Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

2 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

Our results against the top 6 are atrocious. 

Loss to wolves.

Loss to Cardiff.

Loss to Derby. 

Draw against Bristol.

We play Sheffield next week. 

We may be in a playoff spot, but we are absolute garbage against any team of quality in this league. Bruce is not the man for the job. Even if we make the playoffs, Bruce's record against the other clubs is so poor that we'd likely lose. 

it was more than a loss it was a total humiliation v Cardiff  ..and Wolves to a degree

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Eastie said:

Screwed up team selection again and starting with no striker - feel by January we will be well adrift of wolves and derby , the lottery of the play offs awaits I fear ☹️

It will be just like last season.......started falling apart before we could get to Jan and when we got there, too much damage to moral to catch up......not saying we won't finish higher but fear its becoming a bit academic.

Its going to be a slow ,hard road back at this rate.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bobzy said:

We lack creativity (although probably helps if you start with at least one striker!) - but were the better side here.  Classic Rowett performance from Derby.

Except they can finish.?

He's got excuses in that we have a bad injury list and a couple of errors cost us today. 

However, the fans will question the decision to play a young lad up front, out of position, who has recently looked out of form. Why on earth did he do that?

I didn't go to the game but listened to the commentary and they said for all of the time that Onomah played up front that it was a bad idea that wasn't working and needed changing. Then, when the change comes, we seem a better team and creating more. 

Bruce can bemoan the injury list as much as he wants but he really needs to look at himself. Play players where they are comfortable and play in-form players whilst you are at it - or say bye bye to our play-off hopes. 

• Like 1

On 12/9/2017 at 17:32, Junxs said:

I hope Bruce doesnt tell our defenders to pass to Johnstone to lump it forward at every opportunity. We seem to be doing it more and more with each passing game. 

Said this a few games back, looks like Derby did their homework and had a man hovering near the goalkeeper for exactly this. Smart play by them.

We really have no idea how to play football. Cannot wait for Bruce to go so I can start looking forward to watching Villa again. 

These last 14 months have been the most boring football we have ever played since I started watching in '86

• Like 1

He's simply too backwards and regressive. I don't expect us to try and play like Barcelona but do we have to be such a turgid team?

Unfortunately though he's not going to be sacked until the end of the season regardless of what happens.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 1

I would sack him tonight just for turning up at a promotion rival and not playing a striker alone. Absolutely pathetic.

We are awful to watch, constantly going backwards to the defence, it's like watching us in the season we were relegated.

Sack him, offer it to someone who will utilise our squad so that we are on the front foot in games as we should be.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Junxs said:

Said this a few games back, looks like Derby did their homework and had a man hovering near the goalkeeper for exactly this. Smart play by them.

We really have no idea how to play football. Cannot wait for Bruce to go so I can start looking forward to watching Villa again. 

These last 14 months have been the most boring football we have ever played since I started watching in '86

If we are going to be stuck down here for awhile (bruce looks like making that possible) then i just want someone i can get behind. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Czechlad said:

There is no point sticking with Bruce. He just won't beat any of the teams around us in a playoff. We might as well risk getting a new manager. We aren't going up with Bruce. Tony has to realize this.

Exactly. Its worth the gamble. 

No way bruce gets top 2 and even if we scrape a playoff place i've seen enough to suggest it will lead to disapointment. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NurembergVillan said:

I'm always one of the first in this thread after a win, playing devil's advocate.  And whilst I have acknowledged the performances weren't inspiring, I've wanted to point out that we were making progress.  The performances were getting better, even if there was still a long way to go.

Today, though, I've got no defence.  I've got no desire to play the neutral role.  It was absolutely diabolical.  As soon as I saw the starting line up I decided to go to B&Q rather than watch the first half.

No strikers.  A midfielder at centre half.  It's just woeful decision making from the manager.  We've got several influential players either injured or not fully fit, but it's not like we've then shoehorned them into this "system" we've been nurturing all season.  He's just picked the 11 best fit players and put them on the field, even if it's disjointed and shapeless.

I still believe we've made progress, and that we were making progress, but the last few weeks have suggested we're not working towards an end goal.  We're just working.  And today it didn't work.

I think most managers, with the money and ability to sign top players at this level would have made progress. 

Bruce is failing to meet the target set for him

• Like 2

Â