Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

39 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

My current thoughts - 

2) If we were to sack if he gets us promoted, what decent manager is going to want to work for a boss and fans like that?

I fully expect us to part company with Bruce if we get promoted this season. Tony is a man with money behind him, a vision, a plan (which I'm sure doesn't involve Bruce after this season), and he's in a hurry. Who would want to work for such a boss? You wouldn't find many that would turn their noses up, I don't think.

Just now, Xela said:

We've had three good league wins on the spin, not conceding a goal and scoring seven. Two tough away games and thrashing a team above us at VP. Yet I still see loads of negativity. Makes me think that people just like moaning more than anything else! 

That, and arguing for the sake of it.

Even sometimes about points not having been made, actively misunderstanding the meaning of posts and focusing on some minor insignificant detail just to be able to rant about something.

Nothing endemic to VT thou, you'll find it in any forum about any topic.

We're doing fine now.

Happy days.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, av1 said:

Agree 100%.

I've been as vocal as anyone in this thread that i want Bruce gone but that doesn't stop me giving praise where its due. 

I'd happily see him sacked tomorrow but today he got it right, fair play to him. 

Second that as I have no more likes left.

I believe consistancy and sustainability is what are key moving forward.

If Bruce did this, keep the good run we have going and cut out the daft interview digs then there is no reason why he cannot secure us automatic promotion.

Everyone knows I can't stand the guy and he frustrates the **** out of me, but the more he gets the wins and 3 points then not much can be said that has not already.

I tell myself if it gets us promoted automatically and he is then relieved of his duties at the end of the season then I will try my hardest to bite my lip.

17 minutes ago, Xela said:

We've had three good league wins on the spin, not conceding a goal and scoring seven. Two tough away games and thrashing a team above us at VP. Yet I still see loads of negativity. Makes me think that people just like moaning more than anything else! 

To be fair Xela I have too not seen much of negative critism compared to some weeks in here where it really has gone off.

Tonight is quite peaceful if you will.  :)

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

100%

0%

No-one anti-Bruce on here wants to see Villa fail "just to be right". In fact no-one on here wants to see Villa fail at all. 

Please stop with this rubbish. 

Now, today's game. Well organised and a good result. Credit where it is due, another good result. We looked confident today - this is what we want to see. A good foundation. If we continue to build on it, then we will not have any complaints.

*edit* I don't speak for the twitterati. If you pay any attention to that rabble you deserve all you get! :-)

Edited by TheStagMan
  • Thanks 2

50 minutes ago, vreitti said:

Keep reading this every other day on here, and it winds me up every time. None want to see us fail, regardless of what we think about the manager. It just isn't true. Really feels like a poor, under the belt punch, just because everyone isn't of the same opinion regarding Bruce.

Found the section of fans they keep referring to:

Image result for birmingham city fans

:ph34r:

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

0%

No-one anti-Bruce on here wants to see Villa fail "just to be right". In fact no-one on here wants to see Villa fail at all. 

Please stop with this rubbish. 

Now, today's game. Well organised and a good result. Credit where it is due, another good result. We looked confident today - this is what we want to see. A good foundation. If we continue to build on it, then we will not have any complaints.

Absolutely and couldn't agree more Stag.

If Bruce can find a formula of positive football that gets us results then we will quite comfortably push for 2nd place.

Good post. :thumb:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dave J said:

I want us promoted but at the final whistle when this is/if  secured  can we shake his hand - give him his cheque and say cheerio ?

This was always the plan for me. Wyness has said multiple times we need a team to go up, a team to stay up and a team to push forward. They've budgeted for this. This is the plan.

I don't really see why people think Bruce will be manager if he gets us up. It's always looked like get us up, here is a big fat brown envelope thanks for everything enjoy the sun. 

3 minutes ago, villan_007 said:

This was always the plan for me. Wyness has said multiple times we need a team to go up, a team to stay up and a team to push forward. They've budgeted for this. This is the plan.

I don't really see why people think Bruce will be manager if he gets us up. It's always looked like get us up, here is a big fat brown envelope thanks for everything enjoy the sun. 

Exactly Villan pretty much the way I see it too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dave J said:

TRO - just say it - you love guy right? :-))

I've always liked him Dave right back to when he was a defender with Norwich.....and my opinion of him has never changed.....I like his down to earth approach , no side, no prima donna attitude.

like any of our managers, there are moments i scratch my head.....but overall they are our managers and while they are employed by Aston Villa, they will get my support.

• Like 1

I have explicitly said in this thread, countless times, that I don’t particularly like Bruce as manager and think he is underperforming.

However, I do tend to defend him from the frankly utter bollocks that is thrown at him in this thread. The criticism of everything he does is incredible so I tend to play Devil’s advocate. 

It is actually possible to acknowledge Bruce’s weaknesses and also realise that he’s doing ok and not everything he does is terrible. 

You wouldn’t think it from this thread I guess.

Where i differ.....I do like him......much more than i rate him, but he is doing an ok job imo.

I also think he is popular with his players and peers.

I have explicitly said in this thread, countless times, that I don’t particularly like Bruce as manager and think he is underperforming.

However, I do tend to defend him from the frankly utter bollocks that is thrown at him in this thread. The criticism of everything he does is incredible so I tend to play Devil’s advocate. 

It is actually possible to acknowledge Bruce’s weaknesses and also realise that he’s doing ok and not everything he does is terrible. 

You wouldn’t think it from this thread I guess.

I think really any objective observer would have to concede that Bruce is doing a bit better than “OK”?

16 minutes ago, TRO said:

Careful, we might break those eggshells, we are stepping on.

@TRO, I am in awe of the patience that you and others like @Stevo985 have shown in trying to provide balance in this thread. Much more patience than I have, I readily concede.

But there are specific reasons why today I am less concerned about breaking eggs. 

I think Bruce is doing a good job here and it’s time to start asserting this more strongly. Maybe as persistently and obsessively as some of his regular critics on here.:)

Edited by briny_ear
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Xela said:

We are not saying Bruce out, we are simply concerned by the prospect of Bruce managing us in the pl.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, vreitti said:

Haven't seen any negativity concerning tonight's result (or performance). Maybe I'm just blind.

The result clearly not, and yes credit where it's due - not so sure about the performance though - I was bored again at times, however if  we we win every game between now and May  1-0 then he walks away I'll put up with his turgid playing style for now.

8 hours ago, TRO said:

I've always liked him Dave right back to when he was a defender with Norwich.....and my opinion of him has never changed.....I like his down to earth approach , no side, no prima donna attitude.

like any of our managers, there are moments i scratch my head.....but overall they are our managers and while they are employed by Aston Villa, they will get my support.

And after the Brentford game said he had to go!

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Dave J said:

The result clearly not, and yes credit where it's due - not so sure about the performance though - I was bored again at times, however if  we we win every game between now and May  1-0 then he walks away I'll put up with his turgid playing style for now.

Maybe watching highlights packages or playing fifa would be a better form of entertainment? 

Football is sometimes boring because it's not an all action game, like basketball or ice hockey. It always has been this way and even the top teams in the world can be boring, let alone in the 2nd division. 

Â