Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

I think by now that Bruce knows what he is good at - the championship. I can see the case for keeping him next season, should we go up, but really this team is mostly loans and some players at the end of their contracts. We go up and it'll be a total overhaul, fail to go up then I think he'll stay put and renew the likes of Terry and Snodgrass if finances allow.  

2 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I think by now that Bruce knows what he is good at - the championship. I can see the case for keeping him next season, should we go up, but really this team is mostly loans and some players at the end of their contracts. We go up and it'll be a total overhaul, fail to go up then I think he'll stay put and renew the likes of Terry and Snodgrass if finances allow.  

It will need to be a complete overhaul nearly should we go up.. and without Bruce.

For me it was pretty much uninspiring again - but at the end of the day a win at Forest should not be sniffed at and I will not be churlish and deny credit where it's due- we should all face it - the man is not going anywhere now - I don't like him or his football DNA and I worry about our long term future with Bruce - but in this moment- I will say well done and keep it going 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jareth said:

If we don't go up with this squad why on earth would we keep him? Next year will not be as strong and he will not have earnt the right to still be here. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

If we don't go up with this squad why on earth would we keep him? Next year will not be as strong and he will not have earnt the right to still be here. 

I meant manager too when I said overhaul - we'd need a premier league squad and we'd be able to attract a premier league manager. Dependent on what happens at noocastle but rafa even. 

Ah - misread yer - well if we get beat in the play-off final I tink he'd probably be the best bet next year too in terms of stability. 

Edited by Jareth

It was interesting to hear his reference to the importance of the second goal.....so while the plan was 3 points, securing the win by one goal was not part of his plan....but what you plan for and what you get, can be quite different.

Edited by TRO

19 minutes ago, Dave J said:

What!!! So if he gets us there - is he leaving ? No of course he is not - so we then have to put up with him for another season of turgid football which I fully expect would oversee a return to the championship.

He's clearly not going anywhere- I agree this much - but it's going to be as boring as hell.

hope you enjoy it Stevo - I don't 

No he’ll probably get a season in the prem at least. If he progresses us then he’ll rightly keep his job. If he doesn’t then he should get the sack and we’ll get someone in who will. 

He isn’t going to be our manager for 10 years. We don’t need him to be the guy who tries to get us into the top 6 of the Prem. we just need him to get us there.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

No he’ll probably get a season in the prem at least. If he progresses us then he’ll rightly keep his job. If he doesn’t then he should get the sack and we’ll get someone in who will. 

He isn’t going to be our manager for 10 years. We don’t need him to be the guy who tries to get us into the top 6 of the Prem. we just need him to get us there.

I feel the difference here Stevo is that you half expect him to be ok in the prem? Sorry if I have made an incorrect assumption but in general your posts lend me to think this ? Clearly I have no concrete evidence to know this for sure - I take the opposite view and fear for us going into a premier campaign with Bruce at the helm - Stevo the guy plays with the hand brake on when we are in no danger of being relegated- can you imagine just what we would look like if we are fighting relegation- it would be dire - and I just feel this would be his approach from day one and would be doomed to fail.

hence the reason I have zero faith in him whatsoever. He's going no where anytime soon :-((

Excellent by Bruce. He could've easily sent on Lansbury or Onomah to play midfield but took a chance with Thor as I hear he was good in that position v Peterborough. It worked and killed off Forest in the 2nd half. Fair play on bringing back Terry as well. I would've kept it the same.

5 minutes ago, Dave J said:

I feel the difference here Stevo is that you half expect him to be ok in the prem? Sorry if I have made an incorrect assumption but in general your posts lend me to think this ? Clearly I have no concrete evidence to know this for sure - I take the opposite view and fear for us going into a premier campaign with Bruce at the helm - Stevo the guy plays with the hand brake on when we are in no danger of being relegated- can you imagine just what we would look like if we are fighting relegation- it would be dire - and I just feel this would be his approach from day one and would be doomed to fail.

hence the reason I have zero faith in him whatsoever. He's going no where anytime soon :-((

No. I have no idea why you think that, but it doesn’t surprise me.

I think he’d be average at best in the Prem. but I do think he could probably keep us up for a season. 

Why do people assume that people who want Bruce as manager NOW want him as manager for years and years?

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

No. I have no idea why you think that, but it doesn’t surprise me.

I think he’d be average at best in the Prem. but I do think he could probably keep us up for a season. 

Why do people assume that people who want Bruce as manager NOW want him as manager for years and years?

Without realising it Stevo - you have just answered why- 

i suppose you may not want to acknowledge but the majority of what  you post lends itself to supporting Bruce in my view  - which is clearly not a problem and completely your right to do so - 

if I may say so the prospect of having  Bruce as manager beyond this season fills me with dread 

15 minutes ago, Dave J said:

Without realising it Stevo - you have just answered why- 

i suppose you may not want to acknowledge but the majority of what  you post lends itself to supporting Bruce in my view  - which is clearly not a problem and completely your right to do so - 

if I may say so the prospect of having  Bruce as manager beyond this season fills me with dread 

I have explicitly said in this thread, countless times, that I don’t particularly like Bruce as manager and think he is underperforming.

However, I do tend to defend him from the frankly utter bollocks that is thrown at him in this thread. The criticism of everything he does is incredible so I tend to play Devil’s advocate. 

It is actually possible to acknowledge Bruce’s weaknesses and also realise that he’s doing ok and not everything he does is terrible. 

You wouldn’t think it from this thread I guess.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

I have explicitly said in this thread, countless times, that I don’t particularly like Bruce as manager and think he is underperforming.

However, I do tend to defend him from the frankly utter bollocks that is thrown at him in this thread. The criticism of everything he does is incredible so I tend to play Devil’s advocate. 

It is actually possible to acknowledge Bruce’s weaknesses and also realise that he’s doing ok and not everything he does is terrible. 

Ah - doing ok ? Is that enough for you Stevo ? Does this lend you to think he could do better in the future ?

1 minute ago, Dave J said:

Ah - doing ok ? Is that enough for you Stevo ? Does this lend you to think he could do better in the future ?

Not directed to me but...

Bruce's job this year is to get promotion. If he doesn't he'll be gone, i think Keith Wyness said that at the start of the season. 

While I would like to be in Wolves' position I think we are doing ok at the minute and we are well placed to get promoted. 

14 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Agree 100%.

I've been as vocal as anyone in this thread that i want Bruce gone but that doesn't stop me giving praise where its due. 

I'd happily see him sacked tomorrow but today he got it right, fair play to him. 

Edited by av1

Â