Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

51 minutes ago, omariqy said:

I'd like to see one example of him saying what a good quality squad he has or how we have an expensively assembled squad or even mention the calibre of players we have. 

October 24th 2017:

Bruce added: “The strength of the squad has got us to where we are in the league. We’ve been able to cope and that’s the beauty of having a strong squad. You need it.

(Link: https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/aston-villa/2017/10/24/steve-bruce-tells-aston-villa-fringe-players-to-be-ready-after-hailing-squad-strength/)

November 19th 2017:

"Bruce has turned the Villans’ fortunes around in the space of a year and he said: “I think we’re far better. There’s a better spirit, a better attitude amongst them, we’ve got a bigger hunger and a bigger desire to achieve. The squad is far, far better in my opinion than it was 12 months ago."

(Link: https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/881366/Aston-Villa-QPR-Steve-Bruce-Terrific-Form-EFL-Championship)

It took one Google search.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, vreitti said:

Better performances. Promotion.

OK, so every interview he gives from now on should be him saying "this isn't good enough and won't be good enough unless we're promoted".  I get it.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, vreitti said:

Wasn't it like an hour ago? 

I actually used to love these prematch interviews, it always got me excited for the weekend and the upcoming games. Nowadays (under Bruce) it mostly gets me upset and depressed. He just isn't likable. Too much talking, mainly excuses, and not enough action. 

Look i will be the first to say and endorce you are entitled to your opinion and your opinion is important in the whole scheme.

I think, ( just my opinion) he has taken so much criticism, he is getting too pre occupied in feeling he has to defend himself......what comes first the chicken or the egg?

We have to take responsibility for the LEVEL of criticism.....It will end up helping to undo our season.

Our competitors must be rubbing  their hands.

I think some of the criticism is unprecedented and are moving towards designing our own fate.

We need to stop it now, or we are in danger of being the architects of our own demise.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, vreitti said:

Of course they have. My point was we'd probably be in league one if it wasn't for what Bruce inherited, which also is a major factor in keeping our net spend on the negative.

Yep your absolutely right there.  Rdm wasted money in some right shit 

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, omariqy said:

My position with Bruce has been pretty clear I think. He was probably my first choice when RDM was sacked. I expected it to not be pretty at times. I did expect better last season though than 13th. The way we fell away in January really scared me and I feared for us. I would have probably looked elsewhere in the Summer and after the Brentford game but fair play he has done well since. I was worried about how we played against the better teams especially after December and I did not for one minute expect what happened in the Bristol game or for us to beat Boro. For now I am happy to let him have a go for the rest of the season. It would be stupid to sack him especially with Agnew now in. I still worry whether he can consistently achieve what we need for the rest of the season. 

I'd agree with that (apart from him being my first choice).  The only thing that gives me hope is that we have to play all the clubs around us at home.  We blitzed Bristol City and blitzed Sheffield United early on too before some individual brain farts.  If we manage to beat Derby and Cardiff, it's game on.

14 minutes ago, bobzy said:

OK, so every interview he gives from now on should be him saying "this isn't good enough and won't be good enough unless we're promoted".  I get it.

Yes, that'd actually be quite refreshing.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I'm happy with Bruce yeah we've had a bad spell so far this season but that is expected considering all the changes in the squad. All i can see is progression from last season. Bruce and the team deserve our support 100 %

It's just a tragedy that they won't get it.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, DCJonah said:

I imagine he spins his situation so that friends in the media and fans will share this type of opinion. 

No,I haven’t decided that from what Steve has said.Without knowing what the actual financial situation regarding FFP if I’m being honest, I have come to this conclusion myself and understand if others don’t see it that way.

I think it’s a fair reflection on his situation.

39 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

Behave yourself. 

I am proud to be a Villa fan, however I am not proud of the sh*t that I am seeing on the pitch under the guise of "management" and "leadership" from Steve Bruce.

If I want to criticise what I am seeing, I will. Smug comments from people like you will not stop that.

I will support our team through thick and thin, if they put in a decent performance but lose I will still be proud of them, but I cannot and will not be proud of a lacklustre manager who serves up mostly (I put that word in so that people  don't say "but but Bristol") abject poor performances with a team that should be coasting this league, and then produces excuse laden interview after interview.

Start producing decent performances, get us in the AUTOMATIC promotion places (not d*cking around 5-6th place) and i will start to support him. UNTIL THEN he will continue to receive the criticism he deserves.

What I hate to see as a Villa fan is other  called "Villa" fans so acceptive of this mediocrity, and willing to make or accept so many excuses for our failures. That really is shocking and disappointing.

While I agree with your post I do not think the section of fans that started booing passes back to the keeper will help our cause. (As an example).

Criticism of the manager on a forum is one thing. Toxic atmosphere towards him at the ground is another. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

While I agree with your post I do not think the section of fans that started booing passes back to the keeper will help our cause. (As an example).

Criticism of the manager on a forum is one thing. Toxic atmosphere towards him at the ground is another. 

I'm not saying it is right but when that is most of the play I can understand why they started booing.

Just now, Jareth said:

I remember about 500 pages ago - Bruce was literally on the verge of being sacked. I wonder where we'll be in another 500 pages time....

Hopefully I'll be dead, so I don't have to read the same stuff. 

Â