Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

6 minutes ago, villarocker said:

Having said the above, the stats mentioned during the game said it all. Since Feb of 2017 Villa have lost 0 and drawn 3 of games we have taken the lead in.

The full stat was twenty two games, nineteen wins, three draws and no loses. 

Edited by Morley_crosses_to_Withe
  • Like 1

Still got weaknesses but that was a very comfortable win. Well done. Is Agnew behind the better football? We seem to be more compact with and without the ball so are better in transition. Still a work in progress but it’s very encouraging. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, vreitti said:

Impressive  and important result. Wasn't expecting a win. Didn't see the game either, but by the sounds of it, Bruce has done really well tonight. 

To be fair he has done well since Boro. Team selections and tactics have been spot on. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 2

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

To be fair he has done well since Boro. Team selections and tactics have been spot on. 

Agreed. Let's hope he keeps it up, cus we really can't afford another bad run.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

Bruce is a good Championship manager. A poor PL manager

What league are we in again?

edit: sorry that was a bit snappy. I agree with you. But we don’t need him to be a good PL manager. We just need him to get us there. 

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, briny_ear said:

Give it a break, pal. There’s a match on at the moment. Why not follow that instead of obsessing about Steve Bruce?

Not surprisingly I was actually a little bored at the time and wondered what others might be thinking.

And I say again I do believe you were being rude in your op- 

happy we won - but still boring to watch, not obsessed at all - just don't like him or his style of play and this is the place to vent these thoughts 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Since we are currently in the Championship, only the first clause of the sentence matters.

Well no you are absolutely wrong imo - if this guy drags us kicking and screaming into the prem - we are then stuck with him and his inabilities to progress a team in the prem imo - so it does  matter - if you don't acknowledge this - then fair enough that is your right 

5 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Got it spot on tonight. I saw some beforehand were criticising Terry coming straight back in, but he knew what he was doing bringing him in. We were very comfortable tonight. Well done Mr Bruce

I was in the critic camp but it worked out well. Would have been major shit on the face had he scored too. ^_^

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

What league are we in again?

edit: sorry that was a bit snappy. I agree with you. But we don’t need him to be a good PL manager. We just need him to get us there. 

What!!! So if he gets us there - is he leaving ? No of course he is not - so we then have to put up with him for another season of turgid football which I fully expect would oversee a return to the championship.

He's clearly not going anywhere- I agree this much - but it's going to be as boring as hell.

hope you enjoy it Stevo - I don't 

Â