ffs, he's no good for Villa and if he hangs around too much longer we will be irreparably broken, people of your opinion are becoming a scarcity recently, maybe you should try Facebook to find like minded people? 

Ah right, and here was me wanting Villa to win games and be successful, I couldn't care less who achieves that as Manager but being as Bruce is here now he stands a better chance than anyone else of doing that. 

I was happy when Bruce was appointed as I thought he was the right tool for the job, that job being promotion. I didn't expect to see free-flowing fancy football but rather effective direct play which yielded results.

For me, his first season was a free pass to get the house in order ready for a serious challenge the following year. I firmly believe he failed despite us getting within a game of the Holy Grail. On paper at least, I felt we had the best squad in the division and many echoed that at the time including those in the media. His tactics and utilisation of players at times has been mind-boggling and this season it's gone to an all new level!

He has talked of players struggling to adapt to playing for a club of our size but I'd argue he's in the very same boat with his management. He's not managing a side fighting relegation so why set us up game after game like we're playing against Barcelona as opposed to Brentford?

In terms of club size, finances (putting FFP to one side...) and the ability to lure players we are the Barcelona of the Championship! We are one of the bigger fishes in this pond if not the biggest and with the resources we've thrown at promotion over the last two season's with the right man in charge we should have been promoted.

Maybe I'm being blinkered here but from memory money does buy success; Blackburn Rovers winning the league under Dalglish, Chelsea and more recently Citeh. The same applies to getting out of the Championship, I'm looking at you QPR...

Wolves after many managerial hiccups struck gold last season recruiting Mendes and now we all seem to be trying to get our paws on some of his clients... You get the best players and a decent manager and promotion seems almost guaranteed. That ship has sailed though, they had a monopoly on him and now there's a handful of us begging for his scraps... Too little, too late. Fair play to Wolves.

We have the players (albeit Bruce has hamstrung our defence) but we don't have a manager capable of getting the best out them.

Come what may this will be his last season unless he pulls a rabbit out of the hat and we finish inside the top two. I'll be interested to see where we're at come Christmas; if we're not challenging I think the owners will pull the trigger and give a new manager the rest of the season to bed in their own ideas ready to go again the following.

Man, I ramble on aimlessly when I get going... I can't even remember whether I had a point to make or was being delusional.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

So, wait! Does this mean that you, the average football fan on a footy forum, was shrewd and smart enough to see through a “skewed” fan poll, but our owners and their advisers were not!? Can you please show us definitive evidence that a Birmingham Mail poll swayed their thinking? 

38 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

Just lol.

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I'd love to see the results of a poll on whether people would:

a) like to see Villa lose the next 3 games and SB sacked

b) villa win the next 3 and SB staying on

Not sure what that would prove. People who would hypothetically vote A would be doing so in Villa's long term interests? 

Everybody ultimately wants what's best for Villa, regardless of their opinions on how to achieve that or their opinions on the current state of affairs. Your better fan posturing is tired.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

So, wait! Does this mean that you, the average football fan on a footy forum, was shrewd and smart enough to see through a “skewed” fan poll, but our owners and their advisers were not!? Can you please show us definitive evidence that a Birmingham Mail poll swayed their thinking? 

I did say 'Well if things are to believed'.  You should read the complete post, and no i dont have a video or pictures of our owners looking at or discussing the poll.

12 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Not sure what that would prove. People who would hypothetically vote A would be doing so in Villa's long term interests? 

Everybody ultimately wants what's best for Villa, regardless of their opinions on how to achieve that or their opinions on the current state of affairs. Your better fan posturing is tired.

It was in response to someone saying that all they want is for Villa to be successful, being successful means winning games, I'd be overjoyed if we won the next 3 but it seems as though others would find that joy tempered as it would almost certainly mean SB still being here. 

I.e. Losing and seeing SB sacked is better than winning, which to me seems counter productive. 

You talk about the future as though removal of SB means guranteed success, I wonder what the tone would be if we did remove SB and then hire someone who does worse. 

3 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

Why would I want to thank them? They just have a different opinion to me. I completely disagree with it but they are entitled to it. None of us know how the season will pan out. We can only guess. 

There are no absolutes in football, I want him gone but I’m under no allusions that the next manager could be a complete flop. To me though, fear of the unknown risk is not a reason to stick with something that is failing.

I think people (society as a whole at the moment) need to learn to be more friendly and engaging with those of an opposite viewpoint. It’s not Us Villa fans vs them Villa fans, were all Villa fans. We want the same thing. We just think differently about the current course. No need to get aggressive, dismissive or snarky about it. Oh and as much as i love it, there are a lot more important and serious things to get upset and vitriolic about than football. Pretty much everything in fact.

Very, well, put. 

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

If we lose the next 3 games he deserves to be sacked, I'm not exactly thrilled with where we are right now and as ever, I am open to a change if we can get someone better in. We should not be losing to Burton and Sheffield United in the same week and SB can only come out and say how embarrassed he is so many times before he has to face the fact that perhaps it's his failings, not the squads. 

However, football is a fickle, results driven game and if we win the next 3 I will be placated once more, because honestly, for all the hot air, rumour and hearsay around here, winning games is all that matters. 

• Like 1

Â