Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, HeyAnty said:

Nobody can have a balanced debate on Steve Bruce now, think thats the point.  His only redeeming quality was that he got on well with the players and was a good man manger.  WELL that has went down the toilet now to, he int nothing left to give.     

Hold on ! What about about the win ratio ? 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

It was in response to someone saying that all they want is for Villa to be successful, being successful means winning games, I'd be overjoyed if we won the next 3 but it seems as though others would find that joy tempered as it would almost certainly mean SB still being here. 

I.e. Losing and seeing SB sacked is better than winning, which to me seems counter productive. 

You talk about the future as though removal of SB means guranteed success, I wonder what the tone would be if we did remove SB and then hire someone who does worse. 

Not really, I can see the line of thinking: you suffer in the short term so you can gain in the long term. I don't necessarily agree with that, but that doesn't mean that those who hold that view don't want Villa to succeed. That's preposterous.

As for the bolded, obviously I would want us to hire someone even better than Bruce, that goes without saying? By your logic we should never sack anyone ever, because there might be someone worse.

Yes there's a risk that we hire someone who does worse than Bruce but it's reached a point for those who want Bruce gone where now is time to take that risk as it's clear to us that we're going nowhere with him. That's generally how it works when you want to replace a manager. Nobody is 100% certain of success obviously. I feel like you're just arguing for the sake of it now.

3 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

However, football is a fickle, results driven game and if we win the next 3 I will be placated once more, because honestly, for all the hot air, rumour and hearsay around here, winning games is all that matters. 

Bananarama.

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

Not really, I can see the line of thinking: you suffer in the short term so you can gain in the long term. I don't necessarily agree with that, but that doesn't mean that those who hold that view don't want Villa to succeed. That's preposterous.

As for the bolded, obviously I would want us to hire someone even better than Bruce, that goes without saying? By your logic we should never sack anyone ever, because there might be someone worse.

Yes there's a risk that we hire someone who does worse than Bruce but it's reached a point for those who want Bruce gone where now is time to take that risk as it's clear to us that we're going nowhere with him. That's generally how it works when you want to replace a manager. Nobody is 100% certain of success obviously. I feel like you're just arguing for the sake of it now.

No I'm not. 

10 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

So you genuinely think people want Bruce out because they dislike him and not because they think/hope it would improve Villa?

It was tongue in cheek, for the record. 

No, I don't, but I do think that the disliking of SB has clouded the judgements of some people in some situations and references. 

You'd think he's the devil incarnate to hear some go on when in reality he's just a football Manager struggling to get the best out of his team.

I don't think the constant hoping for him to be sacked helps anyone or anything, but what do I know. 

Edited by bannedfromHandV
  • Like 3

25 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Good post. 

I was really glad he stayed before the season started. Keeping him and Grealish I thought, was crucial and I felt we were fortunate for both of those staying, given the summer of disruption we had and the possible lack of any future with the club. Even the final days of the transfer window, we were linked with the French defender and McKenna, I thought "great we're moving on from Terry and replacing him", even though someone like Terry can't be replaced. But given the financial problems we were having Terry coming back was always going to be a no go, more or less, plus his age etc. BUT having missed out on both defenders on the last day and then loaning out Elphick, we are left with Chester and then basically youngsters or Jedinak slotting in at CB. I'm still trying to wrap my head around that.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

You'd think he's the devil incarnate to hear some go on when in reality he's just a football Manager struggling to get the best out of his team.

Nail on the head.

And for the record and based on the previous two seasons I do not see him getting the best out of the team moving forward either.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

No, I don't, but I do think that the disliking of SB has clouded the judgements of some people in some situations and references. 

I don't think the constant hoping for him to be sacked helps anyone or anything, but what do I know. 

I agree completely with the bolded part.  I think he's a good-hearted person of character and warmth.   But this will irritate some.  I think he's struggling and failing to get the best out of his team.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, HeyAnty said:

I did say 'Well if things are to believed'.  You should read the complete post, and no i dont have a video or pictures of our owners looking at or discussing the poll.

Indeed you did, but “things” aren’t to be believed, are they? Why should it be believed when it’s totally unbelievable and farcical at best that our new owners were swayed by an online poll

1 hour ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

Indeed you did, but “things” aren’t to be believed, are they? Why should it be believed when it’s totally unbelievable and farcical at best that our new owners were swayed by an online poll

An online poll of folk that seem content with Brucism!

3 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Disliking of Bruce ? I'm not sure anyone dislikes him apart from his inability to manage Aston Villa well?

And why should people who have little or no faith in him -  Not call for his removal ? Bruce is big enough to take it on the chin after all - he's happy to take the Dollar that goes with the job - as we are constantly told he's been around a long time so I don't think we should worry too much about him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

100%

Tragically I think it's removed some people's ability to enjoy our football matches. 

Not really this season as it hasn't been very good at all yet this season. But last season I honestly think some people didn't enjoy a lot of our games because of their dislike of Bruce. It's quite sad really as we could genuinely go years without a season as good as last season. I hope we don't, but it's about 10 years since we had one as good before that!

• Like 1

Looking at Wales tonight and there playing really well high tempo football and it didn't take Giggs 90 plus games to implement a style 

We have to sack Bruce for the sake of the club even if we don't go up this season if we build a proper football philosophy it stand us in good sted for the future 

Another thing is the Welsh players look like there enjoying there football when I look at villa the players never seem to be enjoying the way they play and to me if you are enjoying what your doing it makes it easier 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

100%

Tragically I think it's removed some people's ability to enjoy our football matches. 

Not really this season as it hasn't been very good at all yet this season. But last season I honestly think some people didn't enjoy a lot of our games because of their dislike of Bruce. It's quite sad really as we could genuinely go years without a season as good as last season. I hope we don't, but it's about 10 years since we had one as good before that!

trust me. I always enjoy it when we play well.  And I always enjoy it when we win.  I am touched by your concern, however.  

Maybe I’m cynical today or drinking a little early, but I’m finding the deep concern for the happiness of us Bruce outers odd since historically, the mockery and derision posted about us has not seemed to carry the same concern for my happiness.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Not really this season as it hasn't been very good at all yet this season. But last season I honestly think some people didn't enjoy a lot of our games because of their dislike of Bruce.

What your saying is, people's abilities to enjoy watching our football matches have been removed but not yet this season as we have been shit, but despite that we don't enjoy a lot of our games because of dislike for Bruce anyway?

Maybe Bruce would be liked if our games would be enjoyable to watch, if we didn't play shit under his management, if he cut the bullshit and excuses and handled players better.

It could be agreed that Bruce has destroyed any fans even wanting to watch us due to the shit he is serving up this season on and off the pitch - a bit like the majority of last season?

But, I guess it's easier to blame the "Bruxiteers" and their inabilities instead huh?.

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

100%

There was a lot to enjoy last season in terms of results. But in terms of seeing good football and enjoyable performances to watch I can count them on one hand.  

I think in life you should be grateful with what you have as it could always be worse. 

I doubt that will apply to the football team you support. If it did then everyone would be happy and we’d never see a manager sacked! 

Al Fans enjoyed certain Games last season. But Results aside how many games made you love Villa and how we played? Unless it’s the result that’s the only thing that matters? 

For the record I’m not talking about myself. Im happy with just results. But for many games last season, even ones we won. I found it very boring and uninspiring to watch. I wouldn’t complain because we won. But I can understand fans wanting more.

• Like 2

Â