Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

The only argument that I can understand for sticking with Bruce at this point is the question of who to replace him with and the uncertainty that comes with a new manager. Surely no one can think that our results and especially performances are acceptable.

However even that argument is waning, since we are only looking capable of scraping a play off spot at best and would face any of the teams above us that we have consistently failed to beat.

i would roll the dice. I don’t really have a suggestion for the next manager but that’s Round’s job not mine. At least we would all get behind Olof.

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Like 1

The chances of Bruce being sacked before the end of the season are about as high as Man City not to win the league. It is not going to happen.  A defeat seems to generate far more comments than 2,3 wins on the bounce on this site.

I am more positive than negative at the moment- though that seems to be the minority on here.  If we go on a bad run now then yeah obviously that could ruin the season but I  would like to think we are made of stronger stuff this year.  Terry will be back soon which will be a big bonus, Davis might improve with a week off and Sheffield United are on a bad run. 2 wins over Christmas could well change the mood music again.

We're already on a bad run. Everyone and his mother can see we won't ever get promoted playing this turgid football. It's a gamble to replace Bruce now, but one that we need to take if promotion is the aim.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

The chances of Bruce being sacked before the end of the season are about as high as Man City not to win the league. It is not going to happen.  A defeat seems to generate far more comments than 2,3 wins on the bounce on this site.

I am more positive than negative at the moment- though that seems to be the minority on here.  If we go on a bad run now then yeah obviously that could ruin the season but I  would like to think we are made of stronger stuff this year.  Terry will be back soon which will be a big bonus, Davis might improve with a week off and Sheffield United are on a bad run. 2 wins over Christmas could well change the mood music again.

Do you actually watch the games though? Even when we win we rarely play well. That is the crux of the matter for me. If you play well then eventually things will work out for you despite results! If you play poorly then, despite results, eventually you will be found out! We always get found out against the better teams.

This is a poor league. We are competing with teams who are significantly inferior to us. I like Bruce. He is a decent human being. I want him to do well but unfortunately, in my view, he isn’t. I don’t want us to gamble though. We must have a top replacement ready before getting rid.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Its important to try and cling to some positivity, but the reality is we have shown too many issues in games that we win and the standard of football is flat and lacks intensity.....our play is stuttery and uncertain and lacks cohesion.

Most fans have clung to the result to give the benefit of the doubt, but at the same time aware of the fragility.

Steve Bruce himself has said on occasion, you can judge a team on the quality of the strikers, with Kodjia excepted, i will pass.

of course its feasible to build from the back....that being the case, we have an incompleted team Imo.

I have seen things watching games and even when we have won, thought, that cannot continue if we are to make a mark and low and behold it has continued.

I only hope there are some searching questions being asked behind the scenes at B6......because there needs to be.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

Do you actually watch the games though? Even when we win we rarely play well. That is the crux of the matter for me. If you play well then eventually things will work out for you despite results! If you play poorly then, despite results, eventually you will be found out! We always get found out against the better teams.

This is a poor league. We are competing with teams who are significantly inferior to us. I like Bruce. He is a decent human being. I want him to do well but unfortunately, in my view, he isn’t. I don’t want us to gamble though. We must have a top replacement ready before getting rid.

The last line is the crux for me.

10 minutes ago, vreitti said:

We're already on a bad run. Everyone and his mother can see we won't ever get promoted playing this turgid football. It's a gamble to replace Bruce now, but one that we need to take if promotion is the aim.

It's not going to happen.

Just don't understand how we'll get promoted via playoffs as we'd have to beat the teams who finished atone that. We clearly are not capable of beating these teams with Bruce is charge

I want him gone but have no clue who could replace him now. Sadly we are stuck with him

If Bruce had said in the post game

”not good enough was it.  Clearly a couple incredibly foolish mistakes hurt us.  Glenn’s was the most obvious. He’s an experienced pro and will be having a word with himself.  But I’ll be having a word too.  That kind of error simply cannot be repeated, but it has.  We can’t ignore it.  Less obvious was that what we set out to play, never came off.  Players have to follow the plan or we can’t keep playing them.  Those that didn’t will mostly raise their hand, but whether they do or don’t they’ll be hearing from me.  Again, if a player can’t keep his head and work on the same plan as the whole team discussed, practiced and trained, that player can’t keep his spot in the team.  And I need to hold my hand up too.  Too many of the lads couldn’t work the plan today.  That means that either the plan was bad, or I didn’t prepare them well enough.  I’ll talk to my staff, we’ll figure it out.  This kind of failure can’t happen again.  Fortunately, we’ve got real talent and another chance coming up soon “

i’d be Willing to give him a chance.   He didn’t.  He never has

Bruce out

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, vreitti said:

We're already on a bad run. Everyone and his mother can see we won't ever get promoted playing this turgid football. 

Not me.

I don't think he's doing a particularly good job, especially at the moment.

But I think we've still got a decent chance of going up, albeit via the lottery of the playoffs.

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Not me.

But I think we've still got a decent chance of going up, albeit via the lottery of the playoffs.

He is not doing a very good job but you think he'll get us promoted. 

Not going to knock your opinion, but I can't share your optimism. 

At this point in time I think we're more likely to miss the playoffs altogether. I understand that's my opinion.

Just now, TRO said:

Maybe we need to exhibit more bravery like sunderland, they introduce josh maja 18 and bingo....these young guys are fearless, we need to try O'Hare.

Won't happen under Bruce, he wouldn't have played Davis unless he absolutely had to.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Not me.

I think we've got a very good chance of getting into the playoffs but I think we'll be exposed badly in the playoffs.

19 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

He is not doing a very good job but you think he'll get us promoted. 

Not going to knock your opinion, but I can't share your optimism. 

At this point in time I think we're more likely to miss the playoffs altogether. I understand that's my opinion.

If we play like we are playing right now for the rest of the season then obviously we won’t make the playoffs. 

But we won’t. We’re on a shit run of form and we’re still 5th. 

I think we’ll pick back up and comfortably finish in the top 6. 

Whether we can then win the playoffs is up for debate. I wouldn’t be too confident but we’d have a chance. 

Â