Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

3 hours ago, flashingqwerty said:

well perhaps not half as good is an exaggeration.

But we dont have a great record of bringing quality in at low cost, and unless something unexpected happens financially the current facts are that the wage bill needs to be halved to keep us away from FFP.

So to say that the squad will be weaker next season is pretty much guaranteed should we still be in the championship.  And with the funds the relegated teams will have, competeing will be even more difficult.

Wouldn't disagree with most of that but what you haven't factored in is the potential emergence of our youth prospects, who have done very very well this year in their respective competitions.

The likes of RHM, O'Hare, Suliman, for all we know one or more of them could make that step up next season.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Wouldn't disagree with most of that but what you haven't factored in is the potential emergence of our youth prospects, who have done very very well this year in their respective competitions.

The likes of RHM, O'Hare, Suliman, for all we know one or more of them could make that step up next season.

have you seen much of any of them playing regularly? Have you seen them regularly against the physical sides we face 2/3 times a week?

If they were good enough to step up we would have seen more of them this season than we have done.

And i have watched them in the u23s quite a lot, and whilst they show promise, i doubt very much that any of them are capable of more than 10 games next season at a decent level.  They arent ready to be regulars, and we need morethan squad players.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Dave J said:

Like I say all opinions welcome - for me after the best part of two season with the resource he has had - I'm afraid his position would be untenable unless we are promoted 

what resources Dave?

specifically what do you mean?

He has spent over 10 mill on one player that has turned out, not to our expectation....so where is the other resource you talk about?

Edited by TRO

3 hours ago, flashingqwerty said:

have you seen much of any of them playing regularly? Have you seen them regularly against the physical sides we face 2/3 times a week?

If they were good enough to step up we would have seen more of them this season than we have done.

And i have watched them in the u23s quite a lot, and whilst they show promise, i doubt very much that any of them are capable of more than 10 games next season at a decent level.  They arent ready to be regulars, and we need morethan squad players.

quite right......No they are not.

1 hour ago, TRO said:

what resources Dave?

specifically what do you mean?

He has spent over 10 mill on one player that has turned out, not to our expectation....so where is the other resource you talk about?

TRO - I genuinely respect pretty much everything you post - I would say in my view you are the most balanced poster that I read - but come on TRO - we're not just talking transfer fees we are also taking signing on fees, wages etc - I think 90% of championship managers would give their right arm for what Bruce has had  imo 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Dave J said:

TRO - I genuinely respect pretty much everything you post - I would say in my view you are the most balanced poster that I read - but come on TRO - we're not just talking transfer fees we are also taking signing on fees, wages etc - I think 90% of championship managers would give their right arm for what Bruce has had  imo 

So only 10%, (2 or 3 teams),  should beat him .....oh......look ........:)

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Seems bruce is again having issues in his personal life hence why calderwppd has been more involved recently

Not surprising if his Mom's condition hasn't gotten better, or worse has deteriorated. 

2 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Sadly his  mum passed away at 4-10 this morning .

Awful to lose both parents in such a short period of time  ,  thoughts and condolences to Steve and his family .

That's absolutely tragic. Unbelievable 

My heart goes out to the bruce family during this horrific  time. =(

• Like 2

So Sad.   Condolences to Steve and his family.   Let's get through these Play Offs now to cheer him up a little although  nothing makes up for losing your parents 

That is just awful.  The poor guy.  Heart goes out to him.  Makes Sunday's game even more meaningless.  I'd give him the day off tbqh although I know he wouldn't take it.

• Like 1

Â