Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

I think it would be difficult to replace him for the right man at the moment - there's no money to spend, not a massive amount in the squad that can be turned into money and every chance that a new man would get the sack for not getting this squad up - if I'm the right manager and I want to take over this club, I wait until the summer.

• Like 1

Just now, omariqy said:

The normal Bruce backers will say it is hysteria but many of us saw this coming. You can't play the way we play and expect to go a whole season getting 2 points a game and getting autos. 

Yep. Nothing suggested he could maintain form like that all year

• Like 2

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

I think it would be difficult to replace him for the right man at the moment - there's no money to spend, not a massive amount in the squad that can be turned into money and every chance that a new man would get the sack for not getting this squad up - if I'm the right manager and I want to take over this club, I wait until the summer.

Why he should have gone end of last season or after the first few games. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, andym said:

No surprise, because this is what he has always done.

His style is to buy a load of players, and then just throw various combinations of them onto the pitch in the hope that one of them will click.

He will never get us to play effective pass and move, to actually develop a team style of play that players can just slot into when we get injuries, because he doesn't know how to, and more crucially, he doesn't want to.

I keep saying exactly this in some FB groups. Often met with support the team or piss off 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Eastie said:

Could be a real fire sale then as our best players get picked off - failure this season could take many years to recover from ☹️

You could be right, but if we are in the play offs at the end of the season, I think we will be okay. I see us going up through the playoffs, if all our players are fit.

We are having rotten luck with them at the minute. 

I didn't see the game today, but the team looked unbalanced to be from the start. I don't like managers just chucking in players because they are good, we need a system that works and stick to it. I think we had that when Codger was out first time. When he came back it changed, and we haven't got it right since then.

10 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Counting down the days until I can go to VP with some hope we might actually play some football.

That's the thing, let's be honest. I get no enjoyment in watching villa play these last few years. I absolutely can't identify with this team. I started supporting villa when i was 9, the season utd pipped us to the league. My god we played such exciting football with exciting players. I don't live in the area, in fact I live in ireland. A 9 year old me getting into football wouldn't follow this team in a million years. Bruce is not what we need.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villianusa said:

You could be right, but if we are in the play offs at the end of the season, I think we will be okay. I see us going up through the playoffs, if all our players are fit.

We are having rotten luck with them at the minute. 

I didn't see the game today, but the team looked unbalanced to be from the start. I don't like managers just chucking in players because they are good, we need a system that works and stick to it. I think we had that when Codger was out first time. When he came back it changed, and we haven't got it right since then.

We've not beaten any of the teams in the top six yet in a playoff scenario you see us going up. Your winging it mate.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Never rated Bruce and didn't want him from the beginning but I honestly think if we had Warnock or Rowett instead, or most other managers in the Chamionship with the exception of a few, we'd be no better off. We need a fairly exceptional manager to turn us around which Bruce never has been and if he's replaced I just hope it's not for another sub standard candidate which would be just another waste of time and energy. 

3 minutes ago, Farlz said:

He's made some awful decisions while in charge but I really think starting Onomah as striker today tops them. Still struggling to get my head around what he was thinking. 

There wasn't much. 

He picked the most physically strong player and stuck him there and went for the same abysmal football approach. 

17 minutes ago, omariqy said:

The normal Bruce backers will say it is hysteria but many of us saw this coming. You can't play the way we play and expect to go a whole season getting 2 points a game and getting autos. 

Been saying this since the start of the season. Been clear as day since day 1.

Out out out out. 

It's going to be a long slow death by suffocation unless we just fire the gun now and put him and us out of our misery. If he doesn't go now he will most surely go in a few months so why wait? 

• Like 1

Onomah at striker really shows a problem with Bruce. He is incapable of changing his tactics. Derby knew exactly how to play against us. Bruce would rather play a tall center mid at striker, instead of a pacey natural striker just because Bruce is incapable of playing any style other than hoof ball. 

Teams know how to play us. Even with Davis we are toothless because Davis is double marked all match. We need a plan B. 

Been supporting Bruce but not starting a bloody striker is undefinable embarrassing shampblic and mcleish like. Whelan for me is massively at fault today's loss. However that was a bad move playing onomah ahead of hogan. Onomah was utter shit and I mean SHIT. He would have been playing snodgrass up top than onomah 

8 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Out out out out. 

It's going to be a long slow death by suffocation unless we just fire the gun now and put him and us out of our misery. If he doesn't go now he will most surely go in a few months so why wait? 

Media pundits will say mean things about us

Â