Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

16 hours ago, Zatman said:

So lads have you heard of Sebastian Larsson, Abel Hernandez and Dean Marney

They will take us up

Well at least mr. Larsson is busy helping AIK win Allsvenskan as it stands, bless his soul.

5 hours ago, PussEKatt said:

The thing is that he knows the English game.He knows the Championship and he knows the players and who to go after.Which other manager could do any better when you take into consideration our TINY transfer budget !?

Maybe Henry next season but certainly not this term.

It didn’t do us much good with a budget that dwarfed other teams, the chances of him doing it on a small budget are even slimmer.

I would rather us try a different approach. We gave tried and trusted a go and it failed!

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

I think he will keep his job, just a feeling nothing more.

and me, think they will want stability 

i actually think it would be incredibly brave and take some big bollocks for them to sack him knowing that the shitty end of the foreign owner stick will be waved at them by Bruce's mates

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jacketspuds said:

Would be cheaper to try to bring in a manager who can play to the strengths of the existing squad, as opposed to giving Bruce more money to spend inconsistently. If someone can get the best out of Hogan and Kodjia, we would have such a strong strike-force next season.

I do wonder what that play style / formation would look like. Brentford was known to play 5-3-2 with Hogan. I can see how we have the players for that. Have those two wing backs push up to make it a 3-5-2 as needed. My worry would be the central three defenders, they are adjusting in pre season already but I feel there is a long way to go. For me Alan Hutton is one of my favourite players but he does not look that comfortable in that back three yet. He always wants to get forward (which is why I like him) but that can be disastrous in his new position. 

• Like 1

I am fairly Bruce neutral tbh but I think the rumour that we didn't spend last summer needs to be put to bed. Although we didn't spend a lot on transfer fees, I guess the wages for Terry, Elmo, Snodgrass, and Whelan was a fair chunk. Plus we spent a colossal (waste?) amount of money in the January before that under Bruce, Round, and Wyness. 

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I am fairly Bruce neutral tbh but I think the rumour that we didn't spend last summer needs to be put to bed. Although we didn't spend a lot on transfer fees, I guess the wages for Terry, Elmo, Snodgrass, and Whelan was a fair chunk. Plus we spent a colossal (waste?) amount of money in the January before that under Bruce, Round, and Wyness. 

I think this is what winds a lot of people up about Bruce. He needs to stop acting like it was an impossible job. He spent 20+ million, was able to offer wages other clubs could only dream of and a squad that already had Kodija, Chester, Jedinak, Adomah and probably the best player in the league. 

However I would say he was very unlucky to lose Grealish and Kodija. 

• Like 1

On the fence here about Bruce. I don't like his style of play and it only changes accidentally  if he has injuries. For that reason I would be happy with a change 

But I also listen to ALL the money he has spent. Did he spend loads of money ?. Or was it spent before he got here. ?

Edited by Robtaylor200

32 minutes ago, Robtaylor200 said:

On the fence here about Bruce. I don't like his style of play and it only changes accidentally  if he has injuries. For that reason I would be happy with a change 

But I also listen to ALL the money he has spent. Did he spend loads of money ?. Or was it spent before he got here. ?

both IMO he's spent more than a fair bit increasing what was already a good squad

the biggest problem with the signings for me is that he has made hogan, lansbury, bree, thor, ok they were only loans but axel and onomah too he either doesnt play them or seemingly doesnt know where to play them and thats before you look at the actual footballing ability of his signings (taylor and elmo are utter dog shit)

i dont want him to get his hands on a transfer kitty, definitely not a PL one

Â