Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

I blame bruce but how can people let the players escape from punishment?? They were pathetic and I have no problem with bruce speaking the truth here. They were absolutely pathetic and didn't care in the slightest about yesterday's game

Quite simply cus they are his signings, he's picked them, and is that one that should have them motivated and fighting for their lives.

I don't disagree though, they players were/are abysmal.

• Like 1

“Obviously I am right that they shouldn’t be. They've let me down and themselves and the supporters."

....and all of this coupled with the above arrogance and failure to accept or be accountable for the fact that he signed these fcuking players. Unbelievable. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Bruce said the performance made him feel physically sick. 

Hopefully it confirmed that the second string isn’t good enough and he buys some defenders by the end of the week. 

Because that's what he does isn't. Buy . Doesn't work out. Buy. Doesn't work out. Now what ! Oh yeah , bu...No Steve. Get gone. The man is a terrible coach. I'm not even excited by the new signings anymore. What's the point.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, vreitti said:

Quite simply cus they are his signings, he's picked them, and is that one that should have them motivated and fighting for their lives.

I don't disagree though, they players were/are abysmal.

The thing is I accept Bruce is to blame but I am not letting the players off the hook either as a lot of people have. The players were a disgrace in two cup games, a host of those players should be shot of. Adomah, elphick, lansbury taylor. All four can go for me, useless and not good enough.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Hang on now. Has anyone actually read what bruce said??

He said i have to take responsibility for choosing the team and take the flack. But also said they were basically rubbish which they were.

I blame bruce but how can people let the players escape from punishment?? They were pathetic and I have no problem with bruce speaking the truth here. They were absolutely pathetic and didn't care in the slightest about yesterday's game

100% - people often cannot look past their dislike of bruce and refuse to blame the players. i didnt see the game, but the team we had set up should have been strong enough to beat burton. what's he supposed to say? we were unlucky? didnt have the rub of the green? dodgy ref? or any other cliche that many managers spout when the reality is that the players didnt do the job that they're paid handsomely to do. so agree, if they were indeed shite, i have no problem with him publicly stating that...fortunately we wont see many of those players again this season

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

No win in 4, and when you consider the opposition it becomes worrying; Brentford, Ipswich, Reading and Burton. Whats more, I think we have a couple of difficult games coming up. 

Exactly this - I could easily have said this also - it proves the point ??

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tomav84 said:

100% - people often cannot look past their dislike of bruce and refuse to blame the players. i didnt see the game, but the team we had set up should have been strong enough to beat burton. what's he supposed to say? we were unlucky? didnt have the rub of the green? dodgy ref? or any other cliche that many managers spout when the reality is that the players didnt do the job that they're paid handsomely to do. so agree, if they were indeed shite, i have no problem with him publicly stating that...fortunately we wont see many of those players again this season

Exactly, what wa she going to say. We were unlucky tonight? we did well? He was honest they were crap, apologised to the fans and said they wont be playing on weekend and rightly so. They were a disgrace 

18 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Because that's what he does isn't. Buy . Doesn't work out. Buy. Doesn't work out. Now what ! Oh yeah , bu...No Steve. Get gone. The man is a terrible coach. I'm not even excited by the new signings anymore. What's the point.

I get all that but we’re not about to get a new manager in the next few days. So whether it’s  Bruce or someone else at the club, get some bloody defenders in!!

Say what you like about the players, you're probably right, but a manager ultimately takes responsibility for team performance's, good and bad.

Once again we've looked like a team devoid of all motivation. These performance's don't make any sense whatsoever, when we're being continually told how united the dressing room is. And for the manager to come out and castigate the players' like he did. Something is definitely amiss.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

He could have said, I’ve been here almost two years and know almost all of the players well who played tonight. In that time I have failed to instil a culture and game plan throughout the entire squad, so that whoever plays, they know their roles and what I expect from them. Good players don’t seem to know what they’re doing, because I haven’t succeeded in developing a good successful team and got the best out of them collectively. I take full responsibility for this expensively assembled shambles. 

Instead he said, nothing to do with me guv. 

Didn't he just ?

38 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

The interview transcript reads very strangely indeed: 

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/i-take-full-responsibility-every-15084017

He mentions multiple times that he was giving these players ‘who knock down his door’ a chance. And then he says they’re not good enough. He assumed they’d bottle it.

We’re seeing his relationship with Elphick writ large with the entire squad here. Despite claims to the contrary, he is deflecting  criticism of his tactics and man management by blaming the players. Is it more likely that 11 players are at fault or one manager who is meant to instruct those players? 

What he’s saying is: ‘Kodj, Jack and my favourites have saved you lot in the past. Lansbury, Elphick, Adomah, RDL: you’re not good enough. Not only has he lost them, it will create a toxic resentment against those who are his favoured few. 

Last season son he hid behind the motivating abilities of Snodders and JT. With them around, he probably could just say ‘go play’ and those two would gee up their team mates. It’s the classic 90s player approach - the ‘senior pros’ getting ‘stuck in’ at half time. Steve now looks increasingly isolated and ineffectual. 

He gets a game or three more and then goes. 

This is a good post and does not smack of good management. I don't think he has helped himself here

Players are not stupid and will be talking to one another behind the scenes. What happens now to any of these who end up on the bench and have to come on?

In any form of management in any industry if your manager gives you a public bollocking you go into a shell. The relationship falls down, you only do the bare minimum and you dont go the extra mile. Thats basic man management.

He could be applauded for being so frank and open....on the other hand it could back fire on him big time. Time will tell !!!

1 minute ago, sheepyvillian said:

Say what you like about the players, you're probably right, but a manager ultimately takes responsibility for team performance's, good and bad.

Yep.

I've never been one for blaming the players. They can share some of the blame, but ultimately the motivation of the players is down to the manager.

If things don't improve then Bruce will rightly take the blame.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

The interview transcript reads very strangely indeed: 

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/i-take-full-responsibility-every-15084017

He mentions multiple times that he was giving these players ‘who knock down his door’ a chance. And then he says they’re not good enough. He assumed they’d bottle it.

Yep cause all the folk knocking on his door are not even his signings so no wonder he don't rate thrn or play them!

...oh wait?

• Like 3

Â