Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, DaveAV1 said:

I’m not sure if it’s been mentioned, but he’s been promoted four, yes four times before!

Four? That's incredible. I didn't know that. You would think it would get mentioned more often.

:ph34r:

• Haha 2

It really concerns me that after 2 years here his best 4 players are from before he joined. It shows how shit his signings have been in the main.

Tonight it was pretty much all his signings in the team, so he has no excuses. Its not like it was the youth team.

He's had 7 games this season and its the same old rubbish being served up, really is time to go.. i cant stand much more of this, its like a prison sentence with this man in charge. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, mikeyjavfc said:

I hate to disappoint people but Bruce is not one loss away from the sack. Not even close. The owners statement called for stability and sustainability and have already played up the difficulty of the league and the likelihood of ‘up and downs’ (which suggest to me downplaying of promotion chances). Bruce is their man to deliver these things in the short term. A Tony Xia style early sacking of RDM is not on the cards, especially not while we sit in 4th place and have no CEO.

How many owners come into a club and say well, the manager is here until we sort out everything behind the scenes, we don't really rate him to be fair.

In that very same statement about ups and down, they acknowledged that "the quality of the championship had increased and continues to do so over the years".

That suggests that they are aware that the team, manager, and whole club will need to improve just to stay still, and will act accordingly.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tomaszk said:

That can work OK. See Martin O'Neill/Alex Ferguson.

But you have to bring strength in other areas. Tactical, motivational, some vision to build a side/get them to play in a style you believe in.

Bruce has nothing. Literally nothing. He's done nothing positive at this club that any other manager who isn't a carcrash could've done. 

Our squad last year was good enough to win the league and we played like dirt nearly all season long. How we didn't get up is unbelievable.

Him and Neil Warnock got their jobs in the same week. Look at the difference in the directions the clubs have gone.

He invents problems that aren't there to save his own arse. His creation last year of hysterical fans (when we were in disgusting form) sticks in my graw. Until this season, he and the team had nothing but support from every fan at games. I look forward to his "they never accepted me because I came from Blues" interviews.

Can you post this on the Facebook groups that have daily posts complaining about Bruce detractors

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Dick said:

Have we had any "team b lost to team c, should they sack their manager?" posts yet? It's regularly used as a Bruce defence 

Yes, two pages ago. Someone said Leeds weren't calling for their managers head......

which is just a ridiculous comparison as he has his side winning, looking convincing and flying high after just a few games, whereas we are still showing the same lack of a clue after nearly 100 games, four transfer windows and two pre-seasons under our manager, so yeah, it's clearly a direct comparison.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

Can you post this on the Facebook groups that have daily posts complaining about Bruce detractors

Tell me about it, Facebook Group Villa fans makes me want to dive head first into a marble floor.

Some people proper seem to love Bruce more than the club ffs.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Junxs said:

It really concerns me that after 2 years here his best 4 players are from before he joined. It shows how shit his signings have been in the main.

Tonight it was pretty much all his signings in the team, so he has no excuses. Its not like it was the youth team.

Hourihane, Elmo, and Thor have been good signings. McGinn, El Ghazi and Bolasie this season look like excellent signings. Snodgrass, Terry and Johnstone from last year were excellent too.

He's made some good signings and some bad ones like all managers. The crucial thing is we have a good squad minus 1 or 2 crucial holes. There are plenty of other things to get on him about.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, USA_Villa said:

I'm tired of:

• Crap football (Hoof ball)
  • One man upfront
  • Continually adding new signings - When it doesn't work just get another player on loan
  • Not giving youth a fair chance - Brentford had 2 x CB's that were both 20 and an overall average age of 23 when they played us
  • No pattern of play  - We have a formation, but that's about it
  • People being played out of position
  • The same crap excuses after a loss
  • Watching my team look ordinary - Which is very depressing
  • Waiting for someone to perform some magic on the pitch - Otherwise we don't score
  • Watching a team of individuals
  • Steve Bruce - Full Stop

As you allude, all the previous points may get resolved by terminating the contract of the occupier of the final point.

However, I don't see that happening until NSWE install their CEO, who I assume will be a "proper football man" who will bring in a "proper management team" from him downwards, rather than the chancers, charlatans, losers, ne'er-do-wells, dinosaurs we have had foisted upon us for the last decade.

Oi, NSWE,

giphy.gif

8 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Good lord I'm not on Facebook. Got off that years ago. 

Football chat is much better on here. Even people I don't agree with can rite propa round these parts.

33 minutes ago, Junxs said:

He's had 7 games this season and its the same old rubbish being served up, really is time to go.. i cant stand much more of this, its like a prison sentence with this man in charge. 

Now that just isn’t true! We had a good spell for around 60 minutes against Brentford. 

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Hourihane, Elmo, and Thor have been good signings. McGinn, El Ghazi and Bolasie this season look like excellent signings. Snodgrass, Terry and Johnstone from last year were excellent too.

He's made some good signings and some bad ones like all managers. The crucial thing is we have a good squad minus 1 or 2 crucial holes. There are plenty of other things to get on him about.

Hourihane, Elmo, and Thor have been decent, not great - but not a single one of them has made the position their own, so you cant argue they were that good signings on that basis. Hourihane is out of the team, Thor hardly plays, and Elmo was in and out last season is is only in the team currently until the new wingers are bedded in.

Bolasie hasnt even kicked a ball for us so to claim him as an excellent signing is just ridiculous, personally I have never been impressed by him (all he does is cut inside and shoot), but lets see - cant judge either way yet. 

Johnstone was very poor to begin with then went on to be OK in the 2nd season, but no better than the average championship keeper. 

Terry was a season loan in effect who was funded by selling Nathan Baker, we are now feeling the effects of not having a decent partner for Chester because of that decision. (Not Baker necessarily but a full time replacement could have been brought in for those funds)

Snodgrass was excellent, I give you that, but again a loan signing for a quick fix rather than a long term solution. 

So the jury is still out for me, and I stand by what I said.. tonight was very much his signings that were brought in to be first team regulars and looked awful

• Like 1

This is it isn’t it? It’s early enough to replace him and still have a stab at it? The claim for “best man for the job” is surely hollow now, as he can’t do it with the most resources in the league? The other club-carrier Warnock has showed Steve is even an inferior caveman?

If now is not right, what possible scenario or performance or sequence of events can provoke a change with so much now at stake?

Bruce isn’t the answer, he is a manager from a different era. Even if we went up we would need new management, may as well start now

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Image may contain: text

Image may contain: text

Note: MODS these are screenshots from Facebook so no links. Don't shoot the messenger please. :)

Just need a screenshot of @realbrianlittle saying "Time to pull the chain and flush" #havingaword

• Haha 2

No doubt that Steve Bruce is not the manager for us, however with our history of managers, how can we be sure that the next one will get it right?

We really need to get it right. We need a manager who can at least get the basics ( Players in the correct positions, with a balanced focus on attack and defence, and no more bloody hoofball!), someone who can motivate, reinspire lost confidence, and provide all the tools for young players to grow. This is so not Bruce.

If we do go for a new manager, I am all for it as long as it isn't a rehash of previous mistakes. Lets not settle for someone simply that their criteria is that they are available, and /or that they are a "big" name. Whoever is making the decision, will it kill them if they do a little research?

Not Moronho or Moyes either. God help us if either of those clowns join our circus.

Edited by AJ

I'm totally sick of this clueless dinosaur. Many other managers have moved to clubs at our level and got their ideas and style across very quickly, because they actually coach players. We have NO style of play, and he's been here nearly 2 years for **** sake! It doesn't matter what players we bring in, it'll still be the same old shite. No-one can defend this prat any longer, he doesn't coach players, he blames everyone but himself, he's had resources most would dream of yet continues to **** up churning out this dogshit hoofball. It's literally playground stuff, picks players at random and says go out and play lads. Shambles. I'm utterly sick of it, he HAS to be in borrowed time. He should have gone in the summer, it's a **** joke that he's still here. Every day he's here is wasted. I cannot wait till the day he leaves. **** off Bruce you clueless clearing in the woods. 

• Like 4

Â