Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

15 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

Maybe, but then Bruce has a history of getting promoted...... soooooooo....... 

Great. It wasn't a Bruce vs Bielsa point.

But I should have known we couldn't go two posts without getting a Bruce dig in ?

17 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

Maybe, but then Bruce has a history of getting promoted...... soooooooo....... 

Which has been tarnished considering last season he had the most expensive squad assembled in the Championship and still couldn't get Villa promoted either automatically or through the playoffs.

1 hour ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

What will people do with their time once he’s gone. They’ll have to actually go outside, find a new hobby, or get a girlfriend instead of dripping on about Steve Bruce 24/7.

We can do with the Sunderland message board does and make a Steve Bruce thread every other day tbf.

25 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

You do realise it is different people at different times of day? no one is actually in here 24/7 ? 

Speak for yourself.

Edited by rodders0223
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, striker said:

Which has been tarnished considering last season he had the most expensive squad assembled in the Championship and still couldn't get Villa promoted either automatically or through the playoffs.

He could have had the Barcelona squad with Qatar millions and he would have probably still f**ked it up imo.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Cjay said:

Perhaps.

Or take last seasons 13th placed side who were bottom six of the form table from January, add a left back.

End up top with the 2nd best defence and attack.

Beat Norwich at Carrow Road 3-0 which wasnt matched or bettered last season.

Take 4 points off two of last seasons playoff semi finalists.

Beat pre season money bag favourites.

Shut out a team of giants with a team of midgets. 

And play the best football in the league.

It's only 6 games, calm down :lol: 

Like you say, this team minus 1 or 2 additions is the same one that finished 13th last year. I very much doubt you would have taken many of your players over ours back then. It just goes to show how much a competent manager can transform a team. 

If I were to make a Leeds/Villa XI of the players who started at the weekend and try to keep it as impartial as I possibly can, it would be a 50/50 split, and that's without Bolasie and Abraham in the side yet. and a decimated defence. 

Leaving aside the Leeds United chat for just a second....

Whenever we’ve had poor patches before it’s been suggested he’s lost the dressing room. I’ve never thought he had on those occasions, I’ve always thought the players were on board with him despite everything.

If I’m honest, I’m beginning to wonder whether there’s something in it now. Don’t get me wrong, I think on the whole the players still like and respect him, but I’m wondering whether they may have lost some belief in him.

3 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Write a letter of complaint then instead of telling us again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again.

And again.

We're not all willing to bury our head in the sand digging deeper and deeper and deeper and deeper. Praying for miracles and behaving like everything is ok.

Bruce will continue to receive stick until he's either sacked or actually delivers and rightly so my money is on the former.

I find it amusing how some fans have become so accepting of failure. 

We really have been dragged down to his level.

• Like 3

When I think of Steve Bruce I'm picturing an evil plotting character with dark rings round his eyes cackling and plotting our downfall to line his own pockets.....

Well I do now after reading this thread.

Honestly the man has had a bad start to the season after a very difficult summer.

We were very close last season and we will be again...... if not he will go well before. I worry about our fans sometimes no wonder we are a laughing stock despite our numbers.......

1 minute ago, MarkLillis said:

When I think of Steve Bruce I'm picturing an evil plotting character with dark rings round his eyes cackling and plotting our downfall to line his own pockets.....

You're doing well chap and summed it to a tee so far ...keep going.     :D

13 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

We're not all willing to bury our head in the sand digging deeper and deeper and deeper and deeper. Praying for miracles and behaving like everything is ok.

Bruce will continue to receive stick until he's either sacked or actually delivers and rightly so my money is on the former.

I find it amusing how some fans have become so accepting of failure. 

We really have been dragged down to his level.

Absolutely not, you fine human beings, so enraged and disgusted at the situation write countless posts on a fan forum instead, achieving the sum total of what exactly?

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Leaving aside the Leeds United chat for just a second....

Whenever we’ve had poor patches before it’s been suggested he’s lost the dressing room. I’ve never thought he had on those occasions, I’ve always thought the players were on board with him despite everything.

If I’m honest, I’m beginning to wonder whether there’s something in it now. Don’t get me wrong, I think on the whole the players still like and respect him, but I’m wondering whether they may have lost some belief in him.

If he's tried to force Adomah out I can imagine that will upset the squad, quite a lot.

He won players player of the year last season (I think) which means he's well liked and well respected in the group, forcing him out or trying to do so may well end up seeing SB leave, whether directly or indirectly.

The only time I really wanted him gone was after the 3-0 defeat to Cardiff last season when, as you say, I felt like he'd lost the dressing room, that turned out to be a false dawn, for the sake of our season I hope it's the same again.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

18 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

If he's tried to force Adomah out I can imagine that will upset the squad, quite a lot.

He won players player of the year last season (I think) which means he's well liked and well respected in the group, forcing him out or trying to do so may well end up seeing SB leave, whether directly or indirectly.

The only time I really wanted him gone was after the 3-0 defeat to Cardiff last season when, as you say, I felt like he'd lost the dressing room, that turned out to be a false dawn, for the sake of our season I hope it's the same again.

It hopefully will prove to be a false dawn again. It’s difficult for me to articulate, we’ve been on worse runs with Bruce than this current one, but something feels off about the atmosphere surrounding this one. Maybe it’s simply because it’s the most recent bad run.

If he has lost the dressing room, in a funny way I think I’d prefer it if it was something tangible like the Adomah situation (if that is indeed the case) rather than the players have just stopped believing in him. The latter would be harder to rectify, if he should remain in the job.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Great. It wasn't a Bruce vs Bielsa point.

But I should have known we couldn't go two posts without getting a Bruce dig in ?

I was making the point that past performance is no indication of future performance. The additional Bruce dig was just a happy bonus. ?

1 hour ago, striker said:

yes, that was kind of the point...... Bruce didn't live up to his reputation and history, so why do we assume Biesla will?

38 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

It hopefully will prove to be a false dawn again. It’s difficult for me to articulate, we’ve been on worse runs with Bruce than this current one, but something feels off about the atmosphere surrounding this one. Maybe it’s simply because it’s the most recent bad run.

If he has lost the dressing room, in a funny way I think I’d prefer it if it was something tangible like the Adomah situation (if that is indeed the case) rather than the players have just stopped believing in him. The latter would be harder to rectify, if he should remain in the job.

I agree, this time does feel different for some reason, the Adomah thing could be seen internally as a betrayal of trust and I get the feeling thay SB relies on trust quite heavily. Of course it could all be a mountain out of a molehill but time will tell. 

I just want Villa to do well and by extension of that, for SB to do well. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MarkLillis said:

Well I do now after reading this thread.

Honestly the man has had a bad start to the season after a very difficult summer.

We were very close last season and we will be again...... if not he will go well before. I worry about our fans sometimes no wonder we are a laughing stock despite our numbers.......

In the future, when you think of Steve Bruce, just picture a rusting skip, tell me if that doesn't remind you of Bruce's football ?

Â